Withdrawal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom

Acrobat
So I saw them last night at San Jose and have been experiencing massive amounts of withdrawal since. I'm not really sure what to do or how to handle it since I've never quite experienced anything like this in my life before. Everyday life just seems so...ordinary now. I also have this painful feeling in the pit of my stomach, the one you get when you have said goodbye to a friend you may not ever see again. I really don't know what to do....

That's a good idea. I will watch Slane tonight. Although last night's show, barring the audience which was chock-full of beer-drinking burrito eaters, kicked Slane's ass. LAPOE....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I held my head for about 20 seconds trying to brace explosions in my neurons when I saw Bono drumming, and he continued into SBS too.

Last edited:
tomtom- save money and buy tickets for another show...maybe 3rd leg this fall when they are nearby. nothing cures a hangover like more alcohol...

I had this feeling after I met Bono twice in one day. It was probably one of the best days of my life, not just b/c I got to shake Bono's hand, but I made some great new friends and the whole experience was a blast and exceeded all expectations. You'd think I woulda been one happy cookie, but the next day was honestly the most depressing day of my life. I'm ashamed to admit it, but physically I felt worse on that day than the day my good friend died of cancer. I don't know exactly why - maybe b/c I had gotten sick from our 24 hour wait in sub-freezing temps and all the emotional highs. It was like I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. I think it's a legitimate feeling when you really are truly that emotionally invested in something. I don't really know how to help you. When it happened to me, I got over it after a day or so. I got my pics developed and shared the experience w/ friends and in doing so it became more "real" and I felt better.

Just listening to Pride from the concert right now. I'm wary of the whole take-the-music/band-too-seriously thing, but honestly, when the 'Oh-oh-oh-oh's came on, it was like the hand of God touched us.

Fuck, I saw Pride live. Its just too strange. You listen to a song on your little CD player everyday for 6 years, and then suddenly you see the men that wrote it play it in front of your eyes. It just makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom