how often does he go back to africa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
how often does bono make trips back to africa? it seems the last time he was there was years ago

may 25 2002.. he went with paull O' Neil, Chris tucker and two students to africa, wich is documented by MTV Diary... :) they were there for 5 or 6 days if I"m right..

He was in Ghana, South Africa, Uganda and Ethiopia from May 21 to May 30, 2002, I think.

Bono and Edge performed at the 46664 Mandela AIDS South African Benefit Show in Cape Town, November 29, 2003.

I don’t know if he ever went back to Africa unofficially.

he is also setting up factories of eden in tanzania, and that is where i am from, and that is where i go back to this summer!!!!!!!! :hyper:

:hmm: wondering if he will go to see how the work is coming along there...

What year was it when he was there with Beyonce?

Hi Babydoll :wink:

The thing with Beyonce was also the 46664 thing.

beyonce603.jpg

Thanks Souly:wink:

That dress looks very like the one Marilyn wore in The seven year itch :ohmy:

Babydoll said:
he is also setting up factories of eden in tanzania, and that is where i am from, and that is where i go back to this summer!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Did you mean Edun, Ali's clothing line? Just wondering . . . I don't know much about fashion stuff. :reject:

How did you end up in Minnesota, Babydoll?

MsPurrl said:

Did you mean Edun, Ali's clothing line? Just wondering . . . I don't know much about fashion stuff. :reject:

How did you end up in Minnesota, Babydoll?

I understand she checks up on the factories from time to time. She seems to slip in and out of the country without much fanfare.

yes, edun, ali's clothing line.

i go to college here, as a lot of my friends and cousins applied to colleges and unis here. after applying to places in 6 states, almost of us ended up in mn, the icebox of the nation. :lol:

Babydoll said:
yes, edun, ali's clothing line.

i go to college here, as a lot of my friends and cousins applied to colleges and unis here. after applying to places in 6 states, almost of us ended up in mn, the icebox of the nation. :lol:

That's great! I understand what you mean about the icebox of the nation--Indiana isn't much better. :up:

if he ever goes to tanzania this summer while im there, ill move heaven and hell to get to meet him!!! *clenches teeth*
:)

The 46664 concert took place in South Africa in Nov. 2003.

Both Edge and Bono were there.

Something to ponder: just because we are not informed of Bono's every movement does not mean that he hasn't been back to Africa since 2003.

I think that it would be unwise for anyone to say "Yes" or "No" about this topic for sure. :ohmy:

Jamila said:
The 46664 concert took place in South Africa in Nov. 2003.

Both Edge and Bono were there.

Something to ponder: just because we are not informed of Bono's every movement does not mean that he hasn't been back to Africa since 2003.

I think that it would be unwise for anyone to say "Yes" or "No" about this topic for sure. :ohmy:

I'm sorry, did I miss something?

Babydoll, can you take me back with you? :D I still need to see Dar and Zanzibar! :scream:

I think the last time we can say for sure Bono was in Africa was the Mandella gig. He may have gone under the radar or something, but in the most recent interviews, he's talked about the 2003 trip so I'd assume he hasn't been back since then. However, wasn't Ali in Ethiopia more recently than that for Edun? Maybe Bono was with her...

Well, it's understandable if he hasn't been back since 46664, he has been kinda of busy finishing an album, promoting an album, touring an album... :) Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a trip in this year, now that he's off the road for awhile.

Pop Artist said:
Well, it's understandable if he hasn't been back since 46664, he has been kinda of busy finishing an album, promoting an album, touring an album... :)

Exactly. No one was trying to imply that it's bad that he hasn't gone back since then. :huh:

Going to Africa as a non-citizen isn't like travelling Europe our touring in the States. For example, setting aside whole deal of getting vias and appropriate travel arrangements, when I went, we had to have all these shots and immunizations at exactly the right times and if we couldn't prove it, we would not be let into the country. Good thing I wasn't busy like Bono when our shots started b/c one gave me Yellow Fever :|

sure, livluv.. hop on! :) i can't believe you haven't seen dar yet?? its so much better than all the other cities :) i do wonder if bono will go there at all this year... if he does... :hyper: :hyper:

<-----biased!

Babydoll said:
sure, livluv.. hop on! :) i can't believe you haven't seen dar yet?? its so much better than all the other cities :) i do wonder if bono will go there at all this year... if he does... :hyper: :hyper:

<-----biased!

When I made my honeymoon wish-list, Dar/Zanzibar was on the A-Girl-Can-Dream-Right? section of the list! We're using my uncle's leftover timeshare points for a honeymoon and I doubt they have a place in Dar :(

:(

dar actually does have a lot of honeymooners/vactioners/tourists come over A LOT! u should tell him its a wonderful place... i wonder if bono has actually been to tanzania? :hmm:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
. However, wasn't Ali in Ethiopia more recently than that for Edun? Maybe Bono was with her...

That's kind of what I was thinking. It's possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom