Old Bono quote I'd never seen before!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephannv

War Child
at least 200 ft away from Bono at all times!
This is...well.....WOW. :angel:

Excerpts from a Letter from Bono to his Father in 1980 :
So as you can see, what was once a dream is now very real. But understand that underneath the gloss there is a lot of hard work ahead, and I hope a lot of fun. I miss home, you, Alison Stewart ,sausages, and even the occasional disagreement. You should be aware that at the moment three of the group are committed Christians. That means offering each day up to God, meeting in the morning for prayers, readings, and letting God work in our lives. This gives us our strength and a joy that does not depend on drink or drugs. This strength will, I believe, be the quality that will take us to the top of the music business. I hope our lives will be a testament to the people who follow us, and to the music business where never before have so many lost and sorrowful people gathered in one place pretending they're having a good time. It is our ambition to make more than good music..."

Such a sweetheart:heart:

I've seen that--it's in Flanagan. That whole last part is really heartwarming, it shows what kind of person Bono is.
*warm fuzzies*
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I copied that down the first time I read U2 At The End Of The World!
Gotta be the best book ever, in my humble opinion...I've read it a gajillion times.

:bono: Such a sweetheart. Sausages!

stephannv said:
I miss home, you, Alison Stewart ,sausages, and even the occasional disagreement.
How nice to name Ali before sausages, isn't it? :lol:
Yeah, that quote's so :love: . Like also the rest of the bible. :love:

I love At the End of the World! Bono was always adorable. Remember that story his dad told to Bill about the time when Bono was three? He went into the backyard and started picking up bees off of flowers and talking to them! His parents were worried for him, but he never got stung. How cute is that?

stephannv said:
Cute yes, but-That's kinda weirrrrdddd. He didn't get stung????
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

No, and that was the thing that worried his parents - or the thing that rather surprised them. :yes:

Here is the story about the bee's...soooo cute.

He[Bob Hewson] sat and looked out his window at the silver Irish Sea. I figured it was time for me to hit the road. Then Bob said, "I remember when he was three, only a toddler. He was out in the back garden. He went over to a flower with a bee. He put out his finger, lifted the bee up, and put it back again. He probably doesn't remember it, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I can remember to this day the horror of my wife and myself. He could go from flower to flower picking up bees and never get stung.

Back
Top Bottom