How was dashboard confessional?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I were you, I wouldn't be expecting many positive responses.

Axver said:
If I were you, I wouldn't be expecting many positive responses.

Worse than kings of leon? People were ripping on them immediately following the first show.

I guess a positive way to look at it is there has been more bitching about the setlist than the opening act. :wink:

Bean

Bean_Counter said:

Worse than kings of leon? People were ripping on them immediately following the first show.

I guess a positive way to look at it is there has been more bitching about the setlist than the opening act. :wink:

Bean

:lol: Nice perspective there. I don't think the last notes of 40 were even over before the KOS slagging began. :wink:

I saw DC open for Elvis Costello a couple of years ago. Definitely not impressed. I'm bored by opening bands, most of the time... :huh:

I actually liked dashboard. he's a bit emo and has a slightly whiny voice and mushy lyrics, but the music is good. the crowd seemed very receptive (or maybe they were just being typically polite canadians). like i said though, i thought they played a great set. the beer may have helped my opinion, but even listening to studio versions afterwards, they sound MUCH better than Kings of Leon.

Axver said:

:lol: Nice perspective there. I don't think the last notes of 40 were even over before the KOS slagging began. :wink:

You guys waited THAT long?

Hell, we were yelling at the Kings of Shit during their entire set at San Jose 1 - "You Suck!" "Play some Zeppelin!" "Get off the stage!" "Where's U2" etc.

This was when the arena was still pretty empty, so the commentary echoed off the rafters pretty well, everyone was laughing... reminds me of the time we booed the Waterboys off the stage in San Francisco during the UF Tour in December '84... ahhh, sweet memories!

Needless to say, that whiny little lead singer of KOS started crying about how mean we were to them, what a wuss.

Maybe if he didn't spit on the girls in the front row of the ellipse, we would have treated him a bit better.... 'cause what ye reap, so shall ye sow, sucker.

The "U2 Opening Band Curse" will bite them hard.

Who's next?

Last edited:
Another Day said:

Hell, we were yelling at the Kings of Shit during their entire set at San Jose 1 - "You Suck!" "Play some Zeppelin!" "Get off the stage!" "Where's U2" etc.

This was when the arena was still pretty empty, so the commentary echoed off the rafters pretty well, everyone was laughing... reminds me of the time we booed the Waterboys off the stage in San Francisco during the UF Tour in December '84... ahhh, sweet memories!

Needless to say, that whiny little lead singer of KOS started crying about how mean we were to them, what a wuss.

Maybe if he didn't spit on the girls in the front row of the ellipse, we would have treated him a bit better.... 'cause what ye reap, so shall ye sow, sucker.

Who's next?

How class.

MrBrau1 said:

How class.

No kidding. Just get beer or coke and enjoy the tunes. No need bashing a band who are getting your ear drums warmed up for U2. Hate to see how you listen to a new album for the first time.

I have to deal working a Dashboard Confessional show next year in the middle of February. I better bring some ear plugs and a sleeping pillow to the upcoming shows. :help:

grbounds said:
I actually liked dashboard. he's a bit emo and has a slightly whiny voice and mushy lyrics, but the music is good. the crowd seemed very receptive (or maybe they were just being typically polite canadians). like i said though, i thought they played a great set. the beer may have helped my opinion, but even listening to studio versions afterwards, they sound MUCH better than Kings of Leon.

great description of DC. Definitely better to listen to than Kings of Leon by far.

DC were boring times a thousand. Really, they sucked ass. I almost fell asleep. Some people behind me were booing, leaving, etc.

They are better than Kings of Leon, though, which is at least something.

I wish U2 didn't have an opening act. That way, they'd come on earlier, allowing themselves to make any spontaneous changes in the setlist during the show without worrying about going over any time limits that are sometimes imposed.

GretzkyU2Yanks said:

great description of DC. Definitely better to listen to than Kings of Leon by far.

The sound of crap hitting toilet water is better to listen to then KOL.

phanan said:
I wish U2 didn't have an opening act. That way, they'd come on earlier, allowing themselves to make any spontaneous changes in the setlist during the show without worrying about going over any time limits that are sometimes imposed.

Remember: The longer they play, means the less they play, which means less tickets available, which could result in you actually not being at the show!

Steved1998 said:

Nails on a chalkboard have more musical merit than the Kings Of Shit.

Steved1998 said:

:laugh:

I saw DC open for Weezer a couple years back... I liked the Screaming Infedelities song cuz I knew it...other than that they weren't too captivating.

Another Day said:

Who's next?

I dont get some people. I enjoy KOl's music and own all their cd's. Even If I didnt I woulldn't scream at them at tell them to play zepplin. Give it a rest. Do people yell at you and ridicule you at your job?

Hawkmoon04 said:

Do people yell at you and ridicule you at your job?

Yes.

I'm a baseball umpire.

At least I don't spit on the paying customers like that little weasel from the Kings of Shit did that night in San Jose.

Another Day said:

Who's next?

i bet you feel really proud of yourself don't you? U2 have chosen some great opening acts this tour (including the fabulous Kings of Leon) who still have to perform to a mostly partizan crowd who are just there to see U2 come out. it's a shame idiots like this guy here make the job even harder for these opening acts by shouting "get off the stage" and "you suck". Opening for U2 should be a privilege not a chore.

1stepcloser said:

i bet you feel really proud of yourself don't you? U2 have chosen some great opening acts this tour (including the fabulous Kings of Leon) who still have to perform to a mostly partizan crowd who are just there to see U2 come out. it's a shame idiots like this guy here make the job even harder for these opening acts by shouting "get off the stage" and "you suck". Opening for U2 should be a privilege not a chore.

I bet you feel really self-righteous about yourself, don't you.

U2 chose a shitty opening act for the first leg of this tour, the woeful Kings Of Shit, who performed to a mostly enthusiastic crowd until the singer started spitting on the girls in the front row the ellipse of the San Jose 1 show.

It's a shame idiots like this 1stepcloser guy can't get it through his thick skull that U2 fans do not like to be spat upon, and that we will retaliate by making the offender's job harder by yelling at them to get off the stage (gee, that's really rough).

Opening for U2 is a privilege that should not be abused. Expect a bit of payback if this advice is ignored.

By the way, that KOS singer was kissing our ass the next night at San Jose 2, telling us what a great audience we all were, etc.... he didn't dare spit on anyone that night, did he.

Dashboard Confessional -

Hmm the lead singer was powerful but did he have to yell that much all the time. my ears got so tired that i actually put ear plugs on.

I think its funny so many people hate kol. They were great in NJ, and everyone around me in the ellipse really liked them.

If you like dashborad confessional its safe to say you won't like KOL, and vice versa. I personally like KOL, and think they were great at the shows I saw, and will hoepfully see them again.

As for yelling insults, and the constant stupid comments like 'Kings of Shit' (so wondefully enlightened, and original) get over it already. Not everyone has the same taste. U2 the greatest rock band in the world thought highly enough to personally seek them out and ask them to open for them.

I have a feeling that U2 might not be a driving force when selecting an opening act.

Often it is a record label deal or whoever might manage to two bands. AND, tours are to promote new albums...if a band does not have a new album...they will not be touring with U2.

Follow the money...........

Back
Top Bottom