Bono playing guitare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonobeautiful2knappevent.jpg

bonobeautifulknappevent.jpg

Which guitar is that?! :ohmy:

Ultra shinny :drool:

That is a Gibson Les Paul Custom. Bono played this guitar for "Last Night On Earth" at various shows during the 1997-98 PopMart tour. The Edmonton YouTube footage shows him playing this guitar.

Bono was using this and his black Les Paul Custom early on in the PopMart tour.

Link of Bono playing the black Les Paul: (Las Vegas Popmart) http://youtube.com/watch?v=sj1H1R2_aDQ

Whether it was the weight of the guitar or merely preference of tone, both Les Paul's seemed to be set aside in favor of his Gretch Tennessean and the two sparkle finish ES-175's. (one in red sparkle and one in blue sparkle.)

In the YouTube footage from Edmonton on June 15th, 1997... you can see that the sides of the guitar are black and the front has the metallic finish. Perhaps the 'metallic' finish was merely applied to the existing black Les Paul Custom.

Here's a linkie to the Edmonton YouTube footage of Bono playing the metallic / hologram-ish finished Les Paul:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EJ6CA08w_1s

Here's some footage from Los Angeles on the 21st of June... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMAS8BrOAg

By Foxboro on July 2nd 1997, the sides appear to have the metallic / hologram finish too.
Seen in this footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG3zdNr5o-g

That is a Gibson Les Paul Custom. Bono played this guitar for "Last Night On Earth" at various shows during the 1997-98 PopMart tour. The Edmonton YouTube footage shows him playing this guitar.

Link of Bono playing the black Les Paul: (Las Vegas Popmart) YouTube - Last Night On Earth (live from Popmart Las Vegas)

Whether it was the weight of the guitar or merely preference of tone, both Les Paul's seemed to be set aside in favor of his Gretch Tennessean and the two sparkle finish ES-175's. (one in red sparkle and one in blue sparkle.)

In the YouTube footage from Edmonton on June 15th, 1997... you can see that the sides of the guitar are black and the front has the metallic finish. Perhaps the 'metallic' finish was merely applied to the existing black Les Paul Custom.

Here's a linkie to the Edmonton YouTube footage of Bono playing the metallic / hologram-ish finished Les Paul:
YouTube - Last night on earth

Here's some footage from Los Angeles on the 21st of June... YouTube - Last night on earth

By Foxboro on July 2nd 1997, the sides appear to have the metallic / hologram finish too.
Seen in this footage: YouTube - Last night on earth

wow THANKS for those clips, I've rarely seen anything (including photos) with him playing the LP Custom. I also wondered if he switched because of the weight. Thanks again, I saved those clips!

Link of Bono playing the black Les Paul: (Las Vegas Popmart) YouTube - Last Night On Earth (live from Popmart Las Vegas)

YouTube - Last night on earth

Here's some footage from Los Angeles on the 21st of June... YouTube - Last night on earth

Seen in this footage: YouTube - Last night on earth

Awsome! Thanks for that!

Oh, I understood she wanted pics with a guitar with "the goal is soul". :lol:

Well, anyway Bono is gorgeus with any guitar, don't you think? :drool::drool::drool:

That' was what i wanted, but when I saw Bono with the other guitars, I saw a real hot man. So, why don't we post pictures with the other guitars :D

(sorry again for my bad english. I don't know if what I say mean something)

That' was what i wanted, but when I saw Bono with the other guitars, I saw a real hot man. So, why don't we post pictures with the other guitars :D

(sorry again for my bad english. I don't know if what I say mean something)

Your English is fine :hug:

you want Bono with guitars :up: :sexywink:

bonoDublin5june19826-5-1982.jpg

bono5june19826-5-1982.jpg

bonobabyguitartartanpants.jpg

bonobabyguitartartan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom