Snow Patrol to support U2 in Europe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, so it's only a couple of gigs they do supporting U2:

* Brussels King Baudouin Stadium (June 10)
* Manchester City of Manchester Stadium (14)
* Dublin Croke Park (24)
* Berlin Olympic Stadium (July 7)
* Paris Stade de France (9)

Which means I will see them in Dublin. Hopefully Amsterdam will have a better act than Kelis four years ago.

yea, Kelis really sucked in Vienna,too!I mean who picks those bands!?!?!
I think Americans are lucky-----KINGS OF LEON is a cool band, i listen to them quite often in my car, truly rockin' stuff! I wish they played Europe,too....Much better than Snow Patrol-- well, that's my oppinion anyhow

Popmartijn said:
Oh, so it's only a couple of gigs they do supporting U2:

* Brussels King Baudouin Stadium (June 10)
* Manchester City of Manchester Stadium (14)
* Dublin Croke Park (24)
* Berlin Olympic Stadium (July 7)
* Paris Stade de France (9)

Which means I will see them in Dublin. Hopefully Amsterdam will have a better act than Kelis four years ago.

LOL - Yeah, U2 really spoiled us rotten with that treat of a support act! Actually, I'm sure Bono is a fan of hers (I guess someone has to be) but he'd be doing us a favour to spare us this time round.

Yeah, I remember her from Manchester too, she's a pretty hot lady, but I don't dig her music. Was really unsuited to warm up a u2 crowd.

Bland, bland, blah, another crappy support band for u2, I've only had one great support act for u2 and that was PJ Harvey at Earls Court on the Elevation Tour.

I bet we get Scissor Sisters in Glasgow, oh God, another disaster! I bet they do a cover version of Lemon or something.

Not too excited about Snow Patrol anyway, so I hope there'll be something better for Oslo. I wouldn't mind Scissor Sisters or The Killers.... ;)

I wish that the Killers had been selected for the whole tour. Kings of Leon? What exactly is great about this band? I lived in Nashville the last couple of years...and yeah...next?

Don't suppose anyone went to the Glasgow SECC gigs during the last tour and witnessed the Cosmic Rough Riders supporting? Such a random crappy band to be supporting U2 they were...I think one of them "knew" the Edge which was why they got the slot.
Hmm...cosmic muff riders would have been a more appropriate name after that performance.

am I the first to say: Superb, I'm going to the Manchester show and this is fantastic news, I love their current album and I'm just discovering some of their other stuff because of it too. :cool:

corner said:
Don't suppose anyone went to the Glasgow SECC gigs during the last tour and witnessed the Cosmic Rough Riders supporting? Such a random crappy band to be supporting U2 they were...I think one of them "knew" the Edge which was why they got the slot.
Hmm...cosmic muff riders would have been a more appropriate name after that performance.

Yeah I was there, totally shocking band, you can tell it was a last minute thing just like the gigs!

awwww was hoping Snow Patrol for Twickenham! grrr london missed out last time when europe got coldplay and we got crappy Kelis! give me Snow Patrol any day! of Franz Ferdinand, I don't care if people think these two bands are over rated its for the support slot not headlining!

what a bomb! said:
of Franz Ferdinand, I don't care if people think these two bands are over rated its for the support slot not headlining!

Now that would be perfect! :D I can't really see them doing it though... ;)

I'm delighted Snow Patrol are support for Manchester. Great band. Begins to make the £85 tickets seem closer to good value.

Incidentally the stuff from Tickettwister says the show starts at 17.30. Is this the "doors open" time. or are there other support bands???

what a bomb! said:
awwww was hoping Snow Patrol for Twickenham! grrr london missed out last time when europe got coldplay and we got crappy Kelis! give me Snow Patrol any day! of Franz Ferdinand, I don't care if people think these two bands are over rated its for the support slot not headlining!

I cant beleive they're not doing Twickenham - it's just not fair!! I wonder when Twickenham support will be announced - it had better be good!!! (although can't imagine much better than Snow Patrol!)
ark

I'm happy with Snow Patrol. But kinda annoying that they are doing both the shows I'm going to (Manchester and Dublin), as I would have liked different bands for each. But ah well at least it ain't a crap support doing both!

Also I think there is a good chance of 2 support acts as it is stadiums and that seems to be the case often (Chilis last year, REM this year).

Doors open in Manchester

RevDerek, my ticket info for Manchester says doors open at 16:00 so I presume Snow Patrol will be on at 17:30??? But not entirely sure. I'm looking forward to seeing Snow Patrol, far better than Kelis, she was rubbish, at least we had plenty of time to go to the bar and bathroom whilst she was playing!!!:happy:

yessssssss

Snow Patrol will do nicely, cant wait now. Still think it will piss down though.

Ill say it as no one else has, Kings of Leon are crap , uncool and over rated. my view anyway.

Re: yessssssss

brianpotter said:
Snow Patrol will do nicely, cant wait now. Still think it will piss down though.

Ill say it as no one else has, Kings of Leon are crap , uncool and over rated. my view anyway.

Wayhey! I'll join you in that opinion, compadre (even if we are the only ones).
It would be quite cool to set up a poll of all the rumoured and confirmed bands e.g. Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon, Scissor Sisters etc. to gauge how popular, from the U2 fans perspectives they'd each be as Support acts for U2.
Is this a good idea and if so...how the feck does one set something like this up?:ohmy:

Ahh, Europe is lucky. I wish Snow Patrol could be the support act here in N.A. . I guess we'll just have to settle for the Lion Kings.

Back
Top Bottom