Bright End of Nowhere pt 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
sorry it took so long for me to get this part up, mid terms were this week so i've had so many test and assignments that i haven't had any time to write.

disclaimer: a figment of my over tired imagination.

The tension that the fight had created was palpable throughout the entire U2 camp fro the next few days. James continued to make snide comments under his breath to others while Vik did her best to ignore him. In order to discredit the rumours Vik spent as much time as possible away from Edge preferring simply exchanging smiles when he came in for sound check to conversation.

However, in Edge’s mind it was not a good way to start a relationship by having to avoid each other, though he suspected that Vik was dealing with it better then he was.

On the other hand, Vik kept her head down everyday and ignored all the snide comments from James as well as the suspicious looks from the other crewmembers. Finally after a couple of weeks everyone got bored and their attention started to shift onto other things. Slowly Vik started to breath easier and go back to enjoying her work though the question of how long she should wait before she actually started seeing Edge was always hovering at the back of her mind.

Edge walked out after one sound check wondering how long it would be before he could talk to Vik again without raising suspicion. Much to his surprise Aislinn was waiting for him in the parking lot.

“What do you want?” he asked warily.

“I just wanted to talk to you.”

Edge eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Look, if you’ve brought the divorce papers I’ll sign then now, since that’s what you’re here for. After all there’s really no point in pretending otherwise.”

“That’s not why I’m here,” she replied biting her lip.

“I find that hard to believe.”

“You’re not making this easy.”

‘Why should I?’ was the first thought that came to mind but Edge bit back on it and settled for remaining silent.

She looked nervous. “I’ve been thinking about this. About what he kids will go through if we get divorced. And, well, I thought that maybe we should give it another try before we do that to them.”

That was the last thing Edge had been expecting her to say, and he didn’t know quite how to reply to it.

“I know you weren’t expecting that, but I just think it’s worth giving it another try before we put the kids through a divorce.”

Edge swallowed. “I’ll think about it.”

“Thank you.” She paused, “I’m staying here for the next few days. Here’s the number of the hotel if you’re going to call.”

With that she turned and walked away leaving Edge with the piece of paper with the hotel’s number clutched in his hand and a million questions on his mind.

i know it's short :reject: the next part should be up soon though since i no longer have massive amounts of work.

Back
Top Bottom