Look what I got!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
I got this in my mail yesterday. At first I thought it was junk, then maybe serious and a joke! Someone I know well must have done this but I can't find out who. Probably a U2 friend.... Cat?
Anyway, here it is. The headline of the mail was U2 news, and this is what was in it.

******************************************'

Saturday, January 19, 2002
Music News

U2 Let Down By Fan
Late friday night in a guarded building just outside the Staples Center in Los Angeles, U2 threw an after-show party. The guest of honor, however, didn't show up. One of their biggest fans, Sara Einarsson had been invited to stay with U2 after the show. "We had mailed an invitaion and plane tickets to Sara after learning from a friend of theirs how much of a fan they were." Said a spokesman for U2. "But after Sara failed to show up at the airport, numerous attempts were made at contacting Sara by phone, but we never got through." U2 feels that such a missed opportunity is a sad one, especially since Sara was such a big fan. Maybe Sara's luck will change in the future, though. But it is highly doubtful, seeing as how this in many respects, was a once in a lifetime experience.

Geez, Miss Zoo- it's one thing to be fashionably late, but not to show at all? <shaking head in disgust>
Next time can I come too? :)

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Geez, Miss Zoo- it's one thing to be fashionably late, but not to show at all? <shaking head in disgust>
Next time can I come too? :)

LOL You know, it was a personal invitation, I have to check with the guys.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom