Met Bono 5/9 and 5/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
:hyper:

Details and pics to follow. :sexywink:

(just got back to the hotel and am exhausted)

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!! Finally you did it and you're going to sleep :crazy:

**Waits**

starsgoblue said:
:hyper:

Details and pics to follow. :sexywink:

(just got back to the hotel and am exhausted)

Please. Post. VERY. Soon. :hyper: :hyper:

... and congrats btw, if I haven't said that yet! :applaud: :hug:

Congrats! And when you wake up, we'll all be here eager to see and read your story of meeting Bono Vox.

Dreamin' Out Loud,
Phil

:hyper: Stars, you're killing us!!!!!! :faint: Please, please, please, please, please -- tell us EVERYTHING. AND SOON! :D

I'm so happy for you!! :hug: You said you were going to meet him this year & you went & did it. :up: I am soooooo green! :D

Ok ok, I'm here already! :lol:

Where to begin....well basically on the first day I stood outside in the drizzle for about three and a half hours.....totally nervous and unsure about the whole thing. I was one of the first few people there at the time and I brought an 8 X 10 photo of Bono that I've had for years--I have kept it in my dresser drawer because I wasn't going to frame it until it had a certain someone's signature on it. :wink:

Well, eventually the crowd waiting got very large and my nerves got increasingly rattled seeing all these people behind me. (How the crowd ended behaving is a whole other story) Finally we all see a black Lincoln limo pulling in--it's Paul McGuinness! He just waved and went on through. Next, Larry rolled on by--he was on his cell phone and didn't stop either. Another car pulled in and stopped a little ways through the gate. Edge's bodyguard steps out and tells us the proverbial 'we're running late and there is no time for autographs or personal pics but Edge is going to come out really quickly to say hi' line...Which was understandable since they were filming the concert DVD that day and it was kinda late in the day... He went back to the car and out steps Mr. The Edge! He is so cool in person! Well, pandemonium set in and I was shoved/pushed from my spot in the front to the side near the limo--just as Edge was cruising on by! He smiled and extended his hand. This hand from another person came out of nowhere it seemed and shook it instead. Oh well....It was exciting just to see him up close--quite the badass! :hyper:

So I'm still standing nearby the limo, in a total daze as Edge's car pulls of. The next thing I know another car pulled in it's place. I mean like the rear passenger door was right in front of me. I had no idea who it coulda been, since Adam and B were both unaccounted for. The door opens and it's Bono! He got out of the car and shut the door behind him and just looked right at me. It was so surreal--it all happened very quickly but at the same time it seemed like time completly stopped. We just kinda both looked at each other for a moment. Now, I've seen him in countless pictures and on DVD and in concert but it was nothing like being that close to him. He has this amazing prescence--quiet but very powerful. My heart just began pounding knowing that he was standing there looking at ME! My brain finally caught up with me and I reached out my hand. Bono walked up and took my hand with both of his. :faint: I looked down and just couldn't believe that I was there and Bono was holding my hand like that. His hands were warm and felt very strong. I looked up and saw him looking right at me....probably waiting for me to regain the ability to speak. I think I sputtered out hello. (Thing gets a little hazy here for me, I think I was shaking like a leaf) I offered him my photo (I'm going to post it for you guys in a bit, it's one from the Elevation era with him holding one side of his jacket open and looking away)...he seemed to have a little smile on his face as his signed it and gave me a quick glance before he seemed to be swallowed up in the crowd....I just watched as he went along the crowd, smiling and joking with everyone. I completley forgot to take any pics! :banghead: (Thankfully I remembered the next day.....I'm scanning them now and will post ASAP)

After that I just went and sat in the grass, in total disbelief. I had been waiting for that moment for so many years now and I was just incredibily grateful. I admit I was a little embarrassed that I got so tongue tied but when you can see your own reflection in his shades I'm thankful I didn't keel over.

I'll tell the rest of the story in a second post....and I'll put the pics up as well!

/rambling ;)

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Ok ok, I'm here already! :lol:

Where to begin....well basically on the first day I stood outside in the drizzle for about three and a half hours.....

GREAT story Stars :)

What time did you get there? While you were waiting to get your photo autographed, did you lose your place in line for the show?

Aaaah! The pics came out great, there's freckles and rosary galore but I can't get the flippin' scanner to work! :rant: (shakes a stick at scanner menacingly) Maybe I'll just have to tell the second story if I can't get the pics....grr....

starsgoblue said:
... there's freckles and rosary galore but I can't get the flippin' scanner to work!
Aaaacccckkkkk!! :censored: Stars - hurry, get some Tech Support for that evil scanner!! Or an exorcist - whatever it takes!
Must..... see..... freckles...... :faint:

And by the way, I'm so green with envy at this point, I think I'm just going to change my name to "Ivy", or "Kelly", or maybe even "Forest"! :wink: <-- (see?? green!!) :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom