If you had to choose a profession besides a musician, what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Edge had this shirt on during the Walk On vid. I always wonder what his answer would be- physicist?

I'd be a writer. or a supreme high up company commander.
smile.gif

neither is out of the question yet.

volunteer work, I'd help the supressed women around the world.

that's not entirely out the question yet either.

So, what would you do?

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

I want to be a MuchMusic VJ. I think that it would be a dynamite job. I would get to talk about music all day, and I would get to travel around the world meeting really cool people, and maybe, just maybe I would get to interview U2.

Never mind all the free cd's, and concert tickets that I would get!!

They were holding auditions a little while ago, but I was going through a 'down' time and I couldn't muster up the energy to make an audition video!! Too bad, I will have to wait till next time!!

Ah yeah- I'd love to be a writer too...
One of the brilliant, controversial ones.

Or a film director/screenplay writer.
Does a record producer count as a musician? B/c dang, I'd love that.

Also like you volunteer work idea Olive! If I'd aid supressed women to! I've actually thought about this.

This is a question he got during one of his online chats on U2.com. I don't remember his answer though but I guess they are to find on U2.com. *Sara's too lazy t go there herself
wink.gif

I actually like my job (public relations) ... though I would liek to do PR in teh music industry ... perhaps for a certain rock 'n' roll band from Dublin. *HINT, HINT*

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

i just would love to do something..i really loved.."I still haven't found" what that would be....would just like to have mucho money where i can travel, stay home & enjoy the things i do know i love...

Starr

I would be what I am-a Peace Corps assistant.
smile.gif
Or an artist relations journalist and get close to all the glitz of the music biz.
wink.gif

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

September, streets capsizing, spilling over down the drain...shards of glass splinters like rain...but you could only feel your own pain... October, talking getting nowhere...November, December, remember. This will never happen again.

I bang things for a living! ~Larry

olive already knows my career of choice...but i'll throw it out to the rest of pleba so you can all laff at me...but i'm being TOTALLY SERIOUS when i say this.

i want to be a barbie groomer. i want to be the person who dresses and poses Barbie Dolls for the photographs on the boxes, the books, magazines, ads, etc...that's my dream job. can't get much better than getting paid to play with barbies all day long. haha

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

"spreadin the neck love!" - olive
"my funnest one is the ISHFWILF w/ larry on teh cover and he's all moany and hottttt" - olive
"The Fly has to be the Fly!"

[This message has been edited by opaltranquility (edited 01-16-2002).]

Originally posted by opaltranquility:
olive already knows my career of choice...but i'll throw it out to the rest of pleba so you can all laff at me...but i'm being TOTALLY SERIOUS when i say this.

i want to be a barbie groomer. i want to be the person who dresses and poses Barbie Dolls for the photographs on the boxes, the books, magazines, ads, etc...that's my dream job. can't get much better than getting paid to play with barbies all day long. haha

I love it!! Now that's an original idea
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

O...well I'm gonna be Bruce Springsteen when I grow up
biggrin.gif
Can't help ya.

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

PLEBA: Saving heterosexuality, one woman at a time.

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

You give your life for rock n' roll

there are many dream jobs that i would love to have. I would say that my top two would be as follows:

1. Work for a major record label to help bring in new talent

Have a travel channel job. I would love to be able to travel all over the world and report on the best places to visit and stay.
    [/list=a]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-16-2002).]

My dream job?
Well, I would love to be an advocate like Bono is for so many organizations. I would like to be the Secretary-General of the UN. I would like to be the president of the US, seriously...it's about time a liberal woman was president!

Scottie Too Hottie Boomba Lottie you're too funny...I don't know where I remembered that nickname from
smile.gif

Originally posted by Scottphisto:
Well, I've always wanted to be a gopher.

Seriously, I'm actually intending on being a filmmaker. I will start school this fall (hopefully) and then (again, hopefully) transfer to a either UCLA or USC to continue my education.
Who knows? Maybe someday there will be a Macphisto Society: THE MOVIE!!!!

You all will get free tickets and behind the scenes passes. And free Jello cups.

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I really have no marketable skills at this point...I work at a laundry/dry cleansers over the summer...except I could be the costume woman for Scottphisto's films, if he needs one. I did that for a play at school once, it was sorta fun. *hands out leiderhosen to VonTrapp children*
smile.gif

My dream job would be a music journalist for Rolling Stone or Q, who would get to go on tour with the bands...

smile.gif

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

ehm...i am still in school, change of career kinda stuff, but if i could afford (time, energy,$$$) to do it...i'd have to say a 'Diplomat' or UN rep. Back when Madeline Albright was our Sec of State, I always admired her vigor and tenacity, especially in dealing with nations who don't really recognize women as valuable to their society...sorry to ramble...I guess I would want to follow in her footsteps! I think she is really cool!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
ehm...i am still in school, change of career kinda stuff, but if i could afford (time, energy,$$$) to do it...i'd have to say a 'Diplomat' or UN rep. Back when Madeline Albright was our Sec of State, I always admired her vigor and tenacity, especially in dealing with nations who don't really recognize women as valuable to their society...sorry to ramble...I guess I would want to follow in her footsteps! I think she is really cool!

EXACTLY!!!!! I was just watching a speech she made at the end of last year about women and herself in society...she's writing a book that will be coming out in about a year or so! (I think). What an awesome woman!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Absolutely something in the music field... most likely photography. Would be excellent for U2, but would like to do all bands/acts as well. Plus Lady LEmon's idea was perfect - I would love to do that. I literally get jealous everytime I watch Almost Famous. Can someone PLEASE tell me why I became a nurse? I think my parents drilled the idea into my head when I was younger or something... I dont ever really remember wanting to be one!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Well, I've always wanted to be a gopher.

Seriously, I'm actually intending on being a filmmaker. I will start school this fall (hopefully) and then (again, hopefully) transfer to a either UCLA or USC to continue my education.
Who knows? Maybe someday there will be a Macphisto Society: THE MOVIE!!!!

You all will get free tickets and behind the scenes passes. And free Jello cups.

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

Jello Lord

Scottphisto vending machines. Now everywhere inside the famous PLEBA Mansion, fullfilling all your Scottphisto needs!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

Originally posted by Ana:
I'd be U2's official photographer. No kidding!
smile.gif

That truely would be the best job ever!!!! I can't think of of better one! Well, maybe a photographer for National Geographic...

------------------
*sending out good vibes for the Grammys*

Yaa..ee..ya!
Yaa..now..
Slow brother...
It's all for you...
Sugar.. mm..mm..mmm..
-Before "Stuck" -Letterman 10/29/2001

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 01-16-2002).]

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
i wanna be a...i think it's called a fluffer??
wink.gif

eek.gif
LOL!!!!!

I see from your user name you are a Duranie???

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt before
and Dance like no one is watching you

Hey can i be a condom tester?

biggrin.gif

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

[This message has been edited by Starr (edited 01-17-2002).]

I would love to be a biologist or a forensic anthropologist, but I don't have the math
frown.gif

I am thinking of becoming a romance novelist, and I'd love to be an ice cream tester!

Originally posted by Starr:
Hey can i be condom tester?

biggrin.gif

*is scandalized*

I suppose only if you could test them out with one or more members of U2.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I want to be a MuchMusic VJ. I think that it would be a dynamite job. I would get to talk about music all day, and I would get to travel around the world meeting really cool people, and maybe, just maybe I would get to interview U2.

Never mind all the free cd's, and concert tickets that I would get!!

They were holding auditions a little while ago, but I was going through a 'down' time and I couldn't muster up the energy to make an audition video!! Too bad, I will have to wait till next time!!

Just don't be the next Rachel Perry. I didn't like her.

I'd love the same job. We'd get into the heart w/out having to wait (a la George Strombolopolous)....but we'd have to compete w/ him for interviewing U2 rights....

Or a ballerina
Larry's shirt buttoner
Bono's masseuse

peditrician

Seeing as how the first few are the least possible, I'll compete for the latter

I'm a teacher by profession, but if I could do anything I wanted in my life and get paid for it, it would be these things:

*Writer
*Marine Biologist/Oceanographer
*Archaelogist
*USGS Geologist
*Photographer
*Historian

I think that about covers it... I'm probably forgetting stuff, but that's OK.
biggrin.gif

Sadly, I'm horrible at science, so I'm not sure if any of the middle ones will ever come about - but I can sure as heck try.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them, as if this wasn't enough?"

"Something they can take home with them? I'm not taking off my clothes!"
~Larry, Much Music Interview
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas
Hit Gurl

Back
Top Bottom