Fav albums - they come and go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
I couldn?t decide on a fav U2 even if my live would depend on it. I go through phases, where I listen to one album over and over again.

For the last couple of weeks it was UF, but since yesterday there is only Zooropa on my cd player. Poor October is at the bottom of my U2 pile.

What about you?

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

AM-thanks for this thread to distract me today-cause it certainly doesn't feel appropriate to be 'drooling' or stuff like that.

My all time fave has to be Joshua Tree-IMO an absolute masterpiece of an album.

YES! I can't decide between UF, AB, JT, or ATYCLB! Then, I feel bad leaving out War, because that used to be my favorite. I go through phases too, but I love them so much it's hard to pick one. Maybe we should just say U2 is our favorite and leave it at that!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

But don?t you just listen to ONE album at a time and listen to it over and over again and then after a while you just feel like you need to listen to another album over and over again ???

That?s what I do. I finally managed to get my Gorillaz cd out of my cd player. Took me about 3 weeks
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
For me it's Rattle and Hum, and Joshua Tree is playing as I type this... "I'm hangin' on! You're all that's left to hold on to!" Amen, Bono baby!

AAHH, I LOVE that part of the song! I just love his voice, especially when he sings that part. MMMMMM!!!!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by AM:
But don?t you just listen to ONE album at a time and listen to it over and over again and then after a while you just feel like you need to listen to another album over and over again ???

That?s what I do. I finally managed to get my Gorillaz cd out of my cd player. Took me about 3 weeks
biggrin.gif

I know just what you mean AM. Not just U2 CD's.

Right now, I can't stop listening to REM-Reveal. AAHH-I just think its so beautiful.

Just like Bono, Michael Stipe has such a way w/words!!

Apart from one or two albums that I don't listen to much, I love them all and go through the phases. I was on a total October phase recently that lasted ages. Now I'm on to Pop.
By the way Reveal rocks too!

*gasp* How DO you decide? Personally I don't really like Boy Oct and War too much (sorry!) My fav of those three would have to be Oct.

It kinda depends on my mood. When I listen to UF it's usually at night. JT I listen to mostly when doing hw. ATYCLB is good for anytime. I went in to Zooropa and Pop thinking 'this'll be weird and BAD!' bc that's all the reviews said. But they weren't that bad! I looooooove Babyface.

What was the question? O I can't pick a fav. Either Achtung Baby or JTree.

PS That 'hanging on' part -- love it love it!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

Hmmm... this would be like having to pick your favorite kid... but I would say Achtung Baby.

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

They're all so good for so many different reasons that it's almost impossible to decide...I'd have to say either the Joshua Tree (for its amazing lyrics) or Pop (for its musical genius)

[This message has been edited by SweetPea (edited 09-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by SweetPea (edited 09-14-2001).]

Hands down Achtung Baby.

But the others I listen to just as much are Pop, Zooropa, War, Joshua Tree, and ATYCLB.

The UF is an album that I've had the hardest time getting into. I think it's the only one that I usually don't listen to all the way...I don't know why. Maybe I should try some bonding with it this weekend.

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 09-15-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom