Is Bono A Happy Person?! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2004, 11:27 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:52 AM
Is Bono A Happy Person?!

In the Oprah he said "I not one of the happiest people you know." I know that, that's fine, but he rarely smiles. I love how he is so humble about his rock n' roll fame. I know he's not perfect, I am just curious.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:52 PM
I don't think Bono is unhappy. Even if he is realistic about the world around him and the fact that despite everything he can't change it completely, he has to know how blessed he is. He has a wonderful wife, four beautiful children, and not to mention one of the coolest jobs in the world. (Referring, of course, to his REAL job.)

Old 05-02-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

You are right! I was thinking about the negitive. He's cute but I have always loved his and soul!!
Old 05-02-2004, 01:00 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 06:52 PM
some of the people that you might think have the perfect jobs and lifes in the world are not usually the happiest.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:00 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I know, but are you saying Bono isn't really happy at all?
Old 05-02-2004, 06:34 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 05:52 PM

Uh oh, how ironic! The unhappy/happy debate got the new pics thread closed, and the mod said, "feel free to start a new thread with these pics, minus this discussion" but now we have a new thread with the discussion, minus the pics
Old 05-02-2004, 07:21 AM   #7
War Child

Location: 21 Duke Street Dublin eating a gorgonzola sandwich!
I think Bono has a great life and he has even said he does!Just because he says he is not the happiest guy doesn't mean he has never been happy or is incapable of being that way!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 09:24 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Bono has said he has a great life. He's got a great marriage, great family life and great career. Knowing him, though, he's not exactly "carefree". That's just not his nature. I don't think he wants to be, though. That's what he calls "apathetic" and he's glad he's not.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:18 AM   #9
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Bono has said he has a great life.

That's right, at every single one of the Elevation shows that I went to he said he had a great life.

I would guess that means he thinks he has a great life.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:48 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

I think it's possible to have a very rich life in terms of what you surround yourself with: family, friends, house, etc, but also be melancholy about other things. If Bono wasn't such a deep feeler, we might not have his beautiful music or witness his tremendous work on behalf of Africa if he was all flowers and meadows all the time. I think he is wonderful.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:52 AM
Hi. Yeah, I believe he's not the happiest person. I don't doubt what Bono says. I can also see it on his face very evidently. But, I think everyone thinks it's life-threatening or somehow makes him fall off his pedestal, and that's not at all true. He just needs something, and he'll get it. I think he needs to find himself, really.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:29 PM   #12
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Bono is human, he has his bad days and good days, he also have his problems, and money doesn't buy happiness... But I think that an artist Bono has to show that he likes his life and his job, even thou if that's not true, otherwise, he'd have more of the media pulling his leg, and is definitly what he doesn't want..
But I guess Bono is happy, not as he wished he was, but after all I think is a bit hard for a person that have suffered many things like Bono to be totally happy, no one is totally happy, maybe you can be totally happy in a day, but not in a life...
Old 05-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:52 PM
I don't know why he would be unhappy, he's well known as a great singer, he's in one of the best and most praised bands ever, he's got a lot of money, a great lifestyle, wonderful family that supports him, worldwide respect for what he is doing in Africa and stuff plus I hear he's also not bad on the eyes for the ladies. Of course as someone said he's only a human being and he has his moments of depression and pain and probably things that haunt him like everyone else in the world. As HelloAngel said he is a deep feeler and there are a lot of bad things out there that he cares to change and that must affect his moods but still I think he is achieving a lot of goals he set for himself and that can only make him a hapier person.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:54 PM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 09:52 AM
*calmly goes back to main PLEBA page*
Old 05-02-2004, 04:07 PM   #15
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BluberryPoptart
Uh oh, how ironic! The unhappy/happy debate got the new pics thread closed, and the mod said, "feel free to start a new thread with these pics, minus this discussion" but now we have a new thread with the discussion, minus the pics
For that reason, I am closing this thread. Spin-off threads are not allowed, and this is basically the same debate that ended up getting that other thread closed. Like Sicy said...if you wanted to start a spin-off thread for the pics alone, THAT would have been allowed. Otherwise...no.

I know that this thread is civil right now, and I appreciate that, but it is still being closed.

Bonochick [at] interference.com