PGP.....Just a bunch of girls looking for a......Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:

sounds like a fantastic job...though i don't envy the bureaucracy. i hope they work it out sooner rather than later. i'm sure that is stressful.

in May I was working with some African refugees and we took a group of moms and kids to the library--none had EVER seen one before and they couldn't believe that you could sit and read books for free. it was awesome to witness.

That's exactly why I want to specialize in outreach! I want to help people get comfortable with the library. I think it would be very rewarding, for me as well as the new patrons.

Diane L said:

That's exactly why I want to specialize in outreach! I want to help people get comfortable with the library. I think it would be very rewarding, for me as well as the new patrons.

that sounds just right for you! our problem here is that public transportation really blows, and its hard for whole families (refugee families tend to be large) to take the bus to get to the library. but volunteers take them from time to time, so better than nothing.

Sad_Girl said:

but I think maybe next time she'll not try to keep up with him when it comes to Guiness and Whiskey

drunk.jpg

:lmao:

sgbripillowfight.jpg

Some things never seem to change :shifty: :wink:

as for the boys in the band - they seem to be keeping to themselves a bit :sad: they spend most of their time in the garage practicing as a band or individually or going to class. :sigh:

the most excitement today was when Adam decided to wear his blue hat again :lol:

snapshot_51bac4fa_91bec47b.jpg

Ruff - other than Bono's clothes the rest of the clothes I'm using are the ones that come in the Maxis made software with the game

And the cow/mascot freaks me out too :lol: it and the cheerleaders are always roaming around the dorms and they are sims made 'non-player characters' whom I can't get rid of :lol:

is anyone watching the new Tommy Lee show? the Rock Star-esque show?

SG, do you put the game on auto or are you making choices for everyone? and there are DORMS now? Geez, which sims is that? I think my version is about 2 years old...it's the basic, then I have Hot Date and Livin' Large.

ruffian said:

that sounds just right for you! our problem here is that public transportation really blows, and its hard for whole families (refugee families tend to be large) to take the bus to get to the library. but volunteers take them from time to time, so better than nothing.

I recently attended a workshop about this sort of thing, and they said that in many cultures, the entire family will go places together, including the library. And you also have to explain that they can check the books out...they don't have to be read there. Another interesting thing is when it comes to time, some cultures aren't as hung-up on it as we are...which leads to misunderstandings regarding overdue fines! It was very interesting to learn about this.

HI ruff & Diane

I'm feelijng kinda blue....alot of stuff is going on or soon to go on [art teacher problems, my mom needs shoulder surgery -at 81, need to find some other reha/esp becUASE I CAN'T GO ALL THE TIME i;VE BEEN GOING TO iNDEPENDENT STUDY NOW :madspit: , though roomate was quieting down but tonight she bitched out again :mad: ] and it's ALL stressful to various levels :(

at least I've had great weather & got out to the Gontanical garden... and saw little baby ducks! :heart:

and I'm hanging with you aLL, SOON WITH OTHER FRIENDS HERE AGUAN. :hug:

dazzledbylight said:
HI ruff & Diane

I'm feelijng kinda blue....alot of stuff is going on or soon to go on [art teacher problems, my mom needs shoulder surgery -at 81, need to find some other reha/esp becUASE I CAN'T GO ALL THE TIME i;VE BEEN GOING TO iNDEPENDENT STUDY NOW :madspit: , though roomate was quieting down but tonight she bitched out again :mad: ] and it's ALL stressful to various levels :(

at least I've had great weather & got out to the Gontanical garden... and saw little baby ducks! :heart:

and I'm hanging with you aLL, SOON WITH OTHER FRIENDS HERE AGUAN. :hug:

Dazz :hug: sorry it's been hard. this place always helps, what with things like cow udders to distract you from the heavy stuff :wink:

WildHoney said:

I watched it last week, when they went into the house...Don't know how far the UK is behing you in the series??

i think we might be one episode ahead...one person has been voted off so far. i like the chick from Africa. she's got a tough-girl thing goin' on!

Back
Top Bottom