Thanks Stranger!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drummerboy

The Fly
Wow... just had a great ticket buying expereince that I had to share... So I decided not to do the U2.com membership and to press my luck with the general sale for Pittsburgh... . I also decided that I was going to get GA tickets, or I wasn't getting them at all. GA or Bust! Well... I got to the ticketmaster outlet, and there were about 20 people there. Crap.

I did get kinda lucky... Just didn't know how lucky yet. I drew number three, which is great, but I still wasn't sure if it was good enough to score GAs, which I had heard are going way fast all over.... so we get to our places in line, and I get to talking to the guy who drew number 2 in front of me. Turns out he's a huge fan, and has seen them 5 or 6 times since the 80s... also missed Elevation, so couldn't wait to see them this time around. However, he was planning to go to the show alone.... which meant he only needed one ticket. Inspiration struck - I gave him $60, so that he could buy one for me as well.... 10:00 came. #1 was buying hre tickets. $95 ones... good - more GAs for me. My new best friend gets up to the window - he gets two. One for me! I go next... YES! they're still available. I get two.... As I'm walking away, I hear the guy behing me try, and all the GAs are gone... seriously - they must have sold out in about 20 seconds. Unbeleivable. Anyways - I don't know if this guy visits the forum here, but if you are out there and you do, my friends and I thank you very very much!

Back
Top Bottom