model behaviour pt3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Bono and none of this is remotely true just imaginative nonsense in my head

Just getting some history out of the way in this chapter, then I can move onto more interesting things I have swirling around my head... like a sexy, funny photo shoot they do to raise awareness and money for their charity, and also raises the temperature between Bono and Anneka:drool:

“So it’s happening then? You and Bono, fighting together for the poor people in Africa, I think it’s fantastic” Anneka’s personal assistant Julie sounded excited over the phone later that evening when she called.

“I just can’t understand why we didn’t think of it earlier, with him on board you will get a lot more attention”

“Yes true” Anneka relented, but feeling a little irked by Julies enthusiasm over Bono “But I don’t think I was doing too bad without him either, I was getting the attention where it was needed, maybe I don‘t do it in the same way as Bono, but it was still affective” she pointed out.

“Of course it is, I am not saying that” Julie hastily backtracked, “I mean if you were not doing a good job Bono would not have noticed, and he would not have got in contact and want to work along with you” Julie paused momentarily hoping that Anneka wasn’t mad at her.

Anneka chuckled, imagining her assistant’s worried expression, “It’s ok, I know what you are trying to say and I guess it’s a compliment in a roundabout sorta way” She relented, and could almost hear Julie’s sigh of relief over the phone

“So what was he like? I mean actually sitting there with him, I take it everything went well?” Julie asked

“Yes I guess it did” Anneka replied not wanting to go into much detail, “Y’know Bono was just being…. Bono. We talked some, threw around a few preliminary ideas about working together, but it was pretty brief because of our tight time schedules,
I had to get of to a photo shoot for the Glam fashion Magazine, and he was heading of to America sometime this evening and was getting things sorted out, so we exchanged cell phone numbers and he said he would be in touch”

“So you have Bono’s personal cell phone?” Julie could not hide the awe in her voice much to Anneka’s amusement”

“Well its easier to keep in touch that way” she pointed out dryly, “Tell me Jules, are you a closeted Bono fan?” she then enquired her assistant teasingly

“Well you know I can’t help admiring the man.. I mean he is so charismatic and the way he does so much, you know he is sincere” Julie replied almost sounding defensive

“Well I will let him know that the next time I talk to him, I am sure he will be pleased to know my personal assistant approves of him” Anneka grinned

“Anneka, will you quit tormenting me!” Julie wailed almost in despair, “O.K. I will admit it outright, I think Bono is great, and yeah, sexy as hell too. And I would give my right arm to meet him for real” she finally admitted wistfully

“Sorry, I couldn’t help it” Anneka laughed sounding apologetic at the same time, but could not resist from adding, “And you never know, maybe the next time I have a meeting with Bono I will bring you along” She only wished she could see Julie’s expression

“You would do that?” Julie asked uncertainly, not sure if Anneka was still teasing her.

“Yeah sure, after all you are my personal assistant, you will probably meet him sometime. So I better get you prepared for it now, don’t want you fainting at the sight of him or your tongue hanging out drooling.. That could be terribly embarrassing for both of us” Anneka pointed out light heartedly.

This time it was Julie’s turn laugh over the phone “Did I ever tell you, that I love working for you?” she said happily

After she had left Tiny’s restaurant with Bono they had parted and gone their separated ways, he had hugged her and promised to be in touch soon.

It wasn’t until now, much later in the evening after her hectic afternoon photo shoot and supper with friends, when she was now alone in her apartment relaxing she allowed her mind to go over the reunion with him.

She found her mind drifting back to her first meeting with him all those years ago especially after her phone conversation with her PA

Anneka understood Julie’s feelings towards meeting Bono for the first time.
It had been pretty exciting for her too when she was introduced to him eight years ago, even though she had been climbing high on the celebrity ladder herself at the time as the new face and figure that everyone wanted to use in their fashion and make up products.

On top of that was the fact she was engaged to Jake Whitely an up and coming rock solo artist, whom she had met at a Movie premiere party the year before.. It was because Jake’s association with the music business they met and became friends with Bono and the other members of U2

They had encouraged Jake with his music career, he had even supported them on tour, which was when Jake and Anneka had got married, afterwards she and Jake Bono and his wife Laurie became close friends.

Things started turning sour for Anneka, just a year into her marriage when Jake succumbed to hitting drinks and drugs as a way to relief the stress and pressure of his
Lifestyle as he became more famous, it went from casual use to full on addiction, and it caused a lot of problems in their marriage when Anneka realised how bad it was.

She had turned to Bono and Laurie for help, especially Laurie, whose brother had died due to his problem with alcohol, and Laurie involved with an organisation that helped people with such problems, and because she was a friend thought Jake would listen to her and try and do something about his addiction.

Anneka had never considered that it would bring Laurie and Jake closer to a point that they would eventually take of together.

It had come as a shock when she was busy involved in a fashion show in Milan, she received a phone call from her husband informing her he was leaving her to be with Laurie, that the two of them realised their feeling were too strong for each other, and they decided they wanted to be together to start a new life,

He had implied that Laurie had been more supportive and understand to him, which had hurt Anneka deeply considering she had been the one to encourage him to seek help and thought she was doing the right thing to get their marriage back on track.

She had been too stunned by the bizarre turn of events she had hardly been able to say a word during the phone conversation, Jake had finished with an abrupt apology than had hung up, Leaving Anneka numb with shock.

It was only a little while later she got a phone call from a rather agitated Bono telling her that Laurie had got in contact with him when he was in London, to tell him she was leaving him to go of with Jake, and did Anneka have a clue what the hell was going on, Anneka realised it wasn’t some sort of horrible joke or weird nightmare.. It had really happened, and she agreed to meet up with Bono to finds out what was going on.

They had met up in London and discovered Laurie and Jake had indeed packed their belongings and had disappeared… it had been a terrible time for both of them.

Whilst she had been in a state of bewilderment, asking herself how it could have happened, Bono got angry taking solace in getting drunk, It had been in this state he had shown up at Anneka’s house late one evening.

She had let him in hoping to calm him down to try and make some sense out of what had happened with their estranges spouses. Who, they discovered had gone to Toronto in Canada and insisting they still wanted to be together.

Bono wasn’t in the mood for wanting to calm down, mad as hell at Jake and Laurie for their betrayal, and when he had grabbed Anneka and kissed her when she had taken hold of his arm in an attempt to stop his drunken rant, it had shocked her. It was then that Bono had suggested if it had been good enough for their spouses to screw around, then they could to.

For all of five seconds Anneka had seriously considered taking up this offer, especially with the feel of Bono’s rough kiss still on her lips. But realising it was all just madness and the emotion of the moment, it would not make things any better, she had pulled away from him, telling him to go home, that he wasn’t thinking straight in his drunken state, that screwing her was not going to bring Laurie back.

It had been then he had come back at her with accusations that it was her fault because she couldn’t control Jake, and in anger she had yelled for him to just get out and pushed him through the front door. It had been her last memory of him before she had met up with him today.

But it had been so much easier avoiding him than facing up to all that had happened.
In a way she had blamed herself for what had transpired between Jake and Laurie, after all if she had not brought them together over Jake’s addiction it might not have been different

And although the memories still made her uncomfortable, it was a true saying that time eventually heals all wounds. They had both moved on from then, become different people.

She believed Bono was sincere when he had apologised and regretted what he had said and done, deep down she had known he had not meant to hurt her. All the negativity of their past she hoped would disappear as they both tried to do something positive for the future, that was her hope and outlook for their reunion she really wanted

Last edited:
I am half way through chapter four.. just distracted by looking after our 17 baby rats:lol:

Back
Top Bottom