PGP: Letting Our Freak Flags Fly... Again... Still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Zu, I went to bed.

I hereby christen this new thread perverted with the most perv-worthy Bono pic we have(well next to the bathtub one,ofcourse).

bonoelevatorparis1809.jpg

RAWR!

Love the thread title!!

K must have big plans..it is her birthday this weekend!:wink:

No huge plans for my birfday :wink: Just a nice dinner at home and brunch at the Valhalla on Sunday :D

Have you watched that dvd yet????????? I'm dying to know what you think!

Ah, Comet, you beat me to it! Good for you. And I see you added a Bono/Adam one too - nice.

So I didn't make the first cut for my Fulbright grant. So my chances of going to England next year are pretty much nil unless I can convince The Globe to offer me some sort of special deal where I just do the internship part and not the degree part. I kinda knew this was coming so I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be. But I'll miss telling people "I might be studying Shakespeare at King's College and The Globe next year." Now I have to tell them "I was going to study Shakespeare at King's College and The Globe next year but there's now way I can afford it."

Anybody wanna post some Larry pics to cheer me up?

So sorry to hear this Zooey :hug: Is there anyway you can apply again in the future?

Soorry you guys. :wink:

larrymullenssuntattoo.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :love: :drool: :heart:

my sis is calling me back.:| and thanks comet & amy

:hug: X 100

Girl Talk Warning:

So I saw on the news this morning that hundreds of women are starting a lawsuit against the company that makes the birth control pill Yazmin. Apparently it creates a really high risk for blood clots, more then usual and all the side effects they say are lessened when you take the pill are all lies :ohmy:

That's the one I'm on and I'm all freaked out now :uhoh:

They're playing a news special all about it tonight at 8.

Oh, Christ, Dazz, that's horrible. What a dilemma on your hands. So basically they're just going to try to keep him awake long enough to try and feed him and give him water now?

God. Seriously, Dazz, I don't know how many hugs can be enough for you, I just want to give you as many as I can :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:. You guys are still in my thoughts. I really hope something good comes out of this and a clear decision can be made soon.

Kristen, I've heard things about that stuff, too. I'm not on that (or any birth control, actually), but it is scary. You hear about that stuff and you don't know what to think, what you should do now.

(But isn't that also the one that reduces the number of periods you get? I've always thought that was a dumb thing-I mean, I'm no fan of that time, you understand, but...I don't like the idea of reducing the number of them, I think that can't be good for your body. It's kind of a necessary function for us girls)

Happy to see the sexy Bono elevator picture, and I gotta say, girls, some of these Larry shots are fine :drool:. I can't really argue with some of those pictures.

Angela

Dazzled :hug: :hug: How are you holding up? I'm here if you need anything. :heart:

Zooey, so sorry that things didn't work out the way you wanted them to. :hug: I know how much you wanted it. Maybe you can reapply at some point?

Kristen, oh no! :yikes: Are you going to switch?

:uhoh: Sounds risky Kristen. But don't freak out just yet. Perhaps it's wise to call your doctor to ask her for advice, she can tell you if it's all just a big media hype or not, and advise you to switch to another and such.

I'm sorry Zu, I went to bed.

I hereby christen this new thread perverted with the most perv-worthy Bono pic we have(well next to the bathtub one,ofcourse).

bonoelevatorparis1809.jpg

RAWR!

LMAO! I meant to post that pic last night because zooey had asked in the previous thread, and I forgot. Yay! Gg. :applaud: :drool:

And I'm laughing because I see I labeled those other elevation pics of the guys, as if nobody would have a clue like who the heck are those guys! :ohmy: What a dork. :rolleyes:

:hug: for all those here who need them today. I have a long day at work, not sure if I'll have lurking chances today. :angry:

ugh, Daz. I can't imagine what you're going through. I wish there was something I could say to help you through this. Just know that we're here for you and sending peaceful and positive vibes to you and your family. :hug: :pray:

K, that's scary stuff. I was on that for 3 months and it made me a complete crazy person. For one week a month I would sob for no apparent reason and get really bitchy - typical stuff but stuff I'd never done. Then I switched to the generic version of it and that was better for some reason. I wonder if the side effects are the same for the generic version. But fortunately, I haven't been on the pill for about a year now.

Can't imagine days on end of freezing temps. *snuggles all the Canadian girls for warmth*

and, um, y'all? I think my perv is broken :ohmy: I'm looking at that Bono pic and I"m still able to form complete sentences and coherent thoughts. Maybe I"m getting sick or something.

I'm almost ALWAYS glad for the weekend to be here, but yeah, def this one. Even though the week was only 4 days long, it was a trying one. Barely made it to the gym at all. Going this afternoon though, so that should be fun. And starting swimming again on Saturday, new coach, new group - but two of my training buddies are in the group so that should be fun too. And a 10k race on Sunday, while that won't be fun I'll enjoy having done it (post facto).

What are you up to this weekend, VP?

And happy early birthday to K :dance: :cabbagepatch: :dance:

I'm almost ALWAYS glad for the weekend to be here, but yeah, def this one. Even though the week was only 4 days long, it was a trying one. Barely made it to the gym at all. Going this afternoon though, so that should be fun. And starting swimming again on Saturday, new coach, new group - but two of my training buddies are in the group so that should be fun too. And a 10k race on Sunday, while that won't be fun I'll enjoy having done it (post facto).

Oh wow, will the race be hard, since you haven't had much gym time lately?

Sarah's home for the weekend, so we're mostly hanging out. Shopping tomorrow, I think.

-20 CELCIUS??? :yikes: Holy crap. That's cold!

Better than Kristen and Amy's -40! :lol:

Hope you're feeling better. :)

K, that's scary stuff. I was on that for 3 months and it made me a complete crazy person. For one week a month I would sob for no apparent reason and get really bitchy - typical stuff but stuff I'd never done. Then I switched to the generic version of it and that was better for some reason. I wonder if the side effects are the same for the generic version. But fortunately, I haven't been on the pill for about a year now.

Can't imagine days on end of freezing temps. *snuggles all the Canadian girls for warmth*

and, um, y'all? I think my perv is broken :ohmy: I'm looking at that Bono pic and I"m still able to form complete sentences and coherent thoughts. Maybe I"m getting sick or something.

That sucks you experienced those horrible side effects. I was on Seasonale a while back and had to switch off of it because it made me so anxious. It was awful!

I've been on Yazmin for the longest time now and it's been fine. Now I'm all freaked out even though I haven't experienced any of those side effects.

Wow 10k :ohmy: Good luck!!

..and thanks :hug:

-40C? :yikes: Jesus how do you guys LIVE at those temperatures?

I was feeling better, till some idiot newb at karate hooked(illegal in our style) me in the ribs on the back. Aka right on the lungs. I couldn't breathe. :| And to make it worse guess who later made a joke about it that I was being weak. Seriously NOT my day. And when I left to catch the bus(could've gotten a ride but that would be sharing a car with him) I found out that my earphones died somehow. The cable is completely ripped out of the plug, how the fuck can that happen when it's lying in my bag? And then the bus came there, had to switch buses and the other I just missed. Had to wait half an hour so I decided to walk. Got stalked by some creep in a long coat until I came near other people. And the whole time I was so goddamn frustrated and trying not to cry. Why am I even being so goddamn emotional about this. God I HATE being female sometimes. :banghead:

At least my throat is back to normal and my head isn't pounding anymore. So flu's gone. Back to breathing problems as usual.

Oh, Christ, Dazz, that's horrible. What a dilemma on your hands. So basically they're just going to try to keep him awake long enough to try and feed him and give him water now?

God. Seriously, Dazz, I don't know how many hugs can be enough for you, I just want to give you as many as I can :hug: :hug: :hug: : hug :. You guys are still in my thoughts. I really hope something good comes out of this and a clear decision can be made soon.

Angela
thank you :hug:

Since we now know what the medical parameters, and our dad's DNR, no, the "desicion" is pretty much out of our hands now.

If he wakes up enough to take water & food he'll be around till until (because late stage dementia starts to mess up various body systems) something major misfunctions that could be weeks or so; or a real infection for which we won't send him to the hospital, and let it take it's course (hey, if by a miracle he recovers from an infection ok!)....
And if he's not awake enough to take food & water...once he leaves the hospital (where he's being fed & rehydrated) ...then it'll be a matter of days, a week? He'll be leaving the hospital soon a day or 2 or 3? Maybe even today?
I have to call to find out where I am going tovisit him.

Dazzled :hug: :hug: How are you holding up? I'm here if you need anything. :heart:
thansk, VP.:hug:

Well I'm feeling pretty surreal, and the sadness comes and goes right now as you can possibly imagine. It'll be hard but I'll get through this. My mom was the parent I was more identified with, and closer to. My dad ran so hot and cold (verbal, emotional abuse, even threatened physical violence -putting up his fist to me in later years; of which had I been a very reactive person would have proabaly knocked him to the floor...) that though i bascially love him I didn't like him very much a fair portion of the time. My mom I usally liked a lot most of the time, besides loving her.

I am/was more worried about my sis with even more serious loss than me (her other friend), and she identifed with my dad more in many ways- I'm worried she might have some serious physical manifisation from grief.

I feel better now though because she has some Energy and other Healers that will be watching over and working with her. That eases my mind.

I really feel (since grief can exascerbate existing conditions) that the only 5 months after my mom's death my deep ,<and unhealithy> partly unexpressed grief <because of my nasty roomamate>, add in the intense fears of John McCain being elected caused my retina to start detaching <there was only a 4% chance of this happening with an underlining condition I have, but i did have a higher chance <vs 2% peoole without the condition> of it happening. It started happening ?2 days beofre the elelction....and it really looked like a stress reaction(but not a detached retina at first) it was a "perfect storm".

I don't really fear anything like that happening to me espedcially now that I know my sis is being watched over.

ugh, Daz. I can't imagine what you're going through. I wish there was something I could say to help you through this. Just know that we're here for you and sending peaceful and positive vibes to you and your family. :hug: :pray:
thanks , zu. :hug: having you all, plus my f2wf friends (who a few sometimes are hard to get a hold ofbecause of way different schedules)...ihas been/is very helpful. :heart:

The only good so far I can think of is that I'm being clear enough in my thought process that some of you will get a clearer undersdstanding with what it's like to go through this.....

Most of you won't have to deal with this for at least ?say 20- 25 years through to 70+ or yrs.
I learned something about grief when in my 30's , a woman I knew was losing her mom to cancer (early death) she was very articulate with her observations and felt free to cry (and i was OK with intense emotions).

So when 9-11 I understood some of my reactions right off, before I got & read pamphlets, and news articals about the trauma and grief.

I better eat somethin and get ready to go & I'll see you all later.

BIG :hug:sss to kristen & VP for your wind-chill :yikes: really sub-zero temps ! :(

Our area in the coldest areas we're getting -20°F as well.

Can-u-saaaaaay
"I'm crochetting an extra ear/forhead band right nao!!" :lol: :uhoh:

LUCKILY I have a big, plush hood in the meantime!

I'm making that French Dip slow cooker recipe that Cori posted a while back, and it's not turning out for me. :scream: First it was way too salty, and then I fixed that, but now it should be done, and the meat is all...not tender at all, I bought the kind of roast the recipe called for, but I think it was crappy. :( I suck at roasts. Steaks, I'm good, but roasts, not so much. Sigh.

On the bright side, I had to buy beer for it, so I bought extra. It's helping me not think about my sad, sad roast beef situation. :wink:

Dazzled and GG. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom