Sydney 1 Setlist & Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I'm predicting Stuck In A Moment in the second encore either instead of or in addition to Angel Of Harlem.

Have they done a 4 song encore on Vertigo before? SIAM into Kite might be a bit too mellow to finish the show I think. If it was going to get a gurnsey I would have predicted mid set - maybe where Yahweh sits but you never know!

Axver said:

I'm predicting Stuck In A Moment in the second encore either instead of or in addition to Angel Of Harlem.
Impossible. They can't end show with 2 slow songs (Stuck+Kite), both from ATYCLB.

Maquaman said:

Have they done a 4 song encore on Vertigo before? SIAM into Kite might be a bit too mellow to finish the show I think. If it was going to get a gurnsey I would have predicted mid set - maybe where Yahweh sits but you never know!

Yeah, some encores (first and second combined) have been eight songs long. In Boston at one show in May last year, they just didn't leave the stage and played one seven-song encore instead of two separate shorter ones.

depe said:

Impossible. They can't end show with 2 slow songs (Stuck+Kite), both from ATYCLB.

Not impossible. It's not any slower than Yahweh/40, or given the new soaring Kite solo, not any slower than OOTS/AIWIY.

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore:
Zoo Station

You know, I'm so used to having setlist parties during the day that it's really weird to be doing this at night!

Edit: have a good one, Lila! :wave:

Axver said:
Not impossible. It's not any slower than Yahweh/40, or given the new soaring Kite solo, not any slower than OOTS/AIWIY.

Yeah but 40 & AIWIY are both huge audience sing along songs which negate their "slowness" as a closer. Kite isn't (yet).

Axver said:

Yeah, some encores (first and second combined) have been eight songs long. In Boston at one show in May last year, they just didn't leave the stage and played one seven-song encore instead of two separate shorter ones.

The Chicago DVD has the OOTS/Yahweh duo

Maquaman said:

Yeah but 40 & AIWIY are both huge audience sing along songs which negate their "slowness" as a closer. Kite isn't (yet).

Stuck's pretty popular though, I'd say it would go down much better than OOTS or 40. And given the reactions to 40 this tour, I think the response to Kite is roughly equal. So I maintain that Stuck/Kite is doable.

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
Love And Peace Or Else
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
One

Encore:
Zoo Station
The Fly

Axver said:

Stuck's pretty popular though, I'd say it would go down much better than OOTS or 40. And given the reactions to 40 this tour, I think the response to Kite is roughly equal. So I maintain that Stuck/Kite is doable.

Definately popular which I why I was surprised they didn't play it in Brisbane especially instead of Yahweh (fits perfectly in that slot I reckon). + would definately get a better reaction than OOTS but maybe not 40 but given that is an unlikely closer probably a moot point.

Maquaman said:

Definately popular which I why I was surprised they didn't play it in Brisbane especially instead of Yahweh (fits perfectly in that slot I reckon). + would definately get a better reaction than OOTS but maybe not 40 but given that is an unlikely closer probably a moot point.

Yeah, I was very much expecting us to get Stuck - I was pretty certain with my prediction that it would be done at every Aussie date, and I felt that bolstered when it was rehearsed on 05/11.

I think Stuck would have received a more enthusiastic response than Yahweh in Brisbane.

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
Love And Peace Or Else
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
One

Encore:
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You

Maquaman said:

Absolutely. Would have stopped my wife complaining half the way home as well LOL

Yeah, but it would have caused me to complain half the way home. :wink:

If there's any U2 song that I find embarrassing, it's Stuck. Some other U2 songs may suck, but (besides One) they usually aren't one of the first songs people think of when you mention U2. People here seem to instantly jump to Stuck though ...

Axver said:

Yeah, I was very much expecting us to get Stuck - I was pretty certain with my prediction that it would be done at every Aussie date, and I felt that bolstered when it was rehearsed on 05/11.

I think Stuck would have received a more enthusiastic response than Yahweh in Brisbane.

I heard Stuck at the Vancouver 3/2005 rehearsals and the song didn't turn up until several months later!!!

Back
Top Bottom