MERGED--> YOUR third leg support shortlist + Most Likely to Open Third Leg...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OAR for sure, i saw them and they are incredible, they also came onto to the stage with Beautiful Day playing, and then they played Sunday Bloody Sunday during their show. That would be an incredible show

i'm suprised no one mention Kasabian yet!

other choices:

The Killers
The Bravery
Oasis

I think the oasis/Kasabian/Jet triple bill in sept/oct would rule out the possibilty of them opening up for u2.

maybe in november or december.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
I think the oasis/Kasabian/Jet triple bill in sept/oct would rule out the possibilty of them opening up for u2.

u2fp

i never heard about that bill! that would be excellent!

U2FanPeter said:

u2fp

Yeah, I have tickets to the Vancouver show. Tour of the year as far as I'm concerned (sorry U2)

Wow--Bob Dylan. :hmm:

If he's forgiven Bono for "All Along the Watchtower," he might just do it. He puts on an amazing live show. I saw him most recently in November, and he rocked.

A paraphrased in-concert quote from Dylan circa 1990:

"U2's been doing this song recently, here are the correct words"

I also know that Dylan was pissed about something Bono said about him in an interview. Nothing mean, but advice that was intended to be a private conversation.

Dylan's also opened for the Stones, and swapped headlining duties on Paul Simon and Van Morrison tours.

u2fp

mikal said:
i'm suprised no one mention Kasabian yet!

I saw Kasabian open up for The Music a couple months ago and they were amazing!!! I'm seeing them on their headlining tour here in a few weeks, then see them on the Oasis tour, so I guess I'd probably rather see someone else. Hell, why not The Music?

I'm sure some of these aren't even remote possibilites, but hey, a girl can dream:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
The White Stripes
Beck
Franz Ferdinand
The Zutons
Doves
Travis
The Walkmen

Most Likely to Open Third Leg...

So, as it may be closer than it seems, the third leg still has no official opening acts. Now, I am asking those of you who are more in the know about things like this, who is MOST LIKELY to open the shows on the third leg here in North America?

I don't really care who you all WANT to open, because that's when things really get crazy and nothing is realyl accomplished. But, what acts seem reasonable as possible openers for U2? I doubt the Kings will open again, or at least I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom