I have a feeling that Kayne West is going to be booed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who the hell goes to a u2 show to see the opener anyways?

if you don't like him, don't watch him. go get a few more pints, or simply stay in the parking lot/bar a few minutes extra.

you're paying to see u2 anyways, not kanye west/keane/whoever the hell else they through out there... why be a poo poo fart head and sit in the stands and boo an opening act when you can just as easily be doing something else.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Public Enemy, straight outta Long Island, is made up of Chuck D and... FLAAAAAAAAAVA FLAAAAAAAV

sorry... i had to do it.

Flavor Flav KNOW what time it is....:wink:

gabrielvox said:

Totally agree. He's like the U2 of rap to me right now. ie WAKE UP PEOPLE look at the world we live in, what we've become!

And K-OS :wink:

I just saw K-OS last night at the Feist concert in Toronto......K-OS was so chilling...

theu2fly said:
Somehow rap doesn't belong with U2's catagory...

If Kelis was an opener, and the review weren't that good, chances are Kayne isn't great either.

Opening acts start at 7:40 or so, they play for about 45 minutes or so, U2 takes the stage around 9... do yourself a favor and skip this, what a drag. :huh:

Why do you have a feeling he's going to be booed? Obviously you're projecting your own tastes... If you don't like Kanye West, that's fine, that's your right, but what boring musical taste you must have.

U2FanPeter said:
In 1987, what type of reaction did The Dalton Brothers receive?

Were they ever booed?

u2fp

I think they were booed by a few folks...read that in Pimm's U2 Live I think, and I think you can hear some booing on one of the LA '87 recordings (the aud, not the soundboard one).

i thought it was interesting when he won an award for Jesus walks, and proceeded to thank everyone but Jesus.

his music is great, but he needs to learn some selfcontrol.

scottyT said:
i thought it was interesting when he won an award for Jesus walks, and proceeded to thank everyone but Jesus.

I find that refreshing. Attention to all award winners: God and/or Jesus does not care that you won a shiny, heavy paperweight.

:wink:

I guess let me evaluate on what I have said...

Most of the people who go to U2 concerts are mainly between 18-45, and most of them don't like rap, atleast from what I have gathered...

WildHoneyAlways said:
There is no way for you to know that.
And even if you did, what would make you think that these people would boo??

Well, I guess theu2fly just browsed this board and realized that most U2 fans are idiots :wink:

theu2fly said:
I guess let me evaluate on what I have said...

Most of the people who go to U2 concerts are mainly between 18-45, and most of them don't like rap, atleast from what I have gathered...

So people in their twenties and thirties dislike rap? As someone in their mid-twenties I can say that is the farthest thing from the truth. It's a genre that has been around for nearly 30 years, I can't remember a time when rap music WASN'T around. Perhaps many people on the older end of the U2 fan spectrum aren't fans, but would they be fans of any of the other newer artists U2 would showcase?

The only reason I could see Kanye getting booed would be because some people are still pissed about the Katrina comments. U2 have had much worse opening acts and in my experience people have just ignored them.

The only reasons Kanye West will get booed or heckled is if he gets onstage and starts a alcohol/drug-induced rant on Bush that lasts 5 minutes OR if he says something like "Why did all you red-state morons vote for that dumbass Bush?". Otherwise it's not going to happen. Above all, most people that live in the midwest are polite and if they are going to see U2 they more than likely aren't going to have a problem with Kanye or his music.

corianderstem said:

I find that refreshing. Attention to all award winners: God and/or Jesus does not care that you won a shiny, heavy paperweight.

:wink:

i'd say it would be fine to not thank God or Jesus, but when the song is about God and or Jesus, it just seems to follow that you might make mention of that.

that being said i enjoy his music, but his politics and drugged out ramages are kind of ummm, blah.

rampages. "drugged out" was wrong of me to say i don't know that. i didn't mean drugs, i meant to imply incoherency. i appologize for any misconceptions.

i suck at spelling. look up his tirade on toronto radio, or whatever the heck he was babbling about on the katrina benefit.

i think he has massive potential, i don't want this to be seen as me bashing him. i just hope he holds it together and gets things done properly. the dude's got boatloads of talent.

Yeah, and when you look up his 'tirade in Toronto' try to understand the entire context and what 'urban' radio in Toronto is really like.

He was BANG on and had every reason to get pissed at FLOW.

Dont even get me started lol

Headache in a Suitcase said:
who the hell goes to a u2 show to see the opener anyways?

if you don't like him, don't watch him. go get a few more pints, or simply stay in the parking lot/bar a few minutes extra.

you're paying to see u2 anyways, not kanye west/keane/whoever the hell else they through out there... why be a poo poo fart head and sit in the stands and boo an opening act when you can just as easily be doing something else.

well, that assumes you have seats; many of us have GA and need to stand through the opener to hold on to our oh-so-precious spots. trust me, that's the only reason i endured the ordeal of a set by dashboard confessional

that being said, i've been very psyched about u2 openers in the past, particularly pj harvey and garbage in 2001. im looking forward to seeing kanye, though i have low expectations, as the majority of hip hop acts i've seen have been rather awful live.

bollox said:

as the majority of hip hop acts i've seen have been rather awful live.

Do yourself a favour and see one of the following next time they swing through your town -

Blackalicious
The Roots
Lyrics Born
Jurassic 5

Some of the better live acts, regardless of genre, I've ever seen.

martha said:
I still find it surprising that so many U2 fans have such narrow tastes where music is concerned. I can't think of a genre that I blanketly dislike. :shrug:

Why should you find it surprising, it´s not about merely "U2 fans", is about persons who may have different tastes. I can´t stand there and say I like every music. It´s the everyday life, there are things you like, other you dislike

I actually sat through several KoL sets on the first leg and though I think the cumulative effect gave me ED for a week at no time was I tempted to boo, throw my MRE at them, etc. I’ve witnessed opening acts for other bands get literally booed of the stage so no matter what divides us as fans in the real world IMO U2 fans are basically good folk.

The opening acts on the 3rd leg are pretty good and the shows with West and Arcade Fire should be highlights but with Gwen Stefani having difficulty selling out mid sized venues that is an opening act I’d love to gawk at. Mix in the Black Eyed Peas and that show would kick ass. I just wish that artists and fans alike would leave their ideological baggage at the door and for a couple of hours so we can just be one and paaaartaaaay but that being said I’d love to be at the SLC show to see if West “keeps it real” with that crowd. :evil:

bollox said:

well, that assumes you have seats; many of us have GA and need to stand through the opener to hold on to our oh-so-precious spots. trust me, that's the only reason i endured the ordeal of a set by dashboard confessional

oh please... if you need a good opener to "endure" having to hold your spot on the rail until u2 comes on, by all means, pleae give your GA up to the majority of the rest of us who would be more than happy to watch donkey's having sex on the ellipse if it meant getting a great spot for u2.

yeah gabriel, i decided to see if i could find another copy of it which had more feed. that station is ridiculous. my appologies.

Back
Top Bottom