What Tours Have You Been To?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:
I saw the second night, from second row, centre :drool: :combust:

(why I didn't go and try to get tickets for the first night, which was released second, if you get what i mean, I'll never know :( )

All I remember of the encore was 40, obviously. I do remember they played lots of War songs of course and cos the crowd had seen UABRS, there were lots of "oi's" etc, just like in the video. (that kinda pissed me off) And they only played A sort of Homecoming off UF (cos they didn't know how ot play yet, and it hadn't been released in Oz at the time)

If I see Reptile around the place (he saw both UF shows :madspit: ) I'll send him round.

Ahh, interesting you mention ASOH, as it's not given for the main set from a bootleg that claims to be of the show. There's quite a few mislabelled UF Tour boots going around. Though I do imagine you got one other UF song - Pride, the single, the only UF song played in Wellington (which has been bootlegged as both Auckland shows too! :lol: ).

I hope reptile can solve the mystery of the sets! I could probably guess them, most likely accurately now that you've added that ASOH tidbit, but a guess is not exactly good enough for me to count as the true set, heh.

Wait, have I read you wrong - do you mean ASOH was in the encore, or the main set?

And I must be the only person in the world who gets a thrill from discovering previously unknown U2 setlists. :nerd:

bono_man2002 said:
ADELAIDE UNFORGETABLE FIRE SETLIST PARTY

Night I:
1.Gloria

Night II:

Last Song : "40"

:hyper:

Hoping for fast cars tonight!

OMG WEAR IZ VIRTIGOO X2??????

timothius said:
Why is Adeladie so bad with recording setlist? Surely the technology of the pen had reached there by the mid-80's.

Brisbane couldn't even manage to record the setlist of its one show. :tsk:

timothius said:

True. And especially with electricity only being connected there at some point in the mid 90's (1994??) it would be difficult to see at night anyway. :yes:

Yeah , they had to run power cables from Victoria to power the Zoo TV Show.

timothius said:
Auckland almost has a perfect setlist/bootleg record does it not. :hyper:

AUCKLAND
Setlists: All known (5/5)
Bootlegs: One UF, one ZooTV, I think just one incomplete from Lovetown (2.5/5)

Overall record: 75%

CHRISTCHURCH
Setlists: All known (3/3)
Bootlegs: Incomplete UF, complete Lovetown and ZooTV (2.5/3)

Overall record: 91 2/3 %

WELLINGTON
Setlists: All known (2/2)
Bootlegs: Both, complete (2/2)

Overall record: 100%

Wellington wins again.

blueeyedgirl said:

I have absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, not at all, to add to this. :|

Oh but you do, you do, you have a setlist! Don't make me hypnotise you to get it. :evil:

:wink:

bono_man2002 said:
Even the live U2 book has no setlist for Brisbane or Adelaide UF shows....just an Attendence.

How many people attended in Brisbane? Seventeen? How many were Kiwi ex-pats? 100%?

Axver said:

How many people attended in Brisbane? Seventeen? How many were Kiwi ex-pats? 100%?

:lmao: Well I can't give THAT specific details.

Brisbane: September 11th 1984 - Festivall Hall
Attendance : 7,000

Adelaide : September 20, 21st - The Apollo Entertainment Centre
Attendence : 10,000 (which counts both nights)

timothius said:
Suerly U2 would have an audio copy of the show somewhere in their archives. :shrug:

I believe they have soundboard copies of every show since the October Tour. I propose we raid their vault.

bono_man2002 said:

:lmao: Well I can't give THAT specific details.

Brisbane: September 11th 1984 - Festivall Hall
Attendance : 7,000

Adelaide : September 20, 21st - The Apollo Entertainment Centre
Attendence : 10,000 (which counts both nights)

17, 7,000, I got one number right - what's a few other digits between friends?

I can't believe they pulled 7,000 in this horrible, uncultured state.

Axver said:

I believe they have soundboard copies of every show since the October Tour. I propose we raid their vault.
I can just picture you, rolling around in the vault, smothered in cassettes and Dats, you little set list slut.

Axver said:

Well instead of all going to play Cricket in New Zealand or whatever your plans are, theres something you can do....

I can just see it now..."A Small New Zealander has been arrested for breaking into U2's Audio Archives...his excuse...."I needed the info to complete my setlist archive"...."

blueeyedgirl said:

I can just picture you, rolling around in the vault, smothered in cassettes and Dats, you little set list slut.

:lmao: :lmao:

blueeyedgirl said:
you little set list slut.

:lmao: That could be prehaps the best description EVER (no offense Axver).....
You should get your status changed from Blue Crack Addict to Set List Slut...:lol:....

(sorry but i found that funny)

bono_man2002 said:

Well instead of all going to play Cricket in New Zealand or whatever your plans are, theres something you can do....

I can just see it now..."A Small New Zealander has been arrested for breaking into U2's Audio Archives...his excuse...."I needed the info to complete my setlist archive"...."

I could get Neil Finn to do it with me after he takes us on a tour of Crowdies locations in Melbourne.

"Two New Zealanders, one a famous musician, have been arrested for breaking into U2's Audio Vault in a desperate quest to discover all the presently unknown concert setlists ..." :happy:

bono_man2002 said:

:lmao: That could be prehaps the best description EVER (no offense Axver).....
You should get your status changed from Blue Crack Addict to Set List Slut...:lol:....

(sorry but i found that funny)

:lmao:

I have no objection to this idea.

:hmm:

Axver said:

I could get Neil Finn to do it with me after he takes us on a tour of Crowdies locations in Melbourne.

"Two New Zealanders, one a famous musician, have been arrested for breaking into U2's Audio Vault in a desperate quest to discover all the presently unknown concert setlists ..." :happy:

:up: :lmao:

Axver said:

That should read: Two New Zealanders, one a famous musician, one a set list slut....."

Back
Top Bottom