MERGED --> Single Tickets + Who's goin solo to the gig(s)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKU2

Babyface
Single Tickets

The Good News - Im off to see U2 in Denver on the 20th April.

The Not So Good News - I will be going on my own.

I live in England, but will be in Cincinnati with my wife during part of April, and so tried my luck for tickets for the Denver show. All I managed to get was a single seated ticket. (I took what I could get ). Since then I have no luck in obtaining any further tickets in the general Denver sale or for any of the UK shows.

I am very grateful just to be in the building, but like many here feel let down by the pre sale, and the fact that one seat has cost almost $220 ($160 seat + surcharges + $40 u2.com fee)

How many other people here have had to settle for 1 ticket, and are now having to go to the show on their own, when really they would have liked 2 tickets. I am thinking about contacting Ticketmaster in view of recent events, to see if there is the possibility of obtaining another ticket, but on the otherhand perhaps I should be grateful I am going at all.

PS - I have a very understanding wife!

Good Luck MKU2. Let us know what they tell you.

I had all kinds of problems with the presale and the general on sale for the Chicago shows, and Ticketmaster didn't offer any compensation. I received the standard letters of supply and demand.

But my advice is to keep trying to get one ticket through the website, they throw handfuls of tickets out at a time up until the show date. You might get lucky! :up:

I would've liked a second ticket.........I could've at least sold another GA to a fan if I had one and there was nobody to take....unfortunately, I had the same sort of problem as you....I got a good seat for SJ 1 after the GAs were gone but it cost me $177 + $40 (that we paid for U2.com).......so by the time SJ 2 rolled around, I only had enough for a single GA. Yeah, it's lame that I have to go all by myself to San Jose (a very long trip when you don't drive), but I'm thankful I'll be going to both shows.

every ticket i got was a single ticket...good thing u2 fans are so friendly because at these shows i will be all by my lonesome.

I'm attending LA1 (Sec 115 - behind the stage), NJ1 (GA!!!) and MSG (Sec 345 the crappiest of nosebleeds - thanks to u2.com presale, UGH!) all on my own...anyone else going to the same shows solo?

I go to concerts all by myself a lot. Five of the six Elevation shows were on my own and I loved it!

Of course, I wanted to go alone. If you don't want to go alone, it can suck. But you'll meet other fans to talk to, so it won't be too lonesome.

I had the same problem! I wanted to get 4 tickets to MSG for me and my sister and some friends, but I was only able to get one. I went with singles after searching for groups wasn't working...I got one and tried for 90 minutes to get another one but to no avail.
My brother tried seperately because he wanted GA and he was unable to get any. I know I'm lucky to have gotten one, but at the same time I feel horrible that no one else can go. Tough ticket...probably the toughest I've ever gotten.

I think I'll try to get another one...somehow...for my little brother.
Is anyone selling an MSG ticket? I'll pay up to 70 bucks for a cheap seat.

--Jeremy

Going alone as well. I was supposed to be buying for 2 friends, but after getting shut out several times on the presale and the like I got frustrated and just wanted tickets for myself. If they really wanted to go they should've lost as much sleep as I did trying to get tickets....

I

I'm going solo to both San Jose shows - none of my loser friends like U2 - and have gone solo to the last 4 tours. It's really not that big of a deal if you have reserved seat. It's a bit of a challenge when you have GA because you don't have anyone to save a spot for you in line or on the floor. But U2 fans are cool and you can usually meet folks that will save spots for you.

Solo here too but sometimes it is good because U2 fans are a special kind of fan. We are friendly and crazy but never lonely at a U2 concert.

:wave:

Shawn Bonneau said:
Going alone is good. I find that you can really dig the music more that way.

SMB

I agree - I've only seen U2 once with another person and that was only because this person enjoys U2 *almost* as much as I do. I much prefer going solo.

I am going solo to Denver... I went alone to the Brooklyn show and obviously had a blast :wink:

No worries!

jammin909 and sortofhomecoming, I'll be at the philly also on 5/14. I'm not going alone but I'll meet up with you losers :wink:
just kidding, it would be cool to me up with other fans though. I'm going alone to Chicago and the madison square garden show.
My MSG ticket is so awful, its like behind the stage in the last row of the building. But I had to get in there to see the band play in NY, alone and whichever seat possible.

Another to the list whose going solo., but I love meeting new people at concerts, always a cool vibe.

I'm excited because I'm going to 2 chicago shows right now, lookin for 5/7 and 5/10 tickets so if anybody has any leads.

Cook county boy going home to see his boys.

I'm going at it alone in Dublin. None of my friends are willing to pay the price to go watch em, never mind go travel too. I don't mind though cos I have been gigs before and to be honest it doesn't make much difference once the gig itself starts.

Who's goin solo to the gig(s)?

I am to the Philly shows, not "technically" as I have a lot of friends going but we're scattered all over the arena on both nights. It was just so hard getting pairs to one show and my lady friend has consults on the weekends so she can't go :( plus she doesnt care for U2 anyway lol.

nonetheless Ive been to quite a few gigs on me own, I like it for shows like this because I can do fuck all I want to so if I want to sit on my ass all day waiting for the doors to open (sneaking away occasionally for a big fat joint) I dont mind.

Hope to meet some of ya cunts on the line :wink:

Loner

I think it's possible that there are more "loners" at U2 shows than at any other concerts. But, as someone else already said, I don't think you're ever alone at a U2 show.

I'm going with my other 1/2 on 5/9, but I'm on my own for 5/10 and 5/12. Actually got the best ticket of the whole series on 5/12.

I got GA for both of my nights so Im well chuffed.

I think the lady is gonna get off on the 5/22, I just love having someone to hold during the slow songs lol.

Other than that though, if any of you guys/gals are up for getting together before,during or after the gig we should set something up for Philly!

Back
Top Bottom