Which song/s will remind you of the tour in years to come?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
After the tour has ended and there's no more concerts to go to (man, this post is making me sad) and all we have left are our trusty bootlegs...

Which song/s will remind you of the tour in years to come?

Mine -

City Of Blinding Lights = the way the screen lights up, the way the crowd join in when Bono sings the "OH..YOU..LOOK SO..BEAUTIFUL..." part and the 'harpsicord' type synth sound over Edge's guitar.
Sounded especially great at Manchester 1.

Yahweh = I wasn't that keen on the album version, but the stripped down 'POP' version with the warm synth sound is soooo f*cking nice that it makes me want to buy a fluffy kitten (well, maybe not).
A cool track that suited the night time slot and gave you a warm feeling as you held the one close to you - sh*t, there I go again.
Sounded great at Glasgow - which was a classic gig, BTW!

LAPOE = Sexy, loud, crazy, camp, anthemic - brilliant!
Always sounds great!

It's always good to see 2 of my faves back in the setlist - Running and Zoo Station - but they remind me of the Zoo Tours.

What about you?

I can't comment yet as I won't see the show until fall but...

last tour nothing beat the entrance in full light breaking into Elevation. Very memorable.

Yahweh makes me sad when I hear the acoustic version. Very peaceful and reflective song.

COBL is pretty epic. Really stands out as a live track and the visuals at the show are :drool: . Hopefully U2 will keep the momentum going and tour next year.

Vertigo- hard to forget it when they play it two times. :wink:
But now, serious- I love this song live, especially with the extra ending.

LAPOE- IMO one of the greatest U2 live songs ever. Totally mindblowing, great stripped down version. As a single it really needs release, release, release!

Zoo Station/The Fly- for me it's the highlight of the concert. The intro to zoo station, Bono's face shown on the entire screen in his "older the fly" persona, the fly's greatest version of all time, visuals during it- all is perfect.

COBL- much better live, without these annoying "bells" which are on the studio version (cyllophone or how it is called?). It almost has an energy of streets.

1) COBL - the song really comes a live when performed in front of a crowd. Great slide guitar. Great vocals. great visulas, lighting...

2) LAPOE - When the low rumbling bass hits you, you'll never forget it. Great song, very groovy. Also works best in a live setting.

3) Vertigo - It's the song the tour is named after, alright! Love it when Bono screamed "fuck!!" just before the guitar solo at Vanmcouver 2, then screamed "fuck it!!" during the "all of this can be yours" section.

4) Yahweh - Beautiful acoustic version.

5) SYCMIOYO - How Bono can hit THAT note night after night is truly amazing.

COBL
Arcade Fire's "Wake Up" (makes me go through withdrawals when i hear it now)
Vertigo
Love and Peace
Running to stand still

:)

vertigo
cobl
sometimes
love and peace
miracle drug (i must be one of the only ones who likes this live)
yahweh

so pretty much the whole album :wink:

COBL, Zoo Station, Vertigo, Sometimes.. are the main ones, but Yahweh really shocked me; it never stood out on the album but live it's fantastic, makes me realise it's one of the best songs they've ever done imo.

SiW87 said:
City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, and the Chicago performance of With or Without You with the snippet of Strangers in the Night. One of my favorite versions of this song.
YES i adore that version of with or without you :drool:

but i dunno its either that or the manchester 1 version with the "transmission and love will tear us apart" snippets, or maybe am just biased cos i was there :drool:

Without a doubt :

Love and Peace or Else : simply magnificent!

and a close second, even though it's not an HTDAAB-track : Elevation!

I will always remember the first night in Anaheim....knowing that they were going to open with COBL...and then my dropping to the floor when they changed the setlist and opened with LAPOE for the first time.

WOW!!!! A great "Holy Shit" moment.

After just having been on my two Vertigo shows in Oslo and Gothenburg, I must say I'm very impressed with the whole package this tour!

The only thing they changed between the two nights were Yahweh for Party Girl, but still they shows were as good as they could get!

Allthough there are songs I wan't them to play, and they don't, I must say I agree with not playing them, because they don't fit too well in this show. For example, I would die to hear Acrobat live, but don't have a good reason for swapping it with Pride, as Acrobat into WTSHNN would give me a strange feeling. Maybe some other tour will give place for the songs I'm missing.

The maybe greatest thing about this tour is the "moments" U2 makes every night. Like SBS-->BTBS-->Miss Sarajevo/RTSS.

In my opinion Vertigo is the best tour, in terms of the whole package they have provided us with. The best "product" so to speak.

Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
The Fly

went to all three boston shows...cobl opener on night one (absolutely amazing...best moment for me)....gloria, out of control on night two (both rocked the house)....and wild horses on night 3 (so unexpected)...these have been the best memories so far...cant wait till the fall though

Love and Peace or Else - in the u2 tradition of making an already kick ass song from the album super kiss ass in a live setting

saw one of the shows that opened with Love and Peace and although COBL is the superior opener this one was visually stunning with the pitch black arena and those 4 hugh flashlights bouncing up and down the ellipse

the song will always remind me of this tour :D

city of blinding lights

every time i hear it now, i'm in san diego, opening night, with confetti raining down. or i'm in phoenix, watching my daughter's face light up as bono walks around the catwalk and stops right in front of us.

and i'm hoping they will open the show with COBL in vegas both nights as well.

An Cat Dubh :combust: One of my favorites, heard it twice in one week, once with Bono right in front of us on the catwalk. :drool:

COBL, also... Hearing the opening in San Jose, seeing them walk out and launch into it right in front of us (Sicy and I had the front row) was so emotional after not seeing them live for almost four years.

Back
Top Bottom