How you know you've become way too obsessed with this tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a serious ticket/tour saga story to tell. I can't tell it yet because it is not over. The show at the end of this colossal drama is on Saturday, but when I get there, the drama will not begin or end with the show. It's still unflolding daily, right now. Which explains why I haven't been posting much lately.

I am going to post my ticket/tour saga in the "Ticket stories" thread next week, after I get back, both figuratively and literally. Someday I will laugh over it but right now, it's not that funny. When you read it you will judge whether you'd have gone as far as I did. But you'll also appreciate why.

Last edited:
When your husband starts talking about where you would like to go for your anniversary trip and you immediately try and think when U2 will be playing and what city they will be in, and the topper is that it doesn't matter at all to you that your husband is not a fan.

When you keep looking at how much flights/accomodation/seeing if there are any spare tickets on ebay for chicago in september cost all because you want to go to the show that is on your birthday:reject: :coocoo:
even tho no1 i know would go that far or be able to afford it so you'd have to go alone(nether can i but i wanna go soooo much ) :scream:

yea im obsessed :yes: and proud of it :wink:

When you're sitting in front of your computer for the past 90 minutes on a show night wondering where the hell the "setlist party thread" is.

Was at NJ II today, have another one to add:

when you see one of Edge's guitars in the hands of a roadie before they take stage, and you basically start to worship it.

Last edited:
1. When instead of doing your work all day (in a city U2 have left and will not return to until September) you are constantly surfing Interference to hear all the latest news.

2. When you are obsessively checking ebay for 9/21 (Chicago) and 9/25 (Milwaukee) tickets having already procured 9/20.

3. When you are completely unable to show the mastercard bill to husband who was out of the country 5/4-16 and thus has no idea how much money you spent 5/7-12 seeing the band at all four shows.

4. When you are already trying to recruit friends to fly to London for 4th of July based on the RUMOR that U2 will play a couple of songs at the at best TENTATIVELY sheduled Live Aid II/Live 8.

There are more but they have already been mentioned by others... :)

When your torn about trying to go to a show that you:

1. Can't afford at all. (and try to rationalize it by saying that you don't really need a hotel, you can spend your down time in the airport, even though you can't afford the flight either :( ).

2. Don't even have tickets to.

:reject:

Last edited:
Catlady said:
1. When instead of doing your work all day (in a city U2 have left and will not return to until September) you are constantly surfing Interference to hear all the latest news.

Guilty - but my next show is on Sunday - :drool:

2. Constantly looking at U2torrents.com for the boot of your show - even though you know there is a two week rule.

3. Drooling over the pics of the show you were at.

:heart: I cannot wait till Sunday.

1. When you're supposed to helping your 11th graders study for thier US history final that you are giving them next week but instead you're surfing the internet to find tickets to shows in the fall.

:wink:
St. Louis, here I come!

when u2 isnt coming to your city and you cry over it but you still are on Interference boards 24/7.

Winnipeg is not happy with u2. :mad:

starsgoblue said:
When you start to wonder whether or not you really need both kidneys when the black market will pay you so handsomely for one....

:ohmy: XLNT idea, stars!!! Why didn't I think of that?!?!? Hell, let's see -- I can spare a kidney, a lung, one eye, some blood & bone marrow, a spleen, and a decent portion of liver.

That oughta' get me what? - At least a crap nosebleed seat in MSG for November & maybe enough money left over for a Greyhound ticket.... you think????? :hyper:

:eyebrow: Sad that we would even joke about such a thing, huh? Truely, we are possessed. :yes: :laugh:

When you are spending 1 to 2 hours A DAY on the internet looking for tickets to the THIRD LEG shows.

When an e-bay auction ends early for a pair of tickets you wanted for an OCTOBER SHOW and it almost RUINS YOUR DAY :)!

When you are trying to figure out how you will get time off work 6 MONTHS FROM NOW to go see U2 in NYC over Thanksgiving for Christ's sake!

So what if your coworkers want to spend it with their families!

When you just finished watching the Vertigo clip from GMA that Queen Bee posted and immediately get thrown back into the post-show funk that took you nearly 3 weeks to shake.

I miss Vertigo :sad: I am obsessed. :sad: Do you think I have a problem? :eyebrow: or is this normal!

MUST FOCUS!!~! :hyper: chicago in september :drool:

When you write down the setlist after each show, even though they are basically all pretty much the same and you could find them all on u2tours.com. Yeah, good times. :wink:

Oh, and when a comworker asks where U2 is headed next and you say: "well, next they will be in Philadelphia, then off to NJ for two shows, then to NY on Saturday, back to Philadelphia, and the final three shows in Boston. Then they head to Europe for the summer, back to North America in the fall, of which I am going to both Chicago shows, and perhaps Australia and Japan next year". Yes, this really did happen, I know U2's whereabouts and will be happy to share it in great detail with even those who could care less. :huh:

Last edited:
when people at school ask when youre going to see u2 and you tell them sunday, tuesday, wednesday, saturday, sunday, tuesday, thursday, saturday.

starsgoblue said:
When you start to wonder whether or not you really need both kidneys when the black market will pay you so handsomely for one....

I thought we had discussed this organ situation in one of the setlist party threads. :grumpy: I'm tellin' ya, one kidney is plenty. :yes: :hyper:

When you've been waiting all day and sat through the KOL and you're on the rail inside the ellipse, right up against the stage, front and center (!!) and you're going crazy because the techs are getting the instruments ready and you know the next song is The Arcade Fire's and you're so excited because you're going to have B right in front of you in just a second but you get a little distracted because the crowd is making weird noises and one sounds like your cat meowing and meowing and then like a snoring and snoring and your cat meowing so loud, and omigod it is the cat meowing and holy crap why is that snoring so loud and shit I just woke up and that was a dream??!???? It was SO real!!WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH :sad:

A day could not start off much worse.

Last edited:
pookybear said:
I received a spam e-mail in my inbox today with the subject line: You're Getting Free GAS for 1 YEAR! My heart jumped, and then I realized it said gas and not GA's. :|
spit.gif
That's great.

Mine isn't funny but I'm so obsessed that I tried out 4x to win tickets on a radio station in Seattle. I used different names each time to win tix for other people. I won twice--4 tix in all--and when I ran out of people to win tix for, I still tried to win more.
nervous.gif

Back
Top Bottom