Looking back... Was Milan the right choice for the DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanB said:
Ok let's end this.

I just spoke to Bono. He said Italy and Holland are his favorite countries. They are so special he can't decide between them

He hates the United States.

He'll try and play Australia.

He won't go to New Zealand because the band only plays in real countries.
This is what we in Holland call a "dooddoener"...

As I don't see any smilies, you must be serious about your comment... Sad :eyebrow:

DanB said:
Ok let's end this.

I just spoke to Bono. He said Italy and Holland are his favorite countries. They are so special he can't decide between them

He hates the United States.

He'll try and play Australia.

He won't go to New Zealand because the band only plays in real countries.

He hates the US?????:huh:

What lenghts our favourite singer goes through to torture himself for new inspiration is beyond imagination...he is there ALL the time..You gotta love him!

:hug:

sraphim said:
what's that? :huh:
plat·i·tude (plural plat·i·tudes)

noun

Definitions:

1. banal statement: a pointless, unoriginal, or empty comment or statement made as though it was significant or helpful

But a "dooddoener" is normally made with the intention to end a discussion... So that would make : a pointless, unoriginal, or empty comment or statement (with the intention to end a discussion or arguement) made as though it was significant or helpful :wink:

Last edited:
it is no good saying that u2 should not have released a dvd of a show because there were better ones. They can't record the "better shows" after they have happened. They need to decide on a show before hand for logistical/cost reasons and for asthetic reasons and then put everything in place. it takes time to organise a DVD shoot and costs a lot of money.

My idea why Milan was chosen over Holland was that the stage was at the side not the end so the crowd was closer and higher which will look better on the DVD.

The idea that U2 sit in a room and say "the italian fans will look better that the dutch fans" or vice versa is ridiculous.

As for what stadia they choose to play in; it is equally ridiculous to say that U2 have wanted to play San Siro for 15 or however many years. As people have already said, U2 will go wherever the promoter who has promised them the most money tell them to go.

A U2 tour is a money making enterprise. They are not in it to reward fans or "thank" them for being loyal. at the end of the day it is down to £$ and nothing else.

Last edited:
thornton said:
it is no good saying that u2 should not have released a dvd of a show because there were better ones. They can't record the "better shows" after they have happened. They need to decide on a show before hand for logistical/cost reasons and for asthetic reasons and then put everything in place. it takes time to organise a DVD shoot and costs a lot of money.

My idea why Milan was chosen over Holland was that the stage was at the side not the end so the crowd was closer and higher which will look better on the DVD.

The idea that U2 sit in a room and say "the italian fans will look better that the dutch fans" or vice versa is ridiculous.

As for what stadia they choose to play in; it is equally ridiculous to say that U2 have wanted to play San Siro for 15 or however many years. As people have already said, U2 will go wherever the promoter who has promised them the most money tell them to go.

A U2 tour is a money making enterprise. They are not in it to reward fans or "thank" them for being loyal. at the end of the day it is down to £$ and nothing else.
I don't want to say too much to this before the whole discission will start all over again, but the Amsterdam Arena is perfect for filming a stadium gig... Bon Jovi did it, The Stones did it... Because of the roof, the intimate setting, the black backdrops, the suspended PA and lighting... That's why I really expected Amsterdam (not because that they love Holland or something)...

zwervers2 said:

He hates the US?????:huh:

What lenghts our favourite singer goes through to torture himself for new inspiration is beyond imagination...he is there ALL the time..You gotta love him!

:hug:

Yes he says he hates the United States. He just wants our money. When he plays here he's really wishing he was in Amsterdam or Milan.

And he hates that we are always using dooddoeners;)

U2 have wanted to play San Siro for 15 or however many years

for the last time: they DID ask to have SanSiro, but people in charge of that stadium wouldn't let them, for political reasons. enough said :wink:

Neilz said:

I don't want to say too much to this before the whole discission will start all over again, but the Amsterdam Arena is perfect for filming a stadium gig...

I asked Bono about this, He said it is true..

sraphim said:
or the last time: they DID ask to have SanSiro, but people in charge of that stadium wouldn't let them, for political reasons.

He said this was also true.

DanB said:

I asked Bono about this, He said it is true..

He said this was also true.

if bono said it then it must be true because everything bono says turns out to be true

Perhaps I should not be so sarcastic. I have been to Italy and Holland they are both beautiful countries.

As a matter of fact my wife is Dutch-American. Which means she is a neatness freak...

but doesn't leave the world's biggest tips :wink:

DanB said:
Perhaps I should not be so sarcastic. I have been to Italy and Holland they are both beautiful countries.

As a matter of fact my wife is Dutch-American. Which means she is a neatness freak...

but doesn't leave the world's biggest tips :wink:

giving Tips is SOOOOOOOOO overrated!:wink:

zwervers2 said:
I'm a pretty generous tipper for a dutchman:wink: but only if it was very good.
If the catering industry in Holland would ask the same kind of prices as they do in the States I would tip more...

I didn't know Dutch people were known for not giving tips :ohmy:
people of the Italian region I live in, Liguria, are known for the same reason... ask about Genoese people, they'll tell you we're tightfisted as hell :sexywink: :giggle:

Last edited:
sraphim said:
I didn't know Dutch people were known for not giving tips :ohmy:
people of the Italian region I live in, Liguria, are known for the same reason... ask about Genoese people, they'll tell you we're tightfisted as hell :sexywink: :giggle:

Then maybe you should go to the World Tipping Championships and battle it out with the Canadians for last place.:wink:

LoL im still laughing over danb 's post about them not playing new zealand because they dont htink its a real country :lol: that should get some people going ,axver probably doesnt read this thread

Back
Top Bottom