Bono Designs Guitar For Children's Charity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
wow I missed the pictures the first time posted :love: great artwork from Bono!
Edges Gretsch looks a bit... :lol: unpimped...
Ah I love the peter and the wolf design and Edge's has the 50's vintage look :drool: I wonder what Gibson thinks of it?

Edgette said:
Is Edge's one that he designed or is that just one of his he contributed to this exhibit?

Sorry, I should have explained that one better, just assumed people would know :(

It says on the Plaque :-

Gibson Byrdland 1966
Owned & Played by The Edge, U2 Durning the Lovetown tour (can't read the years, think it says 1985-1986) and Specifically on "When Love Comes To Town Live"

Courtesy of U2

Hope that helps

Anji said:

Sorry, I should have explained that one better, just assumed people would know :(

Gibson Byrdland 1966
Owned & Played by The Edge, U2 Durning the Lovetown tour (can't read the years, think it says 1985-1986) and Specifically on "When Love Comes To Town Live"

Courtesy of U2

Hope that helps

I think that guitar is awesome looking.

Anji said:

Gibson Byrdland 1966

Courtesy of U2

Hope that helps

that would be 1988-1989 :)

:hmm: yes, I can see that guitar in the vid from Sydney!

Anji said:

Gibson Byrdland 1966

Courtesy of U2

Hope that helps

That's what I thought, thanks. :wink:

I think they will be auctioned after the exhibit closes in a couple weeks.

The money is scheduled to go to the Keep A Child Alive organization. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom