Boston Elevation - Larry Says No Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jackass who threw something at Bono during Sunday Bloody Sunday... Was that part of this "protest"? Because if it was then yeah. There's something wrong with that picture

No that was just some drunken lout like you see occasionally all along any tour.

The protest came in three phases that night, one of which was planned and the other two spontaneous. One (planned somewhere between the betrayal of trust and the actual showtime) was the sitdown... which was done during Elevation because the houselights were still on during that song and the band would clearly be able to see it. And that lasted for exactly that song, and a tiny bit into Beautiful Day - but by the middle of BD everyone was standing. Two was that whenever the band went out onto the outside portion of the heart, a number of the fans who were so incredibly disappointed in the band turned their back toward the band, to keep facing the mainstage -- most likely symbolic of feeling the band had turned their backs on some of the fans. (That is exacrly what Larry's head-shaking was about, btw.) (I did not participate in that, my feeling was that they should look me in the eye after having done such a thing.) And the third, and most spontaneous, was during "One" -- when a tremendous number of fans, including many of those who had not participated in the actual act of sitting down, formed a large circle in the back, literally creating a hole in our heart. It was kind of cheesy, but the symbolism was stunning and effective if nothing else.

As a side note: to give you some indication of how out of touch the band/mgmt were with the whole problem they created... when they got wind, prior to the concert, of the fact that there was going to be an act of peaceful disobedience, they thought that by sending one of the merchandising guys into the heart with a box of their least-popularly-selling t-shirts and passing them out, as McGuinness stood there smirking, that this would make everything okay. Give me a break!

Last edited:
First of all, PACulliton, thanks for posting your comments. It's very interesting to hear the other side of this story.

antigone_ks said:

I think it was on the Chicago DVD that Paul McG said that these people had followed the tour around, and were *always* at the front of the heart, so they knew what was going to happen and it wasn't as spontaneous. For the filming, the band wanted people up front who could be surprised, and who could give the band that little push. According to Paul, that's why they used the lottery system on this tour.

And this is what really irks me about the GA lottery system. It makes sense that Paul/the band wanted "new faces" up front in the ellipse. What doesn't make sense is that during the Vertigo tour, the band (especially Bono) seemed to enjoy having the same people up front night after night, whether it be dancing with the same girls multiple times or continually interacting with specific fans. Contradiction, much? :huh:

Last edited:
PACulliton said:

And the third, and most spontaneous, was during "One" -- when a tremendous number of fans, including many of those who had not participated in the actual act of sitting down, formed a large circle in the back, literally creating a hole in our heart. It was kind of cheesy, but the symbolism was stunning and effective if nothing else.

is that why One was left off the dvd do you think?

PACulliton: Had I been in your shoes....I would've done the same thing.
I can't imagine someone in the back of the line standing before me during the show after queing for more than 24h.... by the hands of the band, nonetheless. :huh:
It happened the same (and worse) to me in Nice, but at least it wasn't the band's fault... but I know what it feels like to stand in the back knowing you should be right up front. :banghead:
btw I'm surprised Larry didn't do a thing about the whole situation, he's usually the one who cares about their fans.... :|

Last edited:
sraphim said:
btw I'm surprised Larry didn't do a thing about the whole situation, he's usually the one who cares about their fans.... :|

you are right. Bono, Adam and The Edge are such jerks :wink:

PACulliton:

i can understand you would be annoyed if this happened to you....i would be extremely pissed off...........but i wouldnt stage a protest!!!

its not the end of the world as we know it and its a bit OTT if you ask me....and like others would said.....would only ruin the experience for you and others

you should be grateful that you get to 20-22 shows. PER TOUR!..........i have only ever been to one....ever.....and i know some people who would give anything to see them just once who havent yet

and you even said yourself they had a sign on the GA line saying usuall GA proceedures would not be followed so queue at your own risk <<<<< did that not register? it may not specify but it means potential dissappointment

at the end of the day...yes they may have messed the fans around a bit there.....but they are only human....they arent perfect and they cant get everything right all of the time

pattip2000 said:

you are right. Bono, Adam and The Edge are such jerks :wink:

I did not say that the others don't care about us :|
I'm sorry, but I don't speak english that well.
what I meant to say is that Larry is the one who usually makes sure that the fans are ok and that rules are followed...
Grammies 2004.... Larry apologizing to the fans about the whole tickets mess

nikkyjade said:
PACulliton:
you should be grateful that you get to 20-22 shows. PER TOUR!..........i have only ever been to one....ever.....and i know some people who would give anything to see them just once who havent yet

I agree :| outside america we don't get to see them so often as we'd like to....
I just think that people who queued for long should get to the front, it's not fair to change the rules without telling the fans...
PACulliton said:
No notice was posted at the front of the line that said "usual G.A. procedures will not be followed tonight, so queue at your own risk." No message was posted at the band's website. Bono & U2's staff has access to the email addresses and cellphone numbers of several of the longtime/multi-show fans. And yet no attempt to communicate with us like adults, like human beings, LIKE PAYING CUSTOMERS, was made. Instead they made a decision to simply disrespect and manipulate. Period.
:(

they could have used the lottery like they did with the vertigo tour :shrug:

i can understand you would be annoyed if this happened to you....i would be extremely pissed off...........but i wouldnt stage a protest!!!

1. It didn't happen to me. I saw it happen to other people and I felt empathy toward them. I didn't queue until after 3pm.

2. The fact that you would not stage a protest is your prerogative. The fact that I participated in one was mine.

its a bit OTT if you ask me....

I'm not trying to be a snot, but I didn't ask you. I simply stated. for the edification of those who wondered aloud, exactly what happened.

and like others would said.....would only ruin the experience for you and others

No. The band being disrespectful, unappreciative and manipulative is what ruined the experience that night.

you should be grateful that you get to 20-22 shows. PER TOUR!

Grateful? Grateful to whom? No one gave me airline tickets or my concert tickets, or paid for my hotel rooms, or spent their time traveling for me. I earned every penny, paid my own way, bought my own tickets. Exactly whom am I to be grateful to? Am I to be grateful to band for being in business and making millions of dollars? Please.

and i know some people who would give anything to see them just once who havent yet

Well perhaps they need to be a little more proactive if they really want to see them that badly?

and you even said yourself they had a sign on the GA line saying usuall GA proceedures would not be followed so queue at your own risk <<<<< did that not register? it may not specify but it means potential dissappointment

Boy you really did NOT read what I wrote. I said there was NO NOTICE. Please back up to page 2 of this subject and reread my post, as you have misperceived some important factors.

Gees.

Last edited:
ok i apologise for the last bit about the sign......i havent been very well recently....not that thats an excuse.....but its affected my concentration a little...and i actually noticed that when reading other peoples comments before getting to your last one...so sorry

and theres no need for the "gees" and CAPITALS

anyways........

Quote:
you should be grateful that you get to 20-22 shows. PER TOUR!

Grateful? Grateful to whom? No one gave me airline tickets or my concert tickets, or paid for my hotel rooms, or spent their time traveling for me. I earned every penny, paid my own way, bought my own tickets. Exactly whom am I to be grateful to? Am I to be grateful to band for being in business and making millions of dollars? Please.

what do you want? a medal?

the fact you said "why should i be grateful" bothers me.....i paid for my ticket myself...but im still grateful for the opportunity to have seen them live....many havent

and you seem to be focusing on the fact the band are a business...well done....but what about the music and the purpose of why you pay all this money to see them?

myself and a couple of my friends think that it is unfair that the band spend so much tour time in the US.....they have done about 100 shows over there and in Canada this tour.....Europe only got half of that......but we dont harp on about it.....im just glad that i got to see one show....i cant afford to see as many as what others do........and there is less opportunity to see them as they play less shows here.............this is why i think that staging a protest is a little over the top...you get this wonderful opportunity to see one of the best bands in the world live...if not the best....and all people want to do is sit down in protest against the band, just because they didnt get a rail to lean on for the show.........a row 2 persons deep is bloody good i think! im trying to point out that there are other people that would have given anything for that spot.........yes you may have been angry.....but to me it just seems a bit ungrateful. the band may have amde a mistake...yes....but.....ok im going around in circles now :eyebrow:

Quote:
and i know some people who would give anything to see them just once who havent yet

Well perhaps they need to be a little more proactive if they really want to see them that badly?"

........i cannot believe what you said here

telling those who want to see them so badly...its not as simple to just say be more proactive about it...i queued for hours for both buying the tickets and outside the stadium before the show

i live in europe...in England to be exact....and i believe the band didnt even do half of 22 dates in my country. I am a university student which means i have very little money as it is, nevermind to be spending it on travelling europe going to all different shows no matter how much of a loyal fan of the band I am or how much i love them.
i have a life which i cant just drop.....the band mean a lot to me....but so does my education
its great that you can get to so many shows.....but not everyone can do that

I'm not trying to be a snot, but I didn't ask you. I simply stated. for the edification of those who wondered aloud, exactly what happened.

i know you didnt ask me.....its a figure of speech...it wasnt meant literally :eyebrow:

now what was the original argument? :lol:

nikkyjade said:
this is why i think that staging a protest is a little over the top...you get this wonderful opportunity to see one of the best bands in the world live...if not the best....and all people want to do is sit down in protest against the band, just because they didnt get a rail to lean on for the show.........a row 2 persons deep is bloody good

i think that PACuillon was trying to say that they protest was staged not just because those who queued ended up 2 rows deep, but because the band (and their employees) acted in a way that was perceived as disrespectful and manipulative (ie, lying to the fans who had lined up about why others were being let in early, not giving any advance notice about not honoring the GA line, etc).

i'm not supporting the protest or denouncing it- i wasn't there, but i've heard about it from friends who were. right now it would be easy for me to say that i never would have particpated, but frankly i don't know what i would have done had i been in their shoes. :shrug:

anyway, i just wanted to clear up what i think PA was trying to get across... (please correct me if i'm wrong!)

what do you want? a medal?

No but I also certainly don't expect that I should hear that the credit for something that I worked for, that I earned, that I paid for, that I took the initiative to organize for myself, should go to the company making money off of it.

I mean -- let's say that you saved for a year to buy yourself a mink coat, or an oriental rug or hell even a dishwasher. Would you expect that someone should tell you that you should be grateful to the store for being in the business of selling it to you? That's ridiculous.

the fact you said "why should i be grateful" bothers me.....i paid for my ticket myself...but im still grateful for the opportunity to have seen them live....many havent

Then you are starstruck. I used to be, I admit. But I got over that real fast when I saw them betray those who patronized them the most.

and you seem to be focusing on the fact the band are a business...

Guess what... so are they.

well done....but what about the music and the purpose of why you pay all this money to see them?

It's entertainment, not religion.

myself and a couple of my friends think that it is unfair that the band spend so much tour time in the US

Hellooooo...see above re: U2 as a business. It's because the U.S. have the greater potential sales base - both for tickets and for the record sales that the tour is meant to promote. Surely you don't think they tour the U.S. twice as much as anywhere else because they feel we need their spiritual nourishment the most?? LOL. If that were the case, they'd tour Russia twice as much as they played in the U.S. How many times is it they have played Russia and its broken economy? Oh yeah. None.

....they have done about 100 shows over there and in Canada this tour.....Europe only got half of that......but we dont harp on about it

Actually, you just did. So I guess you do.

this is why i think that staging a protest is a little over the top...you get this wonderful opportunity to see one of the best bands in the world live...if not the best....and all people want to do is...

...to be treated fairly for their ticket price, no matter how many tickets they've bought.

a row 2 persons deep is bloody good i think!

Not when you spent the night on a sidewalk in the cold rain in order to be in row 1, it isn't. And it was row 3, to be more accurate.

but to me it just seems a bit ungrateful

Grateful for what? Giving them my money?? (Or for being spat upon for it?)

telling those who want to see them so badly...its not as simple to just say be more proactive about it

Yeah, really, it is. Unless they are under passport restriction or living in abject poverty -- really it is.

i queued for hours for both buying the tickets and outside the stadium before the show

To ask your own question, what do you want, a medal?

As have I, many, many, many times over the course of the last 18 years queued for hours both buying tix and outside the stadia before shows.

I am a university student which means i have very little money as it is, nevermind to be spending it on travelling europe going to all different shows no matter how much of a loyal fan of the band I am or how much i love them.

Well then that just means you have prioritized your funds in a way that was suitable to you. GUESS WHAT? I have seen U2 95 times since April 29, 1987. During the course of those years, during EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR TOURS, I have been either a high school student or a college student. I have completed two higher degrees and am working on a third right now.

During the JT tour I was in h.s.
During the Zoo tour I was in undergraduate earning my B.A.
During PopMart and Elevation I was in grad school earning my M.A.,
And during the entire course of Vertigo I've been in law school earning my J.D.

I am not independently wealthy, nor are my parents. All tuition and all tour costs have been paid out of pocket. But I worked three jobs at a time at some stages, while going to school fulltime, AND I sacrificed other things from my life or social life (drove an older car, kept the same clothes for years, didn't go on a regular holiday) in order to be able to prioritize my funds in such a way as to be able to travel to see the tours. And I used my money smartly. I'd choose a city like Boston or London where I would get 4 shows for the price of my one plane ticket. I would bunk into a hotel room with sometimes as many as 7 other fans --- and wait an hour for my turn in the bathroom, in order to be able to afford it. So don't tell me about being a poor college student. BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. AND SAW 90+ CONCERTS.

i have a life which i cant just drop.....the band mean a lot to me....but so does my education

I have two - almost three - degrees from top notch private schools, at two of which I've made the Dean's Honor List. You're not really insinuating that mine means any less than yours, are you?

its great that you can get to so many shows.....but not everyone can do that

No one handed me anything -- they didn't do my schoolwork, they didn't give me free tuition to $30,000/yr private unis, they didn't give me plane tickets, they didn't give me concert tickets, they didn't give me hotel rooms, and they sure as hell didn't give me any money that I didn't work for. It's a matter of prioritizing.

P.S. I very sincerely hope your health improves.

P.P.S. Ally's clarification was exactly right on. Thanks for getting the gist, whether agreeing or not agreeing.

Last edited:
*Ally* said:

i think that PACuillon was trying to say that they protest was staged not just because those who queued ended up 2 rows deep, but because the band (and their employees) acted in a way that was perceived as disrespectful and manipulative (ie, lying to the fans who had lined up about why others were being let in early, not giving any advance notice about not honoring the GA line, etc).

i'm not supporting the protest or denouncing it- i wasn't there, but i've heard about it from friends who were. right now it would be easy for me to say that i never would have particpated, but frankly i don't know what i would have done had i been in their shoes. :shrug:

nicely put.

like you i wasn't there and don't know the whole story, just whats been said in varous threads/posts etc.
would i have protested myself? i dunno, but from what i've heard of what happenend, i'm in full support of those who did.

I have two - almost three - degrees from top notch private schools, at two of which I've made the Dean's Honor List. You're not really insinuating that mine means any less than yours, are you?

I really don't think she was, you know, having read what you both have posted, and I don't think anyone's bothered about who's got what at school. Personally, I can see both sides of this small debate, as I'm not in a position myself to travel to many concerts, I've only seen U2 once (last year) and I couldn't even pay my friend back until September for it. This is also irrelevant, I know, but I wanted to say I can see where nikkyjade is coming from.

I can also see where you're coming from because I have seen another group lots of times in concert and it was less stress because they were seated gigs, but if someone had come along and taken my tickets for decent seats off me and told me to sit 20 rows behind, I would be very pissed off. I'm disappointed to read about this happening because I've always been under the impression that U2 were a rare band who actually cared about their fans. I'm not for one second denying they run a business, I know enough about music I like to realise that, but in addition it's possible to go about your business in a fair and proper manner.

I'd just like to echo what PA has said about prioritising to see the band.

Nikkyjade - like you I live in the UK. I organised my education around seeing U2. I took a year out after school, worked, saved money and then saw tonnes of Popmart shows. While I was at uni I took a job, saved up, and continued to see Popmart 3rd and 4th leg shows. After Popmart I continued to work and save and then saw dozens of Elevation shows.

The idea that you should be "grateful" for things you worked hard to obtain is a victim mentality. Life doesn't *happen* to you. You have to grab life by the hands and make it your bitch, haha.

Really Nikky you're at uni - you will never have so much flexible time again (or such flexible tutors). Use it to your advantage. Honest to god if I were you I'd be flying to Buenos Aires this very minute. Unfortuntely I have a job which only affords me a certain amount of holiday - which I am using up to see U2 in Australia next month.

Perhaps you've made different choices and you feel you couldn't cope with Uni and dashing off round the world to see U2. That's fine. But don't, whatever you do, condemn those who have made that choice. It's not about LUCK. It's about asking yourself what you really want and doing whatever you can to achieve it.

As someone has already said the whole Boston issue wasn't really about people losing their front row spot and being mad about it. It was about the band treating their fans with contempt. That's why people couldn't then just enjoy the show and be "grateful" for being there. The band had ruined it for them by making their disrespect so clear.

Anyway Nikky, hope you get better soon and have a think about Buenos Aires will you? It might just change your life :)

One last thing - digsy would you care to post an email address? I'd like to drop you a line.

Sorry to say but PACulliton , you REALLY sound like an arrogant prat!
I am one of the many fans who hasn't been able to see them live, and that's not because of me! the fact that they're one of the most popular bands int he world, and that I live in holland, and the three shows were sold out in 20 minutes and with that my chance to see them, how can you blame me for that?
you americans get so fuckin many shows and we get very littlle! so you may be grateful that they are interested in america, and give you all these shows... they could also just call it its quits, since they don't have to do it for the money, and do only little gigs in ireland or europe... but No, they don't quit.. and America it still is!
Get down that attitude a bit! and show some respect!

Galeongirl said:
the three shows were sold out in 20 minutes and with that my chance to see them, how can you blame me for that?

Sigh... I live in the UK. I saw all 3 shows in the Amsterdam Arena. I bought tickets for one show via the U2.com presale. Then I just travelled over to Amsterdam and bought tickets for the other shows outside. Sometimes paying over face value of course. If you want something badly enough, you'll do it. If you didn't want it that bad don't attack others who did.

Galeongirl said:
you americans get so fuckin many shows and we get very littlle! so you may be grateful that they are interested in america, and give you all these shows... they could also just call it its quits, since they don't have to do it for the money, and do only little gigs in ireland or europe... but No, they don't quit.. and America it still is!

And you're attacking PA for that? Er... who's fault is it that they do so many American shows? Who's fault is it that they're more interested in the money they can rake in from playing 10 nights at Madison Square Garden than from playing more shows in France, or Holland, or Germany? I don't understand why fans attack other fans for choices the BAND MAKES.

Last edited:
MalahideChick said:

Sigh... I live in the UK. I saw all 3 shows in the Amsterdam Arena. I bought tickets for one show via the U2.com presale. Then I just travelled over to Amsterdam and bought tickets for the other shows outside. Sometimes paying over face value of course. If you want something badly enough, you'll do it. If you didn't want it that bad don't attack others who did.

And you're attacking PA for that? Er... who's fault is it that they do so many American shows? Who's fault is it that they're more interested in the money they can rake in from playing 10 nights at Madison Square Garden than from playing more shows in France, or Holland, or Germany? I don't understand why fans attack other fans for choices the BAND MAKES.
\

sorry but at the beginning of the sales I was pretty much a newb and didn't know there were much ways to get other tickets!
and also, it's not their FAULT they do so many american shows.. but I just wish that americans would realise how lucky they are to have them! and THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE MONEY! they're multi-millionaires, why would they care? they could quit now and live large for another two lifetimes!

Couple questions for PA Cuillon:

-When do you consider some of the U2 followers "delusional"?

-If the band is so close to fans, why has Edge made remarks about "a caravan of fans following us to every gig", "I don't go to internet sites, since the fans are murderously critical" and Larry indirectly telling some to "Fuck Off"?

-If some fans were so, why didn't they do something that would really matter to a band member like giving them a bag unused tickets that were cut into pieces? Renounce fandom by selling collected memorabilia...etc.

-are any of the Boston Protests noticable on the "heart-cam" on the second disc of the 2001 DVD?

-were the fans brought into the front of the Heart for Boston young people or just people that hadn't seen many shows?

-How bad was Bos1 vs Bos2, as mentioned in the DVD bonus features?

u2fp

to PAC: GEEZ! :giggle: i didnt want your life story

you really need to watch that vein in your neck......it might pop

well it certainly made for an interesting read over my breakfast.....but tell me......how was i incinuating that i had a better education than you? hmmm interesting......not that i could care because that has nothing to do with the topic in hand....i was just simply saying that being a student leaves me with less money than i would like and my education comes first at the moment....im in my final year and can not afford the time to be going off to america...and buenos aires (as nice as that would be MalahideChick!) ....or the money

and WHYYYY *she cries* is everyone hanging on this word "grateful" and then giving me all this crap about its not being grateful....its working for it and making the effort........i know full well that the tickets and hotel rooms dont get handed to you on a plate!!! i know you have to work hard to get those tickets etc.........by grateful i mean that you should be grateful that you actually get that opportunity to get your hands on those tickets in the first place. im not saying you didnt try your damned hardest to get them.....a lot of people do and dont get lucky.....and im not saying you should be grateful to the band..........im thinking i maybe should reassess every word i use in future in case it gets criticised and my argument gets picked to pieces like you seem to like doing.....hence why this argument has digressed into something that has hardly much to do about what was originally being discussed! i mean it makes me laugh that you got so far away from the argument thata you even mentioned a dishwasher :lol: wtf!?

like galeongirl said......the demand for tickets is very high.....and sell out pretty quick....and again...i will say not eveyone has the money to be spending hundreds on "second-hand" tickets outside stadiums...if you do....thats your choice...and good for you

i also know some fans who are only 15 and 16...or younger....who would also give anything to see them live.....but its not exactly appropriate for them to be travelling the world alone after their favourite band.....i tried to get Elevation tickets when i was in school...and failed miserably....and that was for a gig only 2 hours down the road......my parents wouldnt even let me go to london by myself.....let alone all around the country or europe

and galeongirl had another point.........it is very true that the band are multimillionaires.....and they do not have to do all those gigs in the US if they dont want to...they dont exactly need the money.......i am aware that they DO do it for the money too.....reason why they didnt play australia in the last tour because the dollar was weak or something.......but they have to make money to pay for the tour...not just themselves.....

and you said that the band is not a religion......what!? they arent?!? damn :uhoh:

i like to see that the band has such such fans that they would spend their cash on them to follow them all over the world. and i can understand........like i said in my original post.........that you would have been pissed off that night......which is fair enough.....i would have been too....if not a little hurt.........all i was saying is that i thought it was a little extreme to protest.....but that is just my opinion...nothing more

Last edited:
MalahideChick said:

Sorry, I will make one point here - why should the UK fans have to fly to US/Europe to see the band - I was lucky to see 2 of the 4 gigs U2 played in England but I do understand why people get angry...

Esp when we hear the tickets to the second round of Boston gigs where almost being given away outside the venue!

Lisa

I am gonna try that again, sorry.......

Sorry, I will make one point here - why should the UK fans have to fly to US/Europe to see the band - I was lucky to see 2 of the 4 gigs U2 played in England but I do understand why people get angry...

Esp when we hear the tickets to the second round of Boston gigs where almost being given away outside the venue!

Lisa

SpaceOddity said:

And this is what really irks me about the GA lottery system. It makes sense that Paul/the band wanted "new faces" up front in the ellipse. What doesn't make sense is that during the Vertigo tour, the band (especially Bono) seemed to enjoy having the same people up front night after night, whether it be dancing with the same girls multiple times or continually interacting with specific fans. Contradiction, much? :huh:

This part is confusing to me too, despite the fact that it certainly benefited me... The contradiction is just :huh:

U2FanPeter said:
Couple questions for PA Cuillon:

-When do you consider some of the U2 followers "delusional"?

-If the band is so close to fans, why has Edge made remarks about "a caravan of fans following us to every gig", "I don't go to internet sites, since the fans are murderously critical" and Larry indirectly telling some to "Fuck Off"?

-If some fans were so, why didn't they do something that would really matter to a band member like giving them a bag unused tickets that were cut into pieces? Renounce fandom by selling collected memorabilia...etc.

-are any of the Boston Protests noticable on the "heart-cam" on the second disc of the 2001 DVD?

-were the fans brought into the front of the Heart for Boston young people or just people that hadn't seen many shows?

-How bad was Bos1 vs Bos2, as mentioned in the DVD bonus features?

u2fp

I don't think any of the protesters were noticable on the heart-cam.

The fans that were brought in were people that were coming at 4, 5 pm. I know for a fact that a lot of those pulled from the BACK had seen U2 more than 50 times! And they were NOT more attractive or more energized then the people in the Front.
The folks who slept over were not told THIS was going on...they just saw it first hand. When U2 staff came out they told the front of the line to be calm cause nothing was going on (First Lie of many) ....just video angle stuff.
Now, you have to remember that a lot of fans that were in the front of the line HAD NOT seen the band many times. For some it was there FIRST show ever. If this is what your first u2 experience was..I think many of you would be a little ticked off. No matter how many times they play in your country. I think PA has mentioned this already.

I don't know about edge making that specific remark..I thougt it was Bono. Was it that interview they did this year in Brussels?
Anyway, I think Edge made a remark of "our fans our great cause they WON'T let us get away with being crap" Or something like that. This quote was concerning the protest.

I'm done with this. I hope this thread closes soon before things get even more ugly...

Love and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom