I Need A Hug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mistyrose

War Child
Hey all...

I just posted this cuz I am feeling really blue. First this whole week has been depressing, feeling soo sad about Bono and the Hewson family.
frown.gif

And then, a couple of hours ago, I went to fan forum and was on the music forum when I read a thread about Aaliyah being killed in a plane accident. I seriously thought it was a hoax, ala the justin/britney scam from a month ago or so, but it's not.
frown.gif

For those that don't know yet, I'm afraid to be the bearer of bad news that R&B singer/actress Aaliyah was killed, along with (I believe) 7 others in a plane crash near the Bahamas. SHe had been there to film her latest video. SO sad.
frown.gif

I always liked her music and she seemed like a good role model. Not too skanky like some singers of her age. Talented. And it's just sad and tragic of course and she was soo young. I believe only 22 and I just turned 23 a week ago! My age.
frown.gif

I read about this on Yahoo news, excite news and it's been confirmed on CNN, MTV, MSNBC and Fox News...so it's no hoax.

Anyhow, I wasn't a huge fan, but it's just sad. I pray that the good Lord watches over the victims' families and can comfort them as well as continue to do so for the Hewson family.

Ugh...

On Monday, I start my new job as an editor and this is my first "professional" job, and I'm really nervous about it, so I hope you can keep me in your thoughts.

Take care all and I'm sorry to be a downer and I hope it was all right that I posted this in this forum.

Anyone care to share some happy stories or pics with me, cuz it would be nice to go to bed thinking happy thoughts, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I need to be in bed; it's already almost 2:30 AM!

tania

------------------
I can't even say the word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

I still can believe Aaliyah died. I wasn't a huge fan either, its just so sad! She was so young had a bright future ahead.. I dunno just so sad...

*HUGS*

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Blue hugs Misty, swings her around, buys her lunch, gives her a manicure (not that she needs it), bedazzles some pants for her, rents her favorite movie, and blows up several balloon animals for her hunting pleasure.
Aww, misty, it has been a rough week for ya!
Cheer up, I'm sure next week will be better girl!
-bluey of doom

Aaliyah was 22, according to Yahoo!. I've heard several of her songs, and I thought they were very good. She was beautiful and talented.

((((mistyrose))))

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

OMG. I felt that thing about Aaliah in my stomach. I wasn't a fan either but I've heard of her and she was young. OMG. That is freakish. Now I feel sick. *big PLEBA hug* OMG. I can't believe it.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

That is really freakish and very sad... Tania, you're in my prayers and thoughts.

(((((big hug)))))
smile.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

*huge, big, enormous, unbelievably gigantic hug for Mistyrose*

Keep... your head up... 'coz a new day's gonna come...

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

[This message has been edited by Sunrazor (edited 08-26-2001).]

I don't often come in here, intimidation scares me!!!! but I understand where your coming from misty...its been a pretty dark week all round but hopefully things will become lighter and I'm sure you will feel better soon...heres a *hug* from me and you can keep yourself occupied by telling Larry to wake up!!!

U2_010.jpg

------------------
I am Colorblind,
coffee black and egg white, Pull me out from inside, I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 08-26-2001).]

Big hug to everyone!
I was also surprised when I found out about her death. I am not very familiar with her music, but she was so young. This has been one tragic week.

Good luck with your new job mistyrose...you will be a great editor!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument, you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident".--Adam

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Wake up Dead Man! There, how's that, Acrob@T? LOL, poor Larry was tired.
frown.gif

Everyone, I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the kindness and compassion you have expressed to me!
smile.gif
It means soo much.

I do feel better. It's just, last week was a sad week to begin with and then what a way to end with news of Aaliyah!
frown.gif
And it didn't help matters that it was late, and I was suffering from insomnia (hope that clears up!).

Ack. I surely hope that this week will be a better one, in fact I am gonna stay positive.
smile.gif
Just keep thinking Tania, you will be earning money again. LOL, I quit my last job at the end of May (my last day was the day before I saw U2 in concert) and it's been rough with lack of funds. But this job is a *real* one, sorry Fashion Bug!
wink.gif

Hehe. And I can always think happy Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam thoughts when I'm feeling low.

Thanks again to everyone for the hugs, cheers, etc.
smile.gif
And Bluey, I *can't wait* to be bedazzled! And manicures are always nice. LOL, but ooh, can't wait to hunt those blow up balloon animals!

(((((hugs to all))))

tania

------------------
I can't even say the word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

whatta pretty pic! If Adam slipped into a giant puddle of cranberry juice, they wouldn't be able to find him!

P.S. Larry's thinkin about meeee
P.P.S. Bono's givin me the evil eye cause Larry's thinkin about meeee

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

(((hugs to mistyrose)))
(((hugs to aaliyah's family)))

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

((((HUGS TO EVERYONE))))
Maybe some big smiles from Bono and the Edge will cheer you up (and good luck with your new job, mistyrose!):
%3B%3C%3A%3B%3A4432323%7Ego45%3Enu%3D3234%3E96%3A%3E366%3EWSNRCG%3D323235%3A6%3C552%3Anu0mrj

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 08-27-2001).]

Hey
smile.gif
I was a bit late on all the hugging. But I'm very very glad you are feeling better. I was pretty shocked over Aaliyah's death too...
I hope your job goes great! good luck!!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom