Sydney 1 Setlist & Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coolian2 said:
So, anyway. Is that confirmed as a wrap?

Probably. No text yet to say gig's over though.

U2_Neat said:
Axver and liamcool, thank you so much for the party, and the drinks...
Axver, have a great time at the show tomorrow... :)

Thank you! :)

Axver said:

Why do you think LAPOE will go somewhere? It's one of only four HTDAAB songs to be played at every Vertigo show (the other three are Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, and COBL).

Not that I think it will but if ABOY comes in it would probably be as a straight swap for something from Vertigo and LAPOE seems like the most likely candidate to me for that.

Thanks Axver (and liamcool) :) Have a great time tomorrow night and the rest

Must say I am sad they seem to have dropped An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart - I was looking forward to that but soooo glad that they will (hopefully) play Kite here in Melbourne.

Don't like the Saints song but may change my mind on hearing it live.

:wave: nite

Axver and liamcool, thank you so much for the party, and the drinks...
Axver, have a great time at the show tomorrow... [/B]

Yes thank you - "see" you tomorrow night, Axver. My 5th U2 show - but first in almost 9 years. (and 1 in Melbourne next week)

I really can't understand why they dropped Miracle Drug, again like in South America?! It's such a powerful song and it goes just perfect with SYCMOYO. I've heard it few times, and I think it deserves to be played, and Bono has a lot to say before he starts to sing it. Maybe on second or third show in Sydney?

Maquaman said:
Not that I think it will but if ABOY comes in it would probably be as a straight swap for something from Vertigo and LAPOE seems like the most likely candidate to me for that.

I think that if they want to bring in ABOY, they will probably discard Saints. After all, that is ABOY's usual setlist position.

gr@cie said:
Must say I am sad they seem to have dropped An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart - I was looking forward to that but soooo glad that they will (hopefully) play Kite here in Melbourne.

Don't like the Saints song but may change my mind on hearing it live.

Saints is fun enough live - I suppose the lack of Green Day helps. :wink:

I really, really wish An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart would return, but it was last played on 27 June 2005 in Dublin. It was amaaaazing when I saw it on 28 May 2005.

bono_man2002 said:
Well have a good one tommrow, what time do you fly out?

I leave just before 10, get into Sydney just after midday. So I imagine it'll be a quick trip to the hotel and then off to the stadium straight away!

The Lalat said:
Yes thank you - "see" you tomorrow night, Axver. My 5th U2 show - but first in almost 9 years. (and 1 in Melbourne next week)

My fifth show too! But my first was only on 24 May 2005.

Are you going GA? As far as I'm concerned, it's the only way to go.

I can't wait to see the pictures - and I am jealous there was dancing with Bono action in Sydney and not in Brisbane. I like that part of the show!

I haven't read all 17 pages, but are they giving the show a good review? Was it as fantastic as it was in Brisbane?

Axver said:

I think that if they want to bring in ABOY, they will probably discard Saints. After all, that is ABOY's usual setlist position.

Saints is fun enough live - I suppose the lack of Green Day helps. :wink:

I really, really wish An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart would return, but it was last played on 27 June 2005 in Dublin. It was amaaaazing when I saw it on 28 May 2005.

I leave just before 10, get into Sydney just after midday. So I imagine it'll be a quick trip to the hotel and then off to the stadium straight away!

My fifth show too! But my first was only on 24 May 2005.

Are you going GA? As far as I'm concerned, it's the only way to go.

Nah - no GA. It's a shame but reserved is just so much easier. I went GA in the two 93 Sydney shows (when I was an 18 year old student and camping out 3 days was no problem. I wound up with my dopey face in the Sydney video during Angel, Stay, Running and WOWY :D)

Axver said:

:hyper: Well Have Fun!

I'm thinking I might get two tickets for Muse next Friday sometime....So if you're still in.

Well folks, fun party! I'll be back later - for now, I need to pack for tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing reviews from people when they get home from the gig! :wave:

greety said:
U2tour:
Das Publikum in Sydney war feuriger als das in Brisbane.

Sydney's crowd was more on fire than Brisbane.

No more comments so far..

My sister just phoned from her way out of the stadium. She's blabby on and giggling and sounding well-chuffed. She was in the stalls and saying everyone around her were going nuts. She said the girl pulled onto the stage got a huge cheer.

Hey Axver? (and others seeing the shows so far)

What do you make of the new Angel of Harlem/Saints are coming/Kite set ending? Does it work live?

Last edited:
So, not only Edge is on fire but also the crowd. Wonderful!
And I am glad Bono pulled a girl up to dance again, I must say I was a little disappointed that he did not do it in Brisbane.

U2girl said:
Hey Axver? (and others seeing the shows so far)

What do you make of the new Angel of Harlem/Saints are coming/Kite set ending? Does it work live?

Yeah, it does. Saints is a better opener of the second encore than ABOY was (though I would still prefer an original U2 song!), Angel Of Harlem is a bit of fun, and Kite is stunningly beautiful and ends the concert very nicely.

liamcool said:

Yeah, he's still on fire, he hit one bum note the entire note (in The Fly)

I've had a bad day, it was a really good gig, but I'm tired and don't really want to talk about it.
sorry to hear that :(

Headache in a Suitcase said:
good to see they decided to mix the setlist up a bit...

I think this will be the first night setlist. Changes will be made on 2nd and 3rd nights (hopefully!:huh: )

Back
Top Bottom