houston, we have a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jam Jar

New Yorker
In the middle of the Pine Barrens with the Jersey
i know this is stupid, juvenile, childish, even. but i don't know what else to do. lots of things in my life have been really, really bad. the small things even have impact-people i know have rejected me for some odd reason, teachers are starting to mimick me and make fun of me, and not in a friendly way. just today i was told by my friend that she took 7 or 8 tylenol or whichever drug it was -on purpose- and was depressed that she woke up. now i am afraid for her, and she won't listen to me. I?ve just about passed out a few times, but of course, no one was there to help. and many more things have happened, like i said, this must sound idiotic, and shouldn't belong here, but i have no where else to go. i have tried the communication thing between two people, but it doesn't help much, since those people don't feel willing to help. moderators, you can yell at me and close this thread, go ahead, i'm not stopping you, but i figured maybe someone would listen to me for once. I know you can make me feel better.

smileyhug.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Abel that has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

Jam-jar I don't know you very well, but I am willing to be a listening ear! Feel free to email me if you want to talk! I can't promise I will have the answers, but I am willing to try and help you through this!

((((((((((Jam)))))))))))

Fishy <><

------------------
Mac-SHIBBY

The Macphisto Society
Join us for a Martini won't you?

I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Do you have anyone to talk to for yourself? I would suggest getting some counselling, and if you need to, some medication. But the important thing is that you talk to someone. Everyone has bad days, but if you find you have more sad days than happy ones, it may be time to talk to someone who can help you.

From someone who has suffered from depression, I would suggest that this person get counselling IMMEDIATLEY. Your friend is very lucky to have such a concerned and caring friend like you. Take care, and I hope things work out. Remember, you have friends here who you can always talk to.

Take care sweetie

[This message has been edited by the_fly2002 (edited 05-20-2002).]

((((((jam jar)))))))

I really don't know what to say to you .....

I know you are going through a rough time right now, but stay strong, "this too will pass"

Like Fishy said, if there is anything you need, I'm on AIM

smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Jam Jar - i too have suffered from deep bouts of depression. i also have been in the same situation you are in now. i know how it is to be worried about a friend who is doing something toxic like that....and sometimes, there isn't anything you can do. you can talk, you can fight, you can yell, you can worry, you can cry...but sometimes, none of it works and then you have to say to yourself that you've done all you can. don't beat yourself up about it. you have done your best.

the best thing for you to do right now, is consider talking to someone...a counselor or whomever. depression isn't a light matter....and you will feel much better if you do something about it now.

hang in there and feel free to email me if you want to talk.

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

you said... maybe... said I want to have your baby...BABY
we could make something beautiful
something that wouldn't be a problem
at least not in... miami

I can't change the world,
But I can change the world in me.
I REJOICE!!

jam, the best thing you can do for your friend is be there if SHE needs you. let her know this whenever you can, but don't push help at her, because only she can make the decision to get help. the best thing you can do for yourself is find someone to talk to, with whom you can relate. feel free to im me on aim, or email me if you want to. good luck, and stay well! *hugs*

always here to talk. laura.

aim = u2babyface 9
email = u2babyface9@yahoo.com

Jam Jar,

I strongly encourage you to speak with someone about this. I am not sure if you are in high school or in college but there are guidance counsellors who are Trained for these situations and people who really can and will listen. I know how frustrating and scary this all may seem. Please tell a professional about your friend as well, so they can get her help and you can stay friends with her for a long time.

You don't have to do this on your own. There is a wide world waiting for you and I want you to have those opportunities and your friend!
smile.gif
best of luck, we are all here for you!

Jam Jar, I know. I know where you are with the whole "omigodicannottakeanymoreofthisorimgonnatotallyexplode!!!" thing. It landed me in the hospital. Twice. Like, a week ago, it became too much and I started crying my eyes out and shaking and thinking about the time i was wasting doing such silly things. next thing i knew is was in a slightly undersized wheelchair going to a slightly undersized bed at children's hospital downtown. it was a nice break from everything. the first time i was there they wouldn't even LET me study. anyhow, i digress.

about your friend. i've never been on your side. all i can tell you is her telling you that is a HUGE step and you need to act on it accordingly. TELL SOMEONE, because the step to reach out and tell someone is a big one that she took and it's your turn to go with it. if anything, talk to her about it, let her know how much you value her.

a good friend once told me that taking care of myself should be my number one priority. try it, it's good times.

------------------
Anticipation is a liar.

No daisy, this does not mean I'm back.

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 05-20-2002).]

Aw Jam Jar, my recent days have been fairly bad. And it's a fair amount of work to think of the good things.... But it's worth it. I am really sorry about your friend, you should report that to someone... I hope you feel better soon. It's not stupid. You obviously already have people to talk to.
wink.gif
But my email is in my profile anyway. ((Jam Jar))

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Hang in there Jam Jar. I think you should talk about it with someone who might be able to tell you what to do about your friend. Does she have any family or other friends that you can share this with? Or better still, try and get your friend to talk to some professional about it. You'll then be able to focus more on yourself. You should go see a doctor about you passing out, that's not healthy. Take care of yourself 'kay? Don't feel bad about talking about it, many of us have been through some similar stuff...(((jam jar))))

Oh Kiran, you know I am here for you if you ever need to talk. ((Kiran)) You know where to reach me. Please don't heistate to email me or IM me, I wanna talk to you. Take care please (((Kiran)))

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

Dumb Brother: That bassline sucks.
Dana: *goes off on wild tangent*

thank you very much, everyone. i am doing wee bit better, and i am sure i will gte better somehow. though the whole thing about my friend, i am not sure. she was not at school today, but people have been telling me all day that this isn't the first time it has happened. i know she is sensible; she'll pull through. byt the way, i found this concept: life is like a rose, it's beautiful, but it doesn't last forever, but you always remember it for how pretty and sweet it was. sounds right to me- whattabout you?

Back
Top Bottom