Bono saw me and didn't look away!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentmissa

Refugee
My trip to the Golden Globes was so much fun. We(my sister, and 2 friends) got there around 12 pm. We managed to find parking a couple blocks away where we had a great view of the Hollywood sign. The hotel was surrounded by news trucks in the front. Stupid me forgot to get a picture because I was so nervous. After a cup of coffee from Starbucks we tried everything to get in. After going to 3 entrances this guy from the other side of the gate (he had a tux on) said he could help. He said if we sign in and tell them we need to get to the bleachers we can watch the red carpet. Well, he lied! This lady about got a bouncer on us. She was the one in charge, and said if we wanted to get in we should have bought tickets for $600! I spoke up to her and asked why the guy said she would let us in, she couldn?t answer. She got madder after that and sent us away. So we walked down the street behind the hotel for about 10 mins and found a gate with a bunch of people waiting by it. We saw that the red carpet was in sight and found out that the limos drive past there to get to the red carpet. So we waited there for about 2 hours until cars started to drive up. Every car that went by we yelled at. I took video of about 100 limos. About an hour into it a couple limos rolled down their window. Jamie Lee Curtis and Sara Jessica Parker waved and at us. Then a limo drove up and the window rolled down not even half way. I caught a glimpse of a forehead and the top of blue classes! It was him. It was great. I didn?t get to wave at him, but we did scream out of joy and I?m sure he saw me. I even yelled ?I love you!? like a crazed fan. I didn?t even know I did it until it had already been yelled. It was a great rip out of reality for a day and can?t wait till our next meeting.

Here is a picture of the red carpet
f9c9ad72.jpg

Here is a picture of Bono's limo driving by. I wish the picture is good enough to see is forehead:huh:
f9c9ad09.jpg

PS. I have video of it driving by if anyone want to see.

Maybe you saw Gavin? He has glasses something like Bono's! :)

Yeah, he sure looks and dresses a lot like Bono! Seeing Gavin, that's cool! Plus all those movie stars!

bonosloveslave said:
Gavin with the blue glasses from that night:

gg2004_01.jpg

:sad: :censored:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my, I feel like the biggest retard ever. Everyone just hit me with the stupid stick. I will not cry, I will not...

I now understand why his hair line didn't look right. Plus the fuzzy feeling I was waiting for wasn't there and now I know why. Thank God, Cause when I do meet him it has to be better than that.

VENTING: I am so fricken happy it wasn't him. It was sad cause the window wasn't even half way open and I was thinking it wasn't like him to do that. And I couldn't see if it was him that got out of the limo cause they were so far away. Plus, I had told my self that if I only saw a finger I would be sooo happy and I wasn't which confused the :censored: out of me. I never thought I would be so happy not to see him. I think it was mean of him to do that to us, make us think he was Bono by only showing a part of his face. But it was brilliant at the same time.

agentmissa said:
VENTING: I am so fricken happy it wasn't him. It was sad cause the window wasn't even half way open and I was thinking it wasn't like him to do that. And I couldn't see if it was him that got out of the limo cause they were so far away. Plus, I had told my self that if I only saw a finger I would be sooo happy and I wasn't which confused the :censored: out of me. I never thought I would be so happy not to see him. I think it was mean of him to do that to us, make us think he was Bono by only showing a part of his face. But it was brilliant at the same time.

Actually, that makes alot of sense :yes: :up: And I'm glad you had a good time with your friends :hug:

And I was thinking about it today, seeing Gavin is actually kinda rarer too (for us in the U.S. anyway). :)

bonosloveslave said:
Please don't feel dumb Missa, I was doing double takes when I saw the pictures, those blue glasses, I tell ya....:combust:

Thanks, it was odd he dressed soooo much like him. I had my doubts when I saw him, I should trust my instincts more.

Back
Top Bottom