Ideas for next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcurt777

The Fly
Hmm, here's one I just thought of:
Right before the Bullet solo, Bono runs over to Edge and pulls his beanie over his eyes and nose, and Edge runs/walks around the (fill in the blank...ellipse possibly?) just wailing. It would be similar to Bono pulling the blindofold over his eyes from this tour, only more dominate.

I think they should lower the lights before the show starts and start playin "Numb" from backstage...maybe show Edge's face...similar to the video...on one of the screen's....with maybe the words for the song flashing on the other screens. They can the seque into their opening song...whatever that may be...probably from the new album and they make their way on stage.

Just a thought.

I liked one of the proposals for the Pop tour.

The concept was U2 playing in the round in stadiums with fully contained stages - plus a couple of 'rolling rigs' that are basically mobile big screens. The original plan was for it to be called U2000 and each night they'd do a fake countdown and sing 'New Years Day'.

So I say drop the countdown, make the stage a screen - like the Grammy Awards used a few years ago, and take a stadium show in the orund out on the road. It will enable huge audience figures, and the adaptability of the visuals on the stage screen could make for an awesome visual appearance. Problem is you'd need to be high in the stadium to get the full effect - but then again they could also use existing stadium screens and have other visual aids.

The current tour hasn't finished yet and you're starting to think about the next one, which obviously will take place in 3 or 4 years. Ya'll are mad!! :wink:

bcurt777 said:
Hmm, here's one I just thought of:
Right before the Bullet solo, Bono runs over to Edge and pulls his beanie over his eyes and nose, and Edge runs/walks around the (fill in the blank...ellipse possibly?) just wailing. It would be similar to Bono pulling the blindofold over his eyes from this tour, only more dominate.

no more bullet :no:

I reckon they could pull off the double album again. This talk of remixing POP and now hip hop, why not do two seperate cd's one electronic/experimental and one rock? That way it covers all areas of fans, they make double the profits and allows them to incorporate new/old electronic & new/old rock tracks for the tour, hell with the money they make from the two cd releases it could fund another zootv or popmart world tour...

Bullet was one of the key songs in each of the last two tours. I think it has to stay. It is way too versatile. Edge's solo during bullet this tour was priceless.

I would like to see a video screen circling the entire field of the stadium, maybe built right from the stadium field to the outer wall at a 45 degree angle. If you can string together 12,000 lights to make a see-through video screen, then there should be some way today to make a flexible video wall that can adapt to different stadiums. It would be visible to everyone and you could run entire sentences around the stadium not to mention maybe a 150 reel slot machine before Zoo Station. :drool:

I also like the idea of making the stage a video wall. However that is not a new idea - McCartney had one at the Super Bowl last year and you already mentioned the Grammy's.

I also was thinking they could put a small stage on a hydraulic lift and Bono could be lifted up to sing eye-to-eye to people in the upper decks or maybe Edge playing guitar, etc).

Oh and what about a spaceship to descend into the stadium to drop off Edge? ;)

And 360 degree surround sound would be nice.

Bono can be attached to a wire and be thrown into the crowd dressed as a Dead Cowboy

o wait...Bon Jovi has already done that :lol:

Read this: some lines from Willie's diary a few days ago..

(quote)"Spent the morning in the room working on show stuff and putting some thought into some longer term ideas about future U2 tours. This sounds a bit dramatic, but there’s no better time to discuss live shows with the band than when we are in the thick of a tour. Right now it’s a very real, tangible subject, rather than the vague memory that it will be by the time we start the design process for the next time round. I’ve no idea where we’ll head next, but its interesting to think about, so I may as well make the most of having access to the whole band every day."(quote)

......nice, now isn't it?

there will probably not be a tour as good as this one. or a new tour at all for that matter. they have maybe 2 more decent albums left before unfortunately they write that bad album and decide its time to pack up the pick and mullet.

it was a great run though...

I was just trying to think of what songs might be played/revived next tour...along with 7 or 8 new songs here's a kick at what would be a pretty cool list of songs:

Boy: Out of Control, Electric Co.
October: October
War: nothing unless they do SBS and NYD again.
The Unforgettable Fire: Bad, Unforgettable Fire, Wire, A Sort of Homecoming.
The Joshua Tree: In God's Country, Streets, Exit, One Tree Hill
Rattle and Hum: God Part II, Hawkmoon, Desire (full band)
Achtung Baby: Ultra Violet, Wild Horses, EBTTRT, One
Zooropa: Dirty Day, Lemon, The Wanderer
Pop: Last Night On Earth, Please, Discotheque, Mofo, Gone
ATYCLB: Beautiful Day, Walk On
HTDAAB: Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, Original, One Step Closer, Love and Peace
Misc: Electrical Storm

The giant inflatable pissing baby float, that would urinate all over audience members from high above the floor.
They need to bring back that rejected ZooTV idea. Stat.

Back
Top Bottom