Which night has a better performance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefrode989

The Fly
Do U2 usually perform better on the first night at a venue or on the final night? Is it possible to say? Or does it vary?

The word on the street appears to be night two, most definitely, for many reasons--band more settled and comfortable with the sound, the venue, the locals.
And as much as I enjoyed my night 1 experience, I am so jealous of my new friends I met in San Jose who also got to see night 2--because it appears clearly better from the setlist, the reports, and the recordings (first night of Original of the Species . . . Bono playing with lipstick . . . . and on and on)
love, Anu

I liked night 2 in LA better than night one, but that's all because of location. I was seated in section 208 at Staples Night 1; closer to the rail on the floor night 2 :wink:

well, after seeing U2 two nights in a row in Chicago(10/15/01 & 10/16/01), i'd say it's about even. i personally remember more of the 2nd show because i was drunk during the 1st show.:wink:

I feel that the second nights from SD, Ana & SJ were better but every show was brilliant. It also has a lot to do with perspective. I would enjoy a not so good show more from the ellipse than a great show from the back in the nosebleeds

Last edited:
I saw both Anaheim 1 and SJ 1 and it sounds like 2nd show was better for both. I do have to say SJ 1 was better than Anaheim, they seemed less distracted and more organized.

Night 2 in SD and night 2 in San Jose were definitely better. That's from experience. From the boots, it also appears night 2 has been better.

Back
Top Bottom