Texas gets the shaft...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artdirector

Refugee
Sorry people, simply ticked off that Texas has been overlooked on the first leg. Supposively a radio station said they will be here in October. I doubt it.

Thats all.:mad: :mad: :sad: :sad:

Yeah I'm really upset we didn't get at least one date for the 1st leg. I'm sure they'll be here for a few 3rd leg dates.

OK, with the exception of Denver and Chicago, this is a pretty farking coastal city list and a huge disappointment,... No Texas or KC/STL shows?... Get bent... I'll buy my tickets for some show i have no intention of attending and then sell them on ebay... have fun

Some poor bastard in Phoenix will have to move over cus U2 couldn't come to Texas. A well. Apologies in advanced.

Yeah, these dates suck. If you live on the west coast, in Colorado, or in the Northeast, you're golden. I live in Ohio, with Chicago dates only 6 hours away. But that is going to be impossible to get tickets for.

In 2001, U2 sold out 4 shows in Chicago the day of sale. They will most likely do 4 shows in Chicago in May of this year also. However, the difference now is that there are no shows in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri, Michigan, Toronto, Wisconsin or Minnesota. So not only will you have the enormous Chicago fan base struggling for tickets, but fans all over the entire great lakes/midwest region scrambling for these Chicago tickets. All the above listed areas had a show during the first Elevation leg. So tomorrow will be known as Bloody Tuesday, because the battle for Chicago tickets will be fierce and brutal.

Also, 2 shows in Seattle AND 2 shows in Vancouver.... I can't see these selling very well. Too much saturation in an area that is not known as being a big market for U2.

I'm pretty sure we'll get two or more dates in the fall.

Don't forget people, we're lucky they are touring at least. :wave:

EPandAmerica said:
I'm pretty sure we'll get two or more dates in the fall.

Don't forget people, we're lucky they are touring at least. :wave:

Expect 3 shows in Texas.

Dallas - American Airlines Center
Houston- Toyota Center
Austin- Frank Erwin Center OR San Antonio - SBC Center

Although, with this latest craze of multi-night stands, maybe 2 in Houston/2 in Dallas.

Maybe. But I waited two years for the freakin album and now I have to wait a full year for the tour. DAMNIT!

Like I said, Phoenix will have to be the place to for me to crash!

artdirector, Texas was always planned for late October, not for the first leg at all. That original tour intinerary that was leaked in December had dates in Dallas and Houston near the end of October. That will probably still be the time when they do play there, but it could change as they have to reroute that leg to accomodate the cities planned for the first leg but skipped due to Edge's family illness (Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Hartford, Buffalo, Albany).

It's also entirely possible that the third leg will skip the western US, but as that leg was originally going to include Las Vegas, the Bay Area and the L.A. area, they may still be able to fit them in. Since the plan was to use the arena set for Japan and Australia, logistically they would want to end the third leg on the west coast, since all the staging will have to be shipped from there anyway to Japan or Australia. It would be very cost prohibitive to end the third leg in the east, then have to ship all the staging out west to put it on transport ships.

Fellow Texans: Which 1st leg show would be better Phoenix or Denver? Southwest does not fly to Phoenix -- not sure about Denver -- from Dallas because of the stupid Wright Ammendment. Translation: expensive flight! Looks like I might be in for a road trip!

detroit, buffal, toronto area are all screwed!!!! closest show is in New york city or Boston....both 7-8 hours drive if all goes well and lets not forget hotel prices.....so forget it...:mad:

I think everyone who feels screwed should think about why this tour leg is the way it is and feel some empathy for Edge. This whole leg was redesigned to allow him to spend large amounts of time with his family at home in Malibu, thus it is heavy on west coast dates within 2 hours flight from L.A., as well as hitting a few other major markets for U2, so it is not entirely a western US leg.

Anyone who saw the leaked original tour itinerary knows that this leg was meant to cover the country much better than it is now. Texas and Detroit were never intended for the first leg, so we've had over a month to know that. There were no dates planned for Missouri at all, so don't expect them to appear on the third leg. On Elevation, St Louis and Kansas City were only added to the schedule after U2 decided to skip Australia and Japan. Elevation was scheduled to end in the US in Los Angeles on 11/19/01. They then added 2 additional weeks in the US instead of taking the tour oversees and only then did St Louis and KC get their shows.

That's true, I have expressed my sympathy for edge and co.

I'm more mad at the situation than the band or anything like that!

Why couldn't I live in NY...*sigh*:(

I live in San Antonio and am planning to fly to Chicago. The show is on a Saturday night which makes it alot eaiser to go to rather than Phoenix or Denver which are both week night shows.

Don't worry fellow Texans we'll have 3-5 shows in the fall.

Plans for Phoenix for me. I'm from El Paso so I just have to connect and visit family.

And to jedi larry and halup you act you know the whole skoop of the tour with leaks here and there but I think you're full oif sh$%! They were never intending to come to Texas, Detroit etc. HAHAHA.... Don't know where you get your information but I know for a FACT that Austin and Dallas were possible venues they wanted to touch on in the month of March. How do I know? My brother works for Ticketmaster idiots.

Now that I've vented, i wish all these new members who've come in would learn how the forums work.

for cheap non-southwest airfare to phoenix, look to americawest.com. horrible airline, but comparible in price to southwest. we call 'em america worst out here.

artdirector said:
Plans for Phoenix for me. I'm from El Paso so I just have to connect and visit family.

And to jedi larry and halup you act you know the whole skoop of the tour with leaks here and there but I think you're full oif sh$%! They were never intending to come to Texas, Detroit etc. HAHAHA.... Don't know where you get your information but I know for a FACT that Austin and Dallas were possible venues they wanted to touch on in the month of March. How do I know? My brother works for Ticketmaster idiots.

Now that I've vented, i wish all these new members who've come in would learn how the forums work.

I think they were basing there comments on the tour dates originally floating around with the Miami March 1 date NY in March (for St Patricks Day) and Houston (Toyota Center) and Dallas (AAA) in the 3rd leg.

Maybe you didn't see that list? I could probably find it pretty quickly and post it for you. Anyway I think that is where all of the 3rd leg Texas talk is coming from. I'm not saying that list was true or official but it was floating around most sites up until recently.

Rose, I was indeed referring to that list of dates, which is still listed on u2tours.com under their rumor section, dated December 21st. That list appeared to be the real deal as many of the dates listed were matching dates already mentioned through sources connected to arenas, as well as Pollstar, the concert industry bible, had a report talking about the routing of the tour and it matched the direction that was indicated on the leaked dates report. Dates for major tours frequently leak out before an official announcement of them is made.

There was every indication that the entire month of March was spent on the east coast, from Miami on March 1st to Albany on March 28th. Ticketmaster's job is strictly ticket distribution, so generally they are not involved until there is a finalized itinerary that is presented to them by the promoter, in this case TNA, a division of Clear Channel.

As far as not being a Premium Member, why would that make my posts any different? I've been attending U2 concerts since 1985, so I think I have some information to offer which could be helpful to people, whether I pay to become a Premium Member or not.

Last edited:
Hey ramblin rose hows it going? Long Time no see. Yeah I saw the list but those were rumour dates. Just like Edges unfortunate situation, we don't know the whole story and probably never will. So why base comments (rude comments at that) on romours?

So my comments stand as is. By the way, which show are you heading to?

artdirector said:
Hey ramblin rose hows it going? Long Time no see. Yeah I saw the list but those were rumour dates. Just like Edges unfortunate situation, we don't know the whole story and probably never will. So why base comments (rude comments at that) on romours?

So my comments stand as is. By the way, which show are you heading to?

Well, since there's nothing in Texas, the March shows are out (which I probably could have taken off most of the month), I cannot leave work for two of the prime tour weeks in April, nor the week in May that they're going to NJ, I'm shooting for San Diego March 28 & NY May 21 (and if they add any shows to NY I'll probably stick around for those).

That's the plan, I have two memberships so tomorrow I'll be trying for those 4 tickets. On Monday I'll keep my eye out to see if they've added any show in MSG and try to get a couple of tickets to that.

From what I read you're trying for Phoenix. I wish you luck, I think we're all going to need it. :wave:

Yep. Will be getting my second membership today. So I'll have chances for 4 tickets as well. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

I seem to remember an Atlanta date from that leaked list. The venue was even listed, Philips Arena. I just hope we can get a presale.

I wish I could sympathize with you, but living in New Jersey, there are already like 4 shows planned withing short driving distance of me. I can't imagine the disappointment though of living in the south or middle of the country. If I could, I'd fly you all up here to go to Philly with me!:wave: :hug:

Well, knowing how much seeing them this time around means to me, I would be devestated if I couldn't see them. I'm suprised there haven't been riots yet. :shrug:

artdirector, yeah we aren't paying members who pay BY CHOICE and then moan and whine when the official list comes out.

You pay and then complain.

Now that's a real fan..... :sad:

jedi larry are you a fan from the last album who happened to stumble across one of the greatest bands in the world while listening to Britney and Nsync? Probably so.

In any case you can tell a good member from this forum to a temporary or bad member of this forum. You have no profile brother.. so i know you don't plan to stick around. Those of us who do have a profile, have a "good" relationship with one another. After the tour starts, we won't see you in here until the next album comes out and you have the nerve to have an opinion on me? HAHAHAA.. ur funny bro. See U in 2007 when the next album comes out and there u come wanting to be a temporary fan of the group. HAHAHAH...
funny.

I'm disappointed, but I am almost 100% sure that they won't pass over Dallas in the fall.

But when you consider only 13 dates fro NOrth America, for whatever reason illness or not, I guess it stands to reason that our part of the country would get the shaft.

The good news: I have good friends in Denver and it's about a 10 hour drive or a very short flight.

Hopefully, we'll get a St Louis or Kansas City or even Houston. Silly me entertained the thought of an OKlahoma City show, hahaha what a pipe dream that was.

Back
Top Bottom