Guess what I found!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkys girl

Refugee
I did not even know it was still available.....I just bought a video called U2 The Joshua Tree, I am watching it right now, it has alot of behind the scenes stuff with the band in the studio.
Edge is talking about his fave guitar part on WOWY....he is so excited talking about the music and strumming on his guitar.

This is so neat! Has anyone else seen this??? I never knew this tape was around!

------------------
You wanker, you interrupted my BOOMCHA!!!! - Maria

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Is that the Classic albums-"Making of the JT" with them in a studio circa 1998, Edge in his big straw hat? They have Eno and Lanois? They show lots of old footage of the boys hitchiking and Bono driving a pickup truck with Larry in teh back in the desert in the JT days? Is that it? If there's another one I wanna find it!

------------------
~some days are better than others~

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-18-2001).]

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
Is that the Classic albums-"Making of the JT" with them in a studio circa 1998, Edge in his big straw hat? They have Eno and Lanois? They show lots of old footage of the boys hitchiking and Bono driving a pickup truck with Larry in teh back in the desert in the JT days? Is that it? If there's another one I wanna find it!

yeah that is the one. I am still watching it, it has some great footage..THey are singing in Spanish...some footage from Chile in 97 how sweet!
I was surprised, I did not know about this tape, I wonder why it is not listed with other U2 tapes, at least I had not come across it.
smile.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

I found mine at Best Buy several months ago. I was SO disappointed when they started showing the old JT footage and playing In God's Country, then they went back to the studio footage. I wanted to see a video of IGC so bad!
frown.gif

------------------
~some days are better than others~

I bought a Japanese version in August of 2000! Spent way too much money on it, but I couldn't find it in the states.

NOW it is at CDNOW for less than 15 dollars. aaaahhhh

I should have been patient.

smile.gif

i feel like such a dummie, i honestly had never heard of it! Doh!
tongue.gif

you know watching this.....they are all so excited and intense when the talk about making the music. it sounds like chinese to me, Adam talking about doing a 6 to 8 and switching to a 4 to 4. I am thinking Wah!!
anyway, it is a wonderful new perspective for me.
smile.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Is that the video where Adam (and his adorable little bleached blonde head) is talking about Anton Cjorbin and he says they kept telling him to say "Joshua Tree" because he would say it "Yoshua Tree"?
biggrin.gif

So cute....too bad they only interview Mr. Snarly once. (Or were ALLOWED to, lol)

yeah that is the one, i love the bleach bl ond look on him! OMG...it sounds like i was the only one who did not do her homework!
frown.gif

i was the only one who did not know about this tape!
eek.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

SPARKYGIRL, where have you been???
biggrin.gif

OMG, that is one AWESOME VIDEO!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

EDGE CLOSEUPS!! EDGE CLOSEUPS!!! And I'm talking CLOSE, girls, like you can see his pores, that adorable little mole next to his left nostril, each individual mustache hair...every eyelash...did I say *close*???

And hearing him talk so sweetly about playing the guitar on WOWY...and he's just so DARN articulate, I would love an entire interview just listening to him TALK!!

I also love Bono and Danny talking about the album, and I became FASCINATED with sound mixing boards after seeing that video! But I love the part where Danny pretty much tells Bono (sweetly of course) to just shut up and listen: "I know you want to talk but let's just listen for a minute..." while Bono looks uncomfortable...love that!

I hopeandprayhopeandpray that they come out with a ATYCLB video, and I mean a MAKING OF video, not just another concert shoot (that's also good, but...I like to hear them talk)

Disco...I like to watch. And listen.
smile.gif

That is an awesome video! I love the part where everyone particularly Adam is talking about the recording of 'WTSHNN' and he says something along the line of "we thought that was just Edge's way of fucking the band up" LOL!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Originally posted by Discoteque:
SPARKYGIRL, where have you been???
biggrin.gif

I guess hiding out in Adam's closet was not the best way to educate myself on the ways of U2!
biggrin.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by Discoteque:
EDGE CLOSEUPS!! EDGE CLOSEUPS!!! And I'm talking CLOSE, girls, like you can see his pores, that adorable little mole next to his left nostril, each individual mustache hair...every eyelash...did I say *close*???

And hearing him talk so sweetly about playing the guitar on WOWY...and he's just so DARN articulate, I would love an entire interview just listening to him TALK!!

I also love Bono and Danny talking about the album, and I became FASCINATED with sound mixing boards after seeing that video! But I love the part where Danny pretty much tells Bono (sweetly of course) to just shut up and listen: "I know you want to talk but let's just listen for a minute..." while Bono looks uncomfortable...love that!

Yeah, those were some of my favorite parts too. You can see the excitement on Edgie's face when he is talking about his music! You can tell he loves what he does.

I also noticed Bono looked 'uncomfortable' when Lanois told him to hush and listen! Betcha' ppl don't do that everyday!!
biggrin.gif
Bono is such a sweetie, he took it in stride!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

I love that video. I love the bit where he says "Bonos guitar" and Bono looks all cute and goes "that's the first time anyone said that".
smile.gif

Edge in the straw hat is also very nice.

Back
Top Bottom