Moobday: Baby Baby Baby light my way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oliveu2cm said:
wow moonie that is an AWESOME pic!!!!!!! cool funky U2 shot!

I dont know if anyone has seen these of Lar, Pop era
MIKE_AND_LARRY.JPG

GABE_AND_LARRY.JPG

he looks a little pissed off there :crack:

P.S. thank you! :D

Oh, and I love the difference in attitude that is so apparent in those two pictures - he's somewhat smiling in the top one and the guy in the bottom probably tried his patience or something. lol. At least in my picture with him he doesn't look upset. I'd be mortified if he did. And I'm surprised he wasn't with me - my camera didn't work the first time the girl tried to take the picture so I had to go and fix it. :ohmy:

Moonie :D

Gather round, gather round...

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

Olive, I must know....

If you watch that scene closely, right at the beginning of Desire, Larry raises his eyebrows at somebody off to the side. He's not even looking at Bono or Edge. He's playing the ticka-ticka-ticka of the drums, but he's looking at someone. Then he shakes his head and visibly moves to face Bono and look at him. Do you remember what was going on right then? heh. Was it a sign somebody was holding? what?

GAH!

Oh yes, I know exactly what was happening lol. Curses I can't find the pictures to scan..

Well this was Boston, when some of the people in the heart "protested":rolleyes: by sitting down during the opening songs (knowing full well it was to be a recorded concert, hoping to mess up the shots, convey to the band they were 'disappointed'). Anyway, the people who sat down were the same people who were right in front of larry when he comes to the tip. I made the mistake of moving into that crowd at that point (to get a pic/closer to larry) and he was utterly pissed, just looking above people's heads. I have a mucho pissed off shot of him. the other shot is a not so pissed shot. but he did not look down into the crowd, i can tell ya that much. So I'm guessing what happened here is that someone was motioning for him or something, but he wasn't in good humors with certain fans that night.

:der: So yeah.

and I :heart: your pic of you and Lar!!!!!

Re: Gather round, gather round...

That totally makes sense. When I watched it, he raised his eyebrows as if to say, "what, what gives?" and continued to look in that direction, then he shook his head and visably turned away from whoever it was that had his attention. I just thought it was interesting. I had heard about the "sit-in" and let me tell you something... (excuse me if I offend anyone who was at that show and decided that it was necessary to sit down...:grumpy:) from what I heard, most of the people who did sit down were the *same* people who went to show after show after show after show. Bono even said he was getting tired of seeing the same people in the same spots. Give other people a chance to stand on the bar for once. :rolleyes: Yeah, they got screwed out of their "spots", but what I want to know is, if they weren't filming that night and security bungled up the lines and let's say the back half of the line got in first, what would they have done? Started a fight because, 'hey, that's *my* rightful spot?

Let me just say that security DID bungle up the line issue at other venues and people who were first in line didn't get spots on the rail - but from what I heard, they had an awesome time anyway.

I think Larry had every right to be upset. From his standpoint, I'm sure he saw a bunch of spoiled rotten people not getting their way and ruining it for others in the audience as well as for the band. And that sucks.

OK. off my diatribe. heee.

Thanks for the kudos on the picture, Olive... I know you've seen it before, too. ;)

oliveu2cm said:

Oh yes, I know exactly what was happening lol. Curses I can't find the pictures to scan..

Well this was Boston, when some of the people in the heart "protested":rolleyes: by sitting down during the opening songs (knowing full well it was to be a recorded concert, hoping to mess up the shots, convey to the band they were 'disappointed'). Anyway, the people who sat down were the same people who were right in front of larry when he comes to the tip. I made the mistake of moving into that crowd at that point (to get a pic/closer to larry) and he was utterly pissed, just looking above people's heads. I have a mucho pissed off shot of him. the other shot is a not so pissed shot. but he did not look down into the crowd, i can tell ya that much. So I'm guessing what happened here is that someone was motioning for him or something, but he wasn't in good humors with certain fans that night.

:der: So yeah.

and I :heart: your pic of you and Lar!!!!!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Gather round, gather round...

That totally makes sense. When I watched it, he raised his eyebrows as if to say, "what, what gives?" and continued to look in that direction, then he shook his head and visably turned away from whoever it was that had his attention. I just thought it was interesting. I had heard about the "sit-in" and let me tell you something... (excuse me if I offend anyone who was at that show and decided that it was necessary to sit down...:grumpy:) from what I heard, most of the people who did sit down were the *same* people who went to show after show after show after show. Bono even said he was getting tired of seeing the same people in the same spots. Give other people a chance to stand on the bar for once. :rolleyes: Yeah, they got screwed out of their "spots", but what I want to know is, if they weren't filming that night and security bungled up the lines and let's say the back half of the line got in first, what would they have done? Started a fight because, 'hey, that's *my* rightful spot?

Let me just say that security DID bungle up the line issue at other venues and people who were first in line didn't get spots on the rail - but from what I heard, they had an awesome time anyway.

I think Larry had every right to be upset. From his standpoint, I'm sure he saw a bunch of spoiled rotten people not getting their way and ruining it for others in the audience as well as for the band. And that sucks.

OK. off my diatribe. heee.

Thanks for the kudos on the picture, Olive... I know you've seen it before, too. ;)

Why were people protesting?

I took it with my digital camera off my TV - it's from the Boston DVD and it's when they played Desire at the tip of the heart. It was a close-up of him and I noticed that for a split second, somebody must have taken a picture of him because his face lit up. So, I went back and did the slo-mo thing, and there you have it. ;)

Cool! :up:

And I had totally noticed what you mention about that moment, I didn't know why that was either. So thanks, Olive, for clearing that out! Damn, I can't believe people who were lucky enough to go to a U2 concert would act like that... :tsk:

Oh, and I had seen those Pop Larry pics but I don't mind seeing them again, he looks hot! I read a little story on the website of one of those guys in the pics with Larry... apparently Larry was sorta smiling on that one pic because he had just made a joke. The guy told him that he was a drummer too and Larry said "Well, we all have problems..." :laugh:

Awesome pics as always.......

I just went and saw the Part on the Boston DVD, with larry looking into the crowd at the beginning of Desire...couldn't believe i didn't notice it before.....i still don't know what the protest was about?

better late than never....
on monday snapfish was being a bitch
yesterday my computer was being a bitch :mad:
anyways...

he has a mischeivous look on his face
3374363923232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C2439477ot1lsi

3374363923232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C243%3A43%3Aot1lsi

3374363923232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C243%3A439ot1lsi

hehe, love this one
3374363923232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C243%3C455ot1lsi

I think he needs a hug. I'm more than willing to volunteer :hyper:
3374363923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E2323332%3C933%3A9ot1lsi

Last edited:
flaming june said:

:wave: Some of these look new to me... have you had more still making frenzies lately? ;)

:love:

:scratch: Um, no... I finished my Larry stills of the Boston DVD a long time ago :laugh: I know I still have some that aren't uploaded yet, but I assumed I had already posted these since they were uploaded, but maybe not? :shrug:

Anyhoo, glad to see you on! :dance: :D

I'm glad to be on too! :dance: :happy: :dance:

Erised, maybe I'd seen those before, but I didn't remember. Anyhow, those are nice!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom