MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie promoter releases statement

Michael Coppell has just released a statement on his website www*coppell*com minutes ago about the cancellation of the tour.... It is as follows:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:9th March 2006
U2's Vertigo '06: Final 10 Dates Postponed

It is with great regret that The Next Adventure and Michael Coppel announce the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 Tour. This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band.

The effected dates are listed below."Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly', said TNA President Arthur Fogel. 'We will announce further details as soon as we have them."

The affected shows - which are all sold out - are:

March 17 & 18 AUCKLAND Ericcson Stadium
March 21 BRISBANE Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
March 24 & 25 MELBOURNE Telstra Dome
March 28 ADELAIDE AAMI Stadium
March 31 & April 1 SYDNEY Telstra Stadium
April 4 YOKOHAMA Nissan Stadium
April 8 HONOLULU Aloha Stadium

Let's just hope the families are alright
6.gif

GibsonGirl said:

Holy shit, man, this could quite possibly be about a little girl who has cancer, and all you're concerned about is the dent in your plans?

I think we all want their family to be okay and well. That's a given but I guess what people, especially those from Perth are saying is that those going from here to the Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane concerts are having to travel over 4000km to see them and unfortunately, it is not a $Aus59.00 air fare. You're looking at more likely $1000.00 plus to see one concert. Most people will be travelling on cheap flights and there is no refund for cancellation.

I don't think people are actually being selfish, more very disappointed and in shock because it the first Aus concert was only a few weeks away.

A bit of compassion both ways would be nice.

I don't fucking believe it.

There goes money down the fucking sewer, money I barely fucking had anyway, I could've put that to so much fucking better use.

Well, even if U2 do reschedule this, I won't be able to see them in New Zealand, I won't be able to see them anywhere but Brisbane. What a total fucking fiasco.

Brown Shark said:
Yeah sounds like Sept/October might be "the second coming"of the Vertigo tour!

Well, that's a bit fucking redundant for those of us now with useless airfares and hotel accommodation.

Tania said:

I think we all want their family to be okay and well. That's a given but I guess what people, especially those from Perth are saying is that those going from here to the Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane concerts are having to travel over 4000km to see them and unfortunately, it is not a $Aus59.00 air fare. You're looking at more likely $1000.00 plus to see one concert. Most people will be travelling on cheap flights and there is no refund for cancellation.

I don't think people are actually being selfish, more very disappointed and in shock because it the first Aus concert was only a few weeks away.

I know, and I do feel bad for everyone who's affected. I know I would have been disappointed if the one U2 show I saw had been cancelled (and believe me, it cost a lot more than 1000 AUS dollars to get there.) But to say "get well soon, blah blah blah blah" is a little ridiculous.

guys... i guess i am just a bit tense. have been planning this for over a year now, and to have it taken away is very frustrating, surely you can all understand this. I hope whomever it is gets better soon and i was not attacking the person or the band... im just a bit on edge at the moment

Wow....assuming it's Edge's daughter, I'd give every dime i spent on this trip if she could be ok. I feel horrible for everyone affected....so much work has gone into so many endeavors.....

Guys, it's called a raincheck. Your concert tickets will still be good for whenever they reschedule you show or if not they'll give you your money back.
I've had a concert cancelled for a hurricane once and they rescheduled, accepted the old tickets and apologized for it several times during the show.
They will more than make up for it, I promise.
U2 doesn't leave their fans out in the dust.

lcfcok said:
i cant believe this... get well soon blah blah blah but this leaves alot of people out of pocket, i gave flights from perth! plus, i only get 2 weeks holiday a year, quite frankly im pissed

I believe this is a bit more than get well soon blah, blah, blah - they toured last spring when this illness was newly dx but have made the difficult decision not to tour now - something is seriously wrong

I'm in the same boat you are with tickets to Hawaii but I could really care less at this point. Hawaii is still Hawaii. The main point is that they are there for whoever is ill

I'm disappointed I wont see them on St Paddys Day, but it's totally understandable if a family member's really ill.

I'll just need to rearrange my flights, which should be rather easily done (I hope!)

Axver said:

Well, that's a bit fucking redundant for those of us now with useless airfares and hotel accommodation.

Before you start claiming "dirty FUCK" to everything, try calling the airline and the hotel and explaining the situation. There's no point in getting mad over it now, what's done is done. Try to fix it and stop whining, HONESTLY.

They'll either
A) Give you your money back (or partial money)
B) Offer you a raincheck
C) Future discounts you can use later, if you still want to go.
D) Say "dirty fuck" right back at you. And then in that case your problem isn't with U2 but the companies themselves.

Tania said:

Nice post. :up:

Naturally I totally feel for the band and the families, this is a terrible, terrible thing that we have no control over. The only thing we have control over I suppose is trying to get out of some tickets/accomm we have booked - and naturally that is what most people are focusing on. I hope everyone at least tries to explain there way out of these things - you might even be able to get a delay on these things, you never know your luck. And of course I more than hope that the ill person returns to full health. :up:

nurse chrissi said:

I believe this is a bit more than get well soon blah, blah, blah - they toured last spring when this illness was newly dx but have made the difficult decision not to tour now - something is seriously wrong

I'm in the same boat you are with tickets to Hawaii but I could really care less at this point. Hawaii is still Hawaii. The main point is that they are there for whoever is ill

:up:

PlaTheGreat said:
Guys, it's called a raincheck. Your concert tickets will still be good for whenever they reschedule you show or if not they'll give you your money back.
I've had a concert cancelled for a hurricane once and they rescheduled, accepted the old tickets and apologized for it several times during the show.
They will more than make up for it, I promise.
U2 doesn't leave their fans out in the dust.

Yes, because that will totally cover hotels and airfares too. :|

Even if they do a raincheck and issue us with new tickets for later concerts, I'll have to fucking sell the lot except Brisbane.

lcfcok said:
i cant believe this... get well soon blah blah blah but this leaves alot of people out of pocket, i gave flights from perth! plus, i only get 2 weeks holiday a year, quite frankly im pissed

Sorry but you're a selfish prick, if that's how you feel.

I wouldn't blame Edge for not giving a shit about people like you being out of pocket, although he probably does as the decision "wasn't taken lightly."

That is of course, assuming it is Sian who is ill.

wow, there's nothing like family illness & shows being postponed to bring entitlement whores out of the woodwork.

here's a tip to those bitching about it, just don't like music, okay?

because, y'know, real life issues (like family illness) are always going to crop up every now and then and i'd hate to think of the sheer mental anguish you might go through if another band you like has to postpone for any reason.

on that thought, you probably shouldn't like music and books and games either, because release dates get pushed back all the time.

...maybe you should just sit in the corner and stare at the wall.

and yes, i know you spent money on airfares & accommodation, etc. and it makes me really, really sad that people would react like this when the band's clearly had a legitimate reason for doing it, and you know what? they wouldn't have done it if it wasn't serious.

that being said, i hope whichever family member it is (and i hope so much it's not sian) gets better soon and the boys can pick up where they left off with rescheduled dates.

jackbauer said:

Sorry but you're a selfish prick, if that's how you feel.

I wouldn't blame Edge for not giving a shit about people like you being out of pocket, although he probably does as the decision "wasn't taken lightly."

That is of course, assuming it is Sian who is ill.

Look, if it is Edge's daughter, why can't he go home and Dallas or a session guitarist take his place?

I'd rather see U2 with someone replacing Edge than not see them at all.

PlaTheGreat said:

Before you start claiming "dirty FUCK" to everything, try calling the airline and the hotel and explaining the situation. There's no point in getting mad over it now, what's done is done. Try to fix it and stop whining, HONESTLY.

They'll either
A) Give you your money back (or partial money)
B) Offer you a raincheck
C) Future discounts you can use later, if you still want to go.
D) Say "dirty fuck" right back at you. And then in that case your problem isn't with U2 but the companies themselves.

Exactly.

There is a 95% chance person at the call centre where you call either:

a) will have been going to one of the concert
b) will know a close friend/family member who was going to the concert

and they are going to be totally sympathetic toward your situation and will try and help you as best you can. You might have to pay a $100 penalty fee or somthing, big deal... its better than tearing up $1000.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I have a very strong feeling it is. Who else could it be? :sad: :sad:

PRAYERS GO OUT THEM!:heart:

I heard rumblings it's Larry's dad, either way, my thoughts are with them all.

Axver said:

Look, if it is Edge's daughter, why can't he go home and Dallas or a session guitarist take his place?

I'd rather see U2 with someone replacing Edge than not see them at all.

I completely understand your frustration, but are you fucking serious?

the fact that they had to do this with the next show still 9 days out is rather scary. Just my .02, but I'd want no part of U2 live with anyone not named Bono,Edge, Adam and Larry....

and here i was going to come on here and brag that i only have 2 weeks till c them! noo If they decide to come back in april wen i am in another country..i will be on the 1st plane home

And Interference implodes. This is merely the quiet before the storm.

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom