PGP: Detective Edge Awaits His Grape Jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:uhoh: Then how horrible is it when I'm going to tell you that I cannot stand caramel?

:sad:

Do you have nasal spray you can use? That usually fixes a stuffy nose for me, when I have a bad day with the hayfever.

I had a prescription spray for a couple of years, but when I tried to refill it earlier this month, the doctor's ofice wouldn't write a new prescription without me coming in for a visit. It hasn't been that bad, and I'm too lazy to make a new appointment. :lol:

For worst case scenarios (like I'm stuffed up and have karaoke plans, or have a choir concert or something), I have Afrin, which is completely scary shit. It works - clears everything right up, but then the next day I usually have a "kickback," where the stuffiness comes back ten times worse.

And it also makes my throat really dry, which sucks if I'm using it because I want/need to sing. But it's easier to sing with a dry throat than with a plugged up nose.

/fascinating nose shit

Do you have any good food places at the new building? :wink:

We'll have an entire building to ourselves. However, there are a couple of good restaurants in the area. It's a new development, so there's potential for more good eating spots between now and when we move. :yes: There definitely will be more selection there, which could be a good or a bad thing. :lol: Where we are right now is mainly just businesses and a couple big box stores. The new area has a lot of condos and restaurants, and a bunch of businesses. It's definitely a better location. :up:

Sorry I couldn't respond to your last BBM, DG. My phone battery is almost dead, so I'm saving the juice on that until I can get home to charge it. :)

:sad:

I had a prescription spray for a couple of years, but when I tried to refill it earlier this month, the doctor's ofice wouldn't write a new prescription without me coming in for a visit. It hasn't been that bad, and I'm too lazy to make a new appointment. :lol:

For worst case scenarios (like I'm stuffed up and have karaoke plans, or have a choir concert or something), I have Afrin, which is completely scary shit. It works - clears everything right up, but then the next day I usually have a "kickback," where the stuffiness comes back ten times worse.

And it also makes my throat really dry, which sucks if I'm using it because I want/need to sing. But it's easier to sing with a dry throat than with a plugged up nose.

/fascinating nose shit

:crack: oh that's pretty annoying. Why couldn't they just write out a new prescription?

That medicine doesn't sound like it works properly. Bad side effect! I have aerius to keep everything under control and it works pretty good. One little blue pill a day and I'm mostly without stuffed nose and teary eyes. On bad days I just get a regular menthol nasal spray from the pharmacy.

We'll have an entire building to ourselves. However, there are a couple of good restaurants in the area. It's a new development, so there's potential for more good eating spots between now and when we move. :yes: There definitely will be more selection there, which could be a good or a bad thing. :lol: Where we are right now is mainly just businesses and a couple big box stores. The new area has a lot of condos and restaurants, and a bunch of businesses. It's definitely a better location. :up:

Sorry I couldn't respond to your last BBM, DG. My phone battery is almost dead, so I'm saving the juice on that until I can get home to charge it. :)

:hmm: More choice will be good. Perhaps there's even going to be a sushi place there!

I think it's because I was just in a couple of months ago for my annual check-up, and I'd told her I hadn't had any allergy issues for over a year, after having a few issues with allergies and some mild asthma symptoms.

I can appreciate a doctor who doesn't just write prescriptions on demand, but it's not like I was requesting oxycodone or something. No big.

I've never had luck with most over-the-counter nasal sprays; the only one that's worked is the scary one.

I do have cat allergies, but not bad. The congestion is more of the seasonal allergy thing - I can tell when it's the cat if my eyes are itchy and my nose is running. I take the over-the-counter version of Claritin for the cat allergies and don't need to take it every day. I'm usually fine with even once every three days, although if I'm petting her too much and I haven't taken a pill in a few days, my eyes will start itching.

Ah, figures then. Good they're following the protocols.

Does your cat allergy depend on the cat? For some reason my sister and me are slightly allergic to SOME cats, but not others including our own cat. I've not heard about that from anyone else.

:hmm: More choice will be good. Perhaps there's even going to be a sushi place there!

That would be awesome! I really hope so. I haven't investigated the area too well just yet, but I'll for sure have to before we move. I'm such a whore for good sushi, so I'll be happy if there's a good place there. :)

Definitely depends on the cat! I grew up with a cat and a dog with no problems whatsoever.

Then I went away to college for my freshman year, and when I came back for fall break? I was horribly allergic to my cat! :sad:

I would take Claritin when I was home, but eventually I think my body just adjusted, and I didn't need to take the Claritin anymore, and would only get stuffed up if I was petting him a lot.

Then I lived with a friend, and she got two kittens, and I was totally fine with them. I think it's a combination of the cats and my body just adjusting to being around them.

Wow It'd suck to be allergic to your own cat after all those years. Probably because you were around it all the time you had a resistance to it, then when you weren't around it the resistance got broken off.

:grumpy: Bloody histamin receptors.

That would be awesome! I really hope so. I haven't investigated the area too well just yet, but I'll for sure have to before we move. I'm such a whore for good sushi, so I'll be happy if there's a good place there. :)

I'm sure you'll find out the good places in no time. :D
Good sushi is hard to find, but when you do it's awesome. :drool:

I think it's because I was just in a couple of months ago for my annual check-up, and I'd told her I hadn't had any allergy issues for over a year, after having a few issues with allergies and some mild asthma symptoms.

I can appreciate a doctor who doesn't just write prescriptions on demand, but it's not like I was requesting oxycodone or something. No big.

I've never had luck with most over-the-counter nasal sprays; the only one that's worked is the scary one.

I do have cat allergies, but not bad. The congestion is more of the seasonal allergy thing - I can tell when it's the cat if my eyes are itchy and my nose is running. I take the over-the-counter version of Claritin for the cat allergies and don't need to take it every day. I'm usually fine with even once every three days, although if I'm petting her too much and I haven't taken a pill in a few days, my eyes will start itching.

Allergies SUUUUUUUUUCK. The only thing that works for mine is shots IN my nose, but they are freakishly expensive, so I just sniffle a lot.

I never used to get seasonal allergies - no hayfever, no nothin'.

A few years ago, everyone was talking about what a bad spring it was in Seattle for allergies, and BAM! I got 'em. I was plugged up for over a month straight - it was HORRIBLE.

The previous fall I'd had my first bout of bronchitis, and it raised some asthma symptoms, and my doctor told me there were a lot of instances of people moving to the Pacific Northwest and having all sorts of allergy and asthma issues because of the dampness and things that entails.

Nothing I tried worked to unplug me. It SUCKED so hard. When they finally went away, the asthma symptoms mostly went away as well. In the past few months, I've had some occasional very mild weezing, so I'm back on a nightly inhaler. I don't need the emergency inhaler though, which is good. One less thing to have to lug around in my purse. :wink:

I'm sure you'll find out the good places in no time. :D
Good sushi is hard to find, but when you do it's awesome. :drool:

Totally! Thankfully since we live on the coast, it's easy for anyone to get fresh and good seafood, which really helps. If the seafood isn't fresh, the sushi is disgusting. I'm pretty spoiled. :)

I never used to get seasonal allergies - no hayfever, no nothin'.

A few years ago, everyone was talking about what a bad spring it was in Seattle for allergies, and BAM! I got 'em. I was plugged up for over a month straight - it was HORRIBLE.

This is what I'm scared of. :lol: Everyone in my family has seasonal allergies except me. However, I do have tons of other food/drug allergies and other health issues that nobody else does. Crossing my fingers it stays that way. :lol:

Is it this one? The one where Edge bites his lip? Makey outey is putting it mildly I believe. :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ1QVpOL6C4

I know there is another one too, but this one's pretty hot. Great performance. :drool:

It's like if Edge doesn't bite his lip, he's going to...

okay I'll stop there. But like Drea said, this should really be on every page.

You know what I hate?

When someone posts on your Facebook wall that "I totally posted a ____ lyric as my status the other day, and you didn't even notice!!!"

A) I'm not the best with lyrics, so even if it's a band or a song I love, I might not catch it. Especially if I don't take the time to read everyone's Facebook statuses that day. And then I feel bad that I didn't read everyone's stuff faithfully, because they told me they put it there just for me. If you want me to see it, you might just want to post it on my wall.

and

B) Someone just told me they referenced a Dropkick Murphys lyric to catch my attention. Um. I have no idea why they assumed I knew every song by the Dropkick Murphys.

I told her I only knew one song by them, so unless the lyric was "I'M A SAILOR PIG!!! AND I LOST MY LEG!!!!! CLIMBING UP THE TOPSAIL, I LOST MY LEG!!!!!!" I never would have gotten it.

:lol: I totally agree.

Even then, there are U2 lyrics that I don't know, since I might not have listened to that song a bazillion times, and am not as familiar with them as I might be with my favourites. :lol: :shock: :horror: :lol:

You know what I hate?

When someone posts on your Facebook wall that "I totally posted a ____ lyric as my status the other day, and you didn't even notice!!!"

A) I'm not the best with lyrics, so even if it's a band or a song I love, I might not catch it. Especially if I don't take the time to read everyone's Facebook statuses that day. And then I feel bad that I didn't read everyone's stuff faithfully, because they told me they put it there just for me. If you want me to see it, you might just want to post it on my wall.

and

B) Someone just told me they referenced a Dropkick Murphys lyric to catch my attention. Um. I have no idea why they assumed I knew every song by the Dropkick Murphys.

I told her I only knew one song by them, so unless the lyric was "I'M A SAILOR PIG!!! AND I LOST MY LEG!!!!! CLIMBING UP THE TOPSAIL, I LOST MY LEG!!!!!!" I never would have gotten it.

I am totally offended that you are not my FB friend. :D

Back
Top Bottom