I was wondering something 'bout Bono... er...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariana

The Fly
I was looking at the pics from the thread "Who still loves Bono?" on the page 6, of Bono kissing a guy... and then came in my mind the pic of Bono kissing Liam.. And also came.. all that dumb talk of Bono being gay.. well, being gay I'm totally sure our sexy Bono is not.. but I was thinking that.. er.. maybe.. Bono is.. er.. bisexual?:|
What do you think?

I don't think.

I just think Bono acts silly sometimes, but he's not really bi. Not that it makes a difference in the way we love him, :sexywink:

hmm.. I think he actually might be a bit.. not entirely.. but a bit. He strucks me as open minded enough to appreciate a fine male figure, without being affraid to lose his "maleness" as most guys seem :)

:scream: though it still doesn't explain why he picked that awefull Galleger (sp?) guy to kiss :der:
next time I suggest David Bowie or whoever :sexywink:

Last edited:
Bono kissed Liam cos it was a dare i think... there's a quote somewhere, but i'm too lazy to find it...

As for whether Bono's bisexual or not - I think he just likes to play it up for the cameras. :wink: This is just my opinion of course. :)

Last edited:
I don't think he's bi--not that I give a damn if he is--I just think he's affectionate and likes to clown around for the cameras. He's not exactly reserved. :lol: :lol:

He's Bono. Simple as that. Bono likes to like Soulnation said, play it for the cameras. I doubt it all.

I wouldn't mind it at all. I still think that he has a secret affair with Larry. :evil:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I agree with verte. I think he's just a touchy feely kind of guy.

Yep, he'll hug anything, whether it wants to be hugged or not. Also, he's very open minded, and isn't afraid of women or gay people. Whether he's bi or not is his own buisness, personally I think everyone is a little bi, but he's definitely no David Bowie when it comes to sexuality.

Okay, this is just my opinon, but I think it was just a "phase" he was going through. No, not bisexuality, but during the Pop times he said and did some things he wouldn't have done before or since. He seemed (to me) to be trying so hard to be different that he was going out of his way to destroy his previous rep, his image and the way people thought of him. To be honest, I wasn't pleased at all, since I had loved him deeply for all that he was, and he had become, so, well, different. So this was just one of those actions he thought was cool at the time, but would likely feel different about today. He pecked Bowie on the cheek last year, but that was just cutesy, not this exaggerated tongue crap. Personally, IMHO, I think the pick is disgusting, but again I wouldn't want to see anybody, gay, straight, or bi, do that in an up close pic either. Yeah, I think they were joking and going for shock value, nothing more. Bono and Liam are both very heterosexual. (not that it matters if they weren't of course!)

BTW, Bowie is straight, too. He admitted a couple years back that he was never really bi, he was only acting like it to shock people and get attention. It was part of his act. He said yes he did experiment but didn't like it and he is very straight and wants women exclusively. (not that it would make any difference if he were bi, just setting the record 'straight';) )

Bono and Liam are now just good friends, as you can see here. :cute:

Attachments

• bonoliamawards_l.jpg
    bonoliamawards_l.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
I don't think Bono would be interested in sex with a man. I remember an interview waaaay back in like '83 when he said that because of the album cover on Boy some thought they were gay. He said he thought that was funny since he's the most heterosexual guy he knows and he doesn't like the "campy" gay stuff. Yes, I specifically remember the word "campy". I think I can dig this article out from somewhere. Anyway, I think he lightened up about it as he matured etc... I think he's in touch with his femme side, and not afraid to show it. But, not gay or bi.

I can't see the pic LOL :(
Somebody really gentle please send it to me..
mary_mullen@terra.com.br

Well, I was just wondering, because I was in the msn talking with a BonoCrazy and she said she thought the same sometimes...
I was just wondering if you guys thought the same...
But, Bono is really that out going guy, you know, and he likes to joke and pull people's leg a lot, so maybe is just a joke...
And as some have said, if he is or not, is not our business...
:)
I love him anyway!!!

Hmm, I don't care if he is bi or not. He likes experimenting, so do lots of people. :sexywink:

:kiss:

I think sometimes toooo *hides in the back *
hey he is married with Ali an dlike someone said before I think he did it just for fun and it all happend during pop where he was kind weird so
I don't care

U2Kitten said:
Okay, this is just my opinon, but I think it was just a "phase" he was going through. No, not bisexuality, but during the Pop times he said and did some things he wouldn't have done before or since. He seemed (to me) to be trying so hard to be different that he was going out of his way to destroy his previous rep, his image and the way people thought of him. To be honest, I wasn't pleased at all, since I had loved him deeply for all that he was, and he had become, so, well, different. So this was just one of those actions he thought was cool at the time, but would likely feel different about today. He pecked Bowie on the cheek last year, but that was just cutesy, not this exaggerated tongue crap. Personally, IMHO, I think the pick is disgusting, but again I wouldn't want to see anybody, gay, straight, or bi, do that in an up close pic either. Yeah, I think they were joking and going for shock value, nothing more. Bono and Liam are both very heterosexual. (not that it matters if they weren't of course!)

BTW, Bowie is straight, too. He admitted a couple years back that he was never really bi, he was only acting like it to shock people and get attention. It was part of his act. He said yes he did experiment but didn't like it and he is very straight and wants women exclusively. (not that it would make any difference if he were bi, just setting the record 'straight';) )

Bono and Liam are now just good friends, as you can see here. :cute:

hmmm .. convinced :happy: sounds reasonable and all
that probably nails it down to the point :)

There are lots of photos of Bono hugging and kissing women too. If hugging/kissing guys means that he must be interested in them in a bi way, then doesn't doing the same with women mean that he's cheating on Ali???

I've thought about him cheating on Ali a long time ago lol
But.. if she's ok about him being with other girls.. Guess it's her problem.. lol.. I mean.. I wouldn't like my husband traveling around, being with other women you know.. I think Ali accepts it...
So it's not more about Bono, it's more about Ali's idea I think

U2Kitten said:
No, not bisexuality, but during the Pop times he said and did some things he wouldn't have done before or since.
Okay, tell me more, what did he do or say? :der:

Gosh people get a grip! Just because you kiss someone doesn't mean you are in a sexual relationship with them!

For some people, kissing is like saying hello. ;) Bono says Hello to lots of people, but it is Ali that he loves. :love:

Bono is just very comfortable with himself. He's also a very sensual person, and very in touch with his "feminine" side (as cliched as that sounds)--- we know this is true or else he'd Never be able to write the sort of music he does. And he does stuff to get a reaction (ahem Liam), and he gentle/touches cuz he IS gentle and touching is one of the intimate quality he possesses. oh well my brain's not with it but--

this thread makes me :lol:

Yeah, lol. Don't worry about it...let it goooo...;)

We love Bono. Bono loves Ali. That's all that matters:)

Back
Top Bottom