Ask Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
Hiya,

I have been assigned to collaborate on an article featuring Bono's RED campaign, the focus of which includes a query as to what U2 fans think of the campaign. Thus the way in which we plan to present this concept is by asking any U2 fan interested to submit one (1) question he/she, if given the opportunity, would ask Bono on the subject of RED. Our hope is to get a phone interview with Bono using the top ten (10) questions chosen by a panel representing the organization for which the article is being written. If we are able to procure such an interview, any fan whose question is chosen will be allowed to participate in the interview. (However, we make no guarantee that we will be able to get Bono for the phone interview.) If you are interested, please submit your question to the following address: dreamoutloud@gmail.com using "RED question" as your subject line. Also, please include either your full name or your online handle and contact information if your question is chosen. (Note: your contact information including name, phone number, address, and/or e-mail address will only be used for the purposes of this article and will not be sold or shared with any third parties.)

In short, send 1 question you would ask Bono about RED to dreamoutloud@gmail.com with the subject line "RED question" (if you do not use that subject line, I cannot guarantee your question will be reviewed by the panel).

Thanks,
Mel (dreamchaser)

I noticed your bulletin on MySpace. Very cool! :up: What's the deadline for submitting a question? I'd like to think about it a bit before submitting. Thanks! :D

ThoraSEB said:
I noticed your bulletin on MySpace. Very cool! :up: What's the deadline for submitting a question? I'd like to think about it a bit before submitting. Thanks! :D

Thank you for your question!

I did not realize until after I sent out my message everywhere that I failed to note the deadline despite the fact that I read it over several times beforing posting it. D'oh!

The article is for an October issue so the absolute deadline would be September 1st.

If I hear different, I will let you know.

Cheers! :)

dream chaser said:

Thank you for your question!

I did not realize until after I sent out my message everywhere that I failed to note the deadline despite the fact that I read it over several times beforing posting it. D'oh!

The article is for an October issue so the absolute deadline would be September 1st.

If I hear different, I will let you know.

Cheers! :)

Thanks Mel! I'll be sure to submit something soon. :)

seajewel said:
Don't mean to sound stupid but what is the publication? :slant:

It's not a stupid question at all. I've been asked a few times, but I signed a non-disclosure contract so I'm not supposed to reveal any more info than necessary (something to do with competition from other publications or something). However, what I can tell you is that it is intended for the entertainment and advertising industries, which I think is a perfect target for RED. I really hope to make even the slightest difference and garner some more US interest.

Back
Top Bottom