Most emotional Elevation tour song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Most emotional live song of the Elevation Tour

• With or without you

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • In a little while

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • All I want is you

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Streets

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • One

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Elevation

• A sort of homecoming

• Kite

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Stuck in a moment

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Stay

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • The ground beneath her feet

• Pride

• Sweetest thing

• Sunday bloody sunday

• Total voters
This is a hard one ... I chose Bad for the simple reason that it is my FAVORITE song. Hearing that song live always gets to me.

Kite, Streets, Stay, One, WOWY and Gone were awesoms

JessicaAnn said:
This is a hard one ... I chose Bad for the simple reason that it is my FAVORITE song. Hearing that song live always gets to me.

Kite, Streets, Stay, One, WOWY and Gone were awesoms

GONE!!! I knew I missed something!!!:mad:

Well, they are all good choices, but I'm going to have to go with the penultimate live song, emotional experience, out-of-body nirvana that is Streets live.

It has to be "Stuck In A Moment." I so clearly remember the massive release I felt when they played that song live. I couldn't even see the band, all I saw were hands around me, but it was so amazing to have everyone reaching out toward the stage like that. Plus that song just touches me so much, it's one of those comfort songs for me, when Bono sings, "This time will pass," I really feel like it will.

Tough... until I saw that you included A sort of homecoming. It was one moment, one show and nothing can come close to what happened to me when I heard the intro to that song.

If I would pick a song that was more regurlarly played I'd go for Kite or Stay as deep emotions and Elevation and Streets for excited emotions. :)

As you see, the songs touches my emotions in different ways so, it's hard to pick one.

Oh, and Ground, I waited seven shows to hear it and when they finally did it the eighth, I cried....

Ok, I'm done... :p

I'd have to say that pre-9/11, it was Streets but after 9/11 it had to be Walk On. With the names scrolling in the background and the new meaning to the lyrics "stay safe tonight" you could feel the emotion so much more than before. It gave me the same chills both times I saw it.

MissZooropa said:
Tough... until I saw that you included A sort of homecoming. It was one moment, one show and nothing can come close to what happened to me when I heard the intro to that song.

If I would pick a song that was more regurlarly played I'd go for Kite or Stay as deep emotions and Elevation and Streets for excited emotions. :)

As you see, the songs touches my emotions in different ways so, it's hard to pick one.

Oh, and Ground, I waited seven shows to hear it and when they finally did it the eighth, I cried....

Ok, I'm done... :p

ehhh???

"See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I wait for you"

Bono's American Wife said:
I'd have to say that pre-9/11, it was Streets but after 9/11 it had to be Walk On. With the names scrolling in the background and the new meaning to the lyrics "stay safe tonight" you could feel the emotion so much more than before. It gave me the same chills both times I saw it.

DOH! youre absolutely right Walk on is a great song!

Well....I agree with Sula about Streets...it brings out emotions in me every time. However....I voted for "One" because it actually made me cry in Vegas...if a song makes me cry, I'll vote for it....

Last edited:
I voted for SBS but I would have liked to have voted for "Walk On" at my second Elevation show, which was post 9/11 Atlanta. (November 30, to be precise). OMG.....we cried like babies! I know I did, everyone in the house was. We left the building after the show and someone called up her husband in South Carolina on her cell phone and was talking about it...she was still crying. "New York" and "One" were close--I cried during them also (having two sisters in New York City, one in Lower Manhattan at the time of the attack, makes me really feel this one). That was intense.

[color=royal blue]Kite took on a whole new meaning recently. That got my vote. When I watched Boston on Sunday, I cried during it. [/color]:idea:

This is my first REAL post here, if your wondering who the hell I am. Anyway, this was a tough question, but if I had to pick, I would say "ONE", that song always gets me. However, "KITE" would have to be my second choice. The whole concert is an emotional experience.

Lemonboy said:
I know that song has a special place in your heart but not as special as I thought obviously!:D

Which one? A sort of...? I guess it was the whole situation that made it the most emotional one. When I got home I cried everytime I heard it for at least a couple of months....strange I must say.

For the concerts after September 11th, "New York" was pretty damn emotional. But I went with "Kite".

Wow! That is a stuff question to answer. I choose Sunday Bloody Sunday because my grandma told me about how my grandfather and her both heard about it. That made hearing that song even more powerful then hearing it before.

streets.

Certain songs were more emotional at certain points in the tour (Kite after Bob Hewson's death, New York after Sept. 11, etc.) But Streets is a constant. It's so moving.

I usually don't tear up during songs at concerts, but "One" at the KC Elevation show made me cry. The names of some of the many people who had died on 9/11 were scrolling up over the screen and onto the roof at Kemper, and it just reminded me of so many things. I remembered "we shine like stars...", and it also reminded me of several lines from Romeo and Juliet :

...Give me my Romeo, and when I shall die
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.

I saw the people who had died that day as the cut-up stars in heaven, and the thought was so poignant that I cried...

Walk On when you know the concert's ending... heh Actually, there's Streets and One... But I Still Haven't Found was the unexpected high point of my Salt Lake City concert. That's the Elevation song for me.

Elevation Eye --> :love: :love: :love:

MissZooropa said:

Which one? A sort of...? I guess it was the whole situation that made it the most emotional one. When I got home I cried everytime I heard it for at least a couple of months....strange I must say.

HELLO!!!:lol:

Wich song did I recite???

what did you do on the 10th of July 2001???;)

Ok, sorry... I never mentioned it so I was a bit confused too. :scratch:

WOWY is amazing, one of my favs but the most emotional moment, no, not because of the song itself. The moment as a moment, of course VERY special and emotional but maybe more when I got to see it on the video or when I heard it for the first time then when it actually happened, it was too sureal I guess. :)

On The Edge said:
Walk On when you know the concert's ending... heh Actually, there's Streets and One... But I Still Haven't Found was the unexpected high point of my Salt Lake City concert. That's the Elevation song for me.

Elevation Eye --> :love: :love: :love:

I was going to complain Walk On wasn't on the poll. How could it not be Walk On, it was so sad at the end. :(

The one I voted for was.....

KITE
During the entire show I was up on my feet, dancing around, singing along with Bono and waving my sign like a mad women lol but when they got to Kite I had to sit down for a min and next thing I know I'm crying my eyes out. I think it was when Bono said about how this song is for anyone who's lost someone...
got to me really badly. To this day I still can't listen to that song w/o getting all teary eyed.
*gets a tissue* ok i'm done.

Back
Top Bottom