Rumor on atu2.com about live 8 + L8 Set/Songs Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
enajh2 said:
I just heard U2 soundchecking on BBC News 24 behind a live interview with Richard Curtis!! :hyper: :combust:

Definitely Vertigo. And One's bass line before they cutaway. Could only only just make it out but definitely them.

Also found a mention of there being an enforced 10 minutes per artist...

"Snow Patrol snatch stage time
Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody has revealed they'll be lucky to play more than two songs at this Saturday's Live 8.

The band have been allocated just ten minutes on stage and they want to perform last year's top five single 'Run' which leaves them very little time to do much else.

Gary says the organisers have installed a revolving stage to make sure no one overruns.

"We've actually played on one of those before at a radio festival in America before. They just turn you around, even if you're still playing, they just turn you around. I don't know if they do it to Sir Elton John but they will certainly do it to us if we go over. So everyone has their 10 minutes and that's it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/thelive8event/news/

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Please more than just One!

Shit!! They just had the picture on Bono and Macca rehearsing Sgt Pepper!! Larry on drums.

Now Vertigo :)

live8_rehearsal.jpg

That's all I got. Two stills. One was blurred.

Last edited:
Nope

They have just opened the gates...

Live8_gatesopen1.jpg

Live8_gatesopen2.jpg

Coverage starts at 1pm GMT, concert starts at 2, 73 mins from now :)

Last edited:
enajh2 said:
Shit!! They just had the picture on Bono and Macca rehearsing Sgt Pepper!! Larry on drums.

Now Vertigo :)

live8_rehearsal.jpg

That's all I got. Two stills. One was blurred.

:applaud: Nice work enajh2!!!

You used to be able to watch a realmedia stream of News 24 but all I can find are links to just video of headlines, a couple of mins long.

I had saved the link in Realplayer but the link was to a ram file in my temp files :( Fat lot of good that was because the file isn't there now :rolleyes:

Annie Lennox is soundchecking now...

Live8_annielennox.jpg

Last edited:
i heard them soundchecking vertigo in the background not long after that bit with mccartney was shown on bbcnews24.

i also got a text sayin it'd be vertigo,elevation and BD.....so.....?

Back
Top Bottom