MERGED--> Is Bono looking his age???? + Oks, question for saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:

oh yesh perfect :drool:
btw here's the other one from '95 (yes that is Edge's nobutt)... I do have one other pic of Bono on the beach in Italy (99/2000?), but Ali's on that one too, and it's from the same set as his bare butt pics, so I'm not sure if I he'd apreciate me spreading parts of that set...
Bare butt?? Bono was sunbathing nude and the paparazzi caught him? Poor baby! :|

Can u send me that pic, btw.... :evil:

Galeongirl said:

btw here's the other one from '95 (yes that is Edge's nobutt)... I do have one other pic of Bono on the beach in Italy (99/2000?), but Ali's on that one too, and it's from the same set as his bare butt pics, so I'm not sure if I he'd apreciate me spreading parts of that set...
956hc.jpg

um... Gg...? I certainly wouldn't want you to spread those pics around publicly either.... but... I would love if you shared privately??? please??

ccccpenyak@earthlink.net

thank you :)

Bonocomet as to your quote: But I can still dance through a U2 show as well as I ever could.

I understand!

Heres a :laugh:at the Nov. 22, MSG show I was standing next to to younger girls maybe in their 20's. I will be 40 in July. When the show was over one girl said to me how did you know all that stuff you never missed a beat! (I stood, screamed, sang, cried, etc the whole time.) At one point, she even asked me if I needed some water! Even Bono noticed and when he was exiting the stage, he said good-bye love! (1st row behind stage)

I love my age!:wink:

JCOSTER said:
Bonocomet as to your quote: But I can still dance through a U2 show as well as I ever could.

I understand!

Heres a :laugh:at the Nov. 22, MSG show I was standing next to to younger girls maybe in their 20's. I will be 40 in July. When the show was over one girl said to me how did you know all that stuff you never missed a beat! (I stood, screamed, sang, cried, etc the whole time.) At one point, she even asked me if I needed some water! Even Bono noticed and when he was exiting the stage, he said good-bye love! (1st row behind stage)

I love my age!:wink:

Well actually that was MsPurrl who said that about dancing thru a show, but hey same here, and I think same for all us "U2 age" fans! I had replied to her with "yay for you, and your mom! Yep I'm just one year younger than Bono, and like you, and him, I don't feel any different really than we did way back when. Except of course, we knew much more then than we do now."

Heehee... yeah sorry, I couldn't resist that one... great line Bono! :)

Babydoll said:
Galeongirl said:

Bare butt?? Bono was sunbathing nude and the paparazzi caught him? Poor baby! :|

Can u send me that pic, btw.... :evil:

well actually, he was changing his swimshorts for normal ones or vice-versa, and he had a towel on.. but it was abit, euh, windy there.... and it flew up... and sadly for him, there was paparazzi around..... I am told there were also pictures in it with Ali and one bare breast, and Bono got furious about that instead of his own butt, wich is quite understandable! his girls were also photographed, but they were dressed properly!
He sued the mag and won it..... :)
hm but I don't see much difference in posting it here or sending it to everybody separate ... I don't even have them on the pc, but I do have the site I found them at linked... I'm not sure if I am allowed to post that link here, so people can see the article(it is italian tho) and pictures themselves...

Well, up to you Gg if you want to send the link, that would be great, but I know I probably shouldn't even be asking. Too nosey for my own good I guess. :sad:

The butt pics are very bad, not hot at all, just an invasion of his privacy by photographers who got sued by Bono and Ali. His towel blew up while he was changing trunks. The mods delete them if you post them on the forum. I don't even want them in my personal collection or in a hosting site under my name. Bono doesn't want the pics seen so we should respect that:| He was with his wife and kids, for goodness sakes.

Now, if he had posed for Playgirl :macdevil: of his own free will, I'd have no problem looking at his arse at all! :sexywink: :lol:

RocknRollKitty said:
The butt pics are very bad, not hot at all, just an invasion of his privacy by photographers who got sued by Bono and Ali. His towel blew up while he was changing trunks. The mods delete them if you post them on the forum. I don't even want them in my personal collection or in a hosting site under my name. Bono doesn't want the pics seen so we should respect that:| He was with his wife and kids, for goodness sakes.

Now, if he had posed for Playgirl :macdevil: of his own free will, I'd have no problem looking at his arse at all! :sexywink: :lol:

Very well said RnRKitty. And I think you are absolutely right. Thanks for reminding me. :)

RocknRollKitty said:

yes, that was a bit what I tried to explain... but I am not very good in english to explain what I feel I guess :reject:

Oh ok. Cool. Of course if he actually sued the mag then he def doesn't want his fans to see it... I shall respect his wishes. :)

MsPurrl said:

Me, too. :wink:

Quote: 40 really isn't that old, but 60, kind of is 'old.'

Yeah, I used to think that, too. But I'm rushing toward that particular bend in the road of life a lot faster than I like to think about. And you know what? I'm still the same "me" inside myself that I was at 20, 30, or even 40. It's still "me" in here! True, physically I have slowed down somewhat; and I can't stay up all night anymore. But I can still dance through a U2 show as well as I ever could. And mentally, I'm still tarp as a shack. :lol:

I remember when my mother turned 60: she said, "I can't be 60." I was 36 at the time, and asked her why. She said, "Because 60 is old, and I'm not old!" It's all in your point of view!

Thanks for writing that! It's exactly how I feel and think too. Nice to read from other plebans in the same age bracket.
Looking in the mirror does tell me I'm aging, but I just don't feel it inside! At the U2 show I was more hyped than my teenagers! Like JCOSTER wrote earlier: "I was standing next to to younger girls maybe in their 20's. I will be 40 in July. When the show was over one girl said to me how did you know all that stuff you never missed a beat! (I stood, screamed, sang, cried, etc the whole time.) At one point, she even asked me if I needed some water! Even Bono noticed and when he was exiting the stage, he said good-bye love! (1st row behind stage) " ( Except I wasn't lucky enough to be that close to the Bman, so no "loveydovey" messages for me!! :sad: )

Although being Bono's age myself, I don't think that is old. Could anyone call Bono "old?" really? Maybe he is tired at times (running around the world, literally, I'd be too!) but never old.
Glad you still feel tarp as a shack ;) cause I do really feel that it really is how old you are in your mind. Us older diehards know those boys from way back, we have the advantage of remembering so much more!
" without or with you............. without or with you ........mmmhmmhh, .............." just the best song ever!! :wink:

Last edited:
U2Kitten - Speak for yourself. I'm 29 and am constantly mistaken for 18. I would love to look like I'm turning thirty. Some of us don't actually want to hang on with tooth and nail to youth. It's stupid. It's a waste of time. :eyeroll: Age gracefully, I say. It's sexier.
I mean, fine, if you want to dye your hair and all that crap, fine, just don't do it to deny your age. That's shit.

*pauses to listen to the audio clip*
"I was having way too much sex for my age.."

:lmao: TMI, Paul Hewson. TMI. Drown that man now, somebody. Just drown him. :lmao:

Devlin said:
*pauses to listen to the audio clip*
"I was having way too much sex for my age.."

:lmao: TMI, Paul Hewson. TMI. Drown that man now, somebody. Just drown him. :lmao:

:giggle: I think he says I AM.... also what means TMI???
and I don't think he denies his age... I think he feels more comfortable with the dyed hair and shades.. because... well he's been dying his hair since his 21th ... so why should he suddenly stop that? because he is old now? ... don't think so

Galeongirl said:

and I don't think he denies his age... I think he feels more comfortable with the dyed hair and shades.. because... well he's been dying his hair since his 21th ... so why should he suddenly stop that? because he is old now? ... don't think so

Nothing wrong with trying to look your best. sometimes us "older foggies" (not you galeongirl!! :wink: ) want to match our "outsides" more to how we feel on the inside. Aging gracefully doesn't mean just letting ourselves go, at times we still want to try new looks, something sexier, try an edgier haircut maybe, styles change, and so do we, whatever. Nothing to do with trying to deny our age, Bono obviously doesn't.

Last edited:
thankyou said:

Nothing wrong with trying to look your best. sometimes us "older foggies" (not you galeongirl!! :wink: ) want to match our "outsides" more to how we feel on the inside. Aging gracefully doesn't mean just letting ourselves go, at times we still want to try new looks, something sexier, try an edgier haircut maybe, styles change, and so do we, whatever. Nothing to do with trying to deny our age, Bono obviously doesn't.

yeah I know I'm a baby here... but I think Bono feels still young, and he is a little child every now and then... and that boyish smile... so he wants to reflect that.. and you don't quite reflect feeling young when you have white hair like him... ^^ I wonder what Bono's new style is going to be... since he had a new style at each new album... :hmm:

Galeongirl said:

yeah I know I'm a baby here... but I think Bono feels still young, and he is a little child every now and then... and that boyish smile... so he wants to reflect that.. and you don't quite reflect feeling young when you have white hair like him... ^^ I wonder what Bono's new style is going to be... since he had a new style at each new album... :hmm:

I actually liked how radically he changed his look during the POP era.

(photos anyone?)

Last edited:
I'm posting this one as my favorite because he is singing "Mothers of the dissapeared", every time I see that clip I try not to cry!! :sad:

motd.jpg

Sorry, I know we're getting off the subject here, with POP Bono, so just to continue with the theme of the thread, eh..... hmm.. should Bono try a short buzz cut again for the next album? Or would that make him look too much "his age"?? :giggle:

I think the hair he had during Elevation made him look pretty young... but his current hair I love :love: it looks so pretty ^^ I don't think he should go back to the pop-chop, since the short cut is very hard to dye... and his hair would be white...

No! on the Pop Chop--he looks glorious now--OOTS video--:drool: When I saw him in Atlanta :drool: Do you know what I think would look good on him--------Me!

Bono's Doll said:
No! on the Pop Chop--he looks glorious now--OOTS video--:drool: When I saw him in Atlanta :drool: Do you know what I think would look good on him--------Me!

:lmao:
smart thinking there!
and agreed onthe OOTS video.. espeically the 2nd one :drool:

Carmelu2fan said:
Awesome photos! He looks amazing!!

You are welcome, TY..here is one more:wink:
2a1094a6.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

best Pop Bono picture period!
now the thing that makes me curious is whatever he's wearing under the green shirt,.... :drool:
to get ontopic a bit... aging men are cute, Aging Bono is HOT!
anybody got caps from video2 already?

bonolooking9ar.jpg

In the above Pop Bono picture, I would really, really like to know what he has in his shirt pocket!

Unrelated, but funny: This little repairman (I say "little" because he looked 12, but turned out to be 23 upon interrogation -- goes to show age doesn't mean squat) came by the house today and pointed at the pic of Bono on Rolling Stone, which happens to be on the refrigerator, and he said, "I wanna look like that when I grow up!" Bless. I wish he could, but, alas, there's only one Bono. :wink:

Bono Mot said:
In the above Pop Bono picture, I would really, really like to know what he has in his shirt pocket!
it looks like one of those metalish boxes to keep your cigars in to me.... bad bono, bad bad bad boy! :shame:

Oh that is too cute what the wee repairman said!!! Now there's a boy worth catching for some young lady out there! :)

And Bono in green..... my weakness.... that pic is amazing.. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom