MERGED --> 10am local time? + "Local Time"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fmattyh

Acrobat
"Local Time"

Presale starts at 10am local time. Does this mean 10am for the time zone you're in - i.e. for the location you specified when you registered for U2.com? Or 10am for the concert venue?

Cuz I'm in Michigan but buying tickets for Chicago. And since I will be out of town Tuesday I need to know what time to tell my buddy to snag tickets for me under my ID. :)

you'd want to wait until 10am PST which would be 1pm EST

10am local time refers to the location of the show.

If you're going to a NY show too you're kind of in luck, those likely wont be on presale Tues since they've been flopped to the end of the first leg rather than the first month. The west coast dates will assuredly be though.

call TM and ask them as that is a good question. It doesn't hurt to get up a couple hours early at 10am your time just to be sure.

isabelle_guns said:
call TM and ask them as that is a good question. It doesn't hurt to get up a couple hours early at 10am your time just to be sure.

If its 10am local time, none of the west coasters will be on there until 1pm EST. If he was able to get tickets at 10am EST thats 3 hours earlier than the people on the west coast even have thier links available.

edgerulz said:
i'm just getting nervous and was hoping to ease my mind. i'm still going to try at 10 EST to get west coast tickets. thanks

You're not going to get them, how fair would that be? That would mean that someone in LA could get up at 7am and get tickets for their show. It's logic!

bonosleftone said:

If you're going to a NY show too you're kind of in luck, those likely wont be on presale Tues since they've been flopped to the end of the first leg rather than the first month. The west coast dates will assuredly be though.

I don't know about that ... I don't believe it's the END of the first leg at all :eyebrow:

one4u2 said:

I don't know about that ... I don't believe it's the END of the first leg at all :eyebrow:

Well considering they're supposedly ending the 1st leg in Boston in May I could see many of the East Coast dates being towards the end of the 1st leg.

usually it's 10 am at the venue time on TM. But maybe, hope not, they're doing it 10 am PST for every venue in the U.S.? That would mean TM would crash instantly.

Its 10 am in your time zone. I remember last tour when buying tickets from ticketmaster they didn't go onsale until 10 am where I was at so if you live in New York I can buy tickets at 9 A.M. my time for an east coast show. In other words if you live west of NY you can get tickets for the show at Madison square garden early (morning that is) but not before anyone else. Hope that makes sense.

You know where it benefits is people living in NY. They can get their tickets first and then go hour by hour to get the rest of the countries.

It is the local time of the venue, NOT the local time where your at. Ticketmaster "turns on" the availablity to everyone worldwide at the same time. So for San Diego, the page will change at 10AM PST. If you go on at 10AM EST/7:00AM PST, the page will show "Tickets not available yet", likewise, if I want Boston/NYC tickets (I'm on the west coast), I would go on at 7AM PST, and they would show up.

Back
Top Bottom