Bono's Hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His hair got shorter (at the forehead) and thinner due to age. The long hair hasn't worked since 1993 for him. Passable at best on photos, awful when sweaty during live shows.

The next step is something like the BD/Electrical storm/ATYCLB cover haircut. Appropriately short and spiky.

The current "Pop" haircut doesn't work either, too short and makes him look old.

Eh, Bono's hairline was receding well before recent years. ;)

That's why whenever one of these "Bono's had transplants" or "his hair is bad" or whatever threads pop up, I can't help but ponder why. Even in the JT era, you can see the very very beginnings of some thinning up front. Some recession is more observable for AB. By "Pop" it was a tad bit more. But the guy is 46 and pretty much has a full head of hair. I doubt he'll lose much more. Therefore, I don't think the beanie is the next step. ;) I know plenty of men who'd die for as much hair as Bono has right now.

Of course, even Larry's hairline has receded! Give us poor men in our 40's a break - 80% of us will have suffered some hair loss! :D And, uh, so will some of you women!

Last edited:
Even though I hope his hair is in the studio with him under it.....I think his hair right now suits him the best for a man of his age.

Can't we just love him the way he is ???:sad:

(Elevation hair was black.....Vertigo Brown w/ some red:sad:

Souly said:

:bow:

In conclusion: Elevation hair = fluff, Vertigo hair = helmet.

Yes.

dac482de.jpg

d9526540.jpg

Schmeg said:
*3 Plebans post pictures of Elevation hair and Vertigo hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Elevation hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Vertigo hair*
*2 Plebans mention that his hair is now short and he looks like Pop Bono*
*4 Plebans get in a fight over which is better, Elevation or Vertigo hair*
*1 Pleban snarkily mentions he's balding*
*8 Plebans gang up on the snarky one*
*1 Pleban bemoans lost sex appeal*
*15 Plebans gang up on the bemoaner*
*Thread gets merged with another Bono's Hair thread*

:lmao:

I prefer the fluffy Elevation hair, personally. It's snexy and makes it look thicker, at least (though his hair probably was a little thicker back then. but I ain't complaining).

I like his cut now too, surprisingly enough... ultimately I agree that he should have a cut like the BD video maybe

fear_nothing said:
1) a whole topic about Bono's hair...totally awesome (sorry I'm new, and little things amuse me...ooh look shiny thing :D)
Did you say shiny?! You're gonna love it here :lol:

And stick around, we've had a whole thread about Adam's chest hair before.

hi ladies i'm kind of new here too.
i used to love Bono's short hair but nowadays i think his look during the Elevation tour looked the hottest:drool: :love: :heart:

He could still get the Elevation hair back, it was just a tad shorter then the Vertigo and not pulled back.

But the current POP cut is perfect! It makes him look young again compared to his Vertigo haircut.

bridgit said:

Elevation hair :drool: LIke someone said before, it would be great to see the ATYCLB/Electrical Storm hair again :combust:
Tho I have to admit that the short hair suits him very well.
(But he does look older on some pics but this man cannot always look good on every pic and everytime you see him. We love him anyway)
And thanx for this thread :)

i love reading this thread too. sadly there's nobody around me who wants to discuss Bono's hair :sad:
i also love his look on the cover of Walk On single...:drool: it's all in the ATYCLB era. and i can't stop wondering how he will look like at the remaining vertigo shows:hmm: :hyper:

hcbiggs2002 said:
It always amuses me that Americans call a fringe bangs! :lol: I wonder what the origin of that is?!? :wink:
I wonder too, since fringe makes more sense,but it still sounds just as funny as bangs

BTW:- Bono's long Vertigo hair style.....:drool:

I did it again! I put what I was going to say in the quote! Sorry, I'm new at this and keep getting all wrong.:(

Hidy said:
I did it again! I put what I was going to say in the quote! Sorry, I'm new at this and keep getting all wrong.:(

if you hit the quote button, type AFTER the [ / QUOTE ] :)

:drool: my best friend has Bono's elevation hair now...

:shifty:

I didn't tell him yet, but he sure found out I LOVE his hair now.. :whistle:

bonocomet said:
does he go on here Gg??

wow cool.... do you get to run your fingers thru it? :shifty:

:whistle: already done that the moment I saw it....

:lol: and no, he's not a U2 fan... that's why I didn't tell him.... otherwise he'd be like eeeeeew :lol: he just does that to tease me... he's a great friend :love:

Well give him some elevation era shades to wear and ask him to let you run your fingers thru it again and tell him hey what are good friends for?! :D

bonocomet said:
Well give him some elevation era shades to wear and ask him to let you run your fingers thru it again and tell him hey what are good friends for?! :D
that's the good part about him being my best friend... I don't have to ask, I just do it! :sexywink:

hmm.. but I don't have Bonoshades :scream: want!

Schmeg said:
*3 Plebans post pictures of Elevation hair and Vertigo hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Elevation hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Vertigo hair*
*2 Plebans mention that his hair is now short and he looks like Pop Bono*
*4 Plebans get in a fight over which is better, Elevation or Vertigo hair*
*1 Pleban snarkily mentions he's balding*
*8 Plebans gang up on the snarky one*
*1 Pleban bemoans lost sex appeal*
*15 Plebans gang up on the bemoaner*
*Thread gets merged with another Bono's Hair thread*

:wink: I kid because I love.