GA's or Bust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Just curious how many on here were like my wife and I who only go to U2 shows if we get GA's.

We are blessed to have GA's for 6 shows coming up and might go to 2 more in addition to planning on going to Australia with or without U2 in the new year.

I hear lots of stories about nosebleeds, I have never even thought of buying these tickets. Is it because I know I can get GA's and don't stop trying till I do or have I had good luck? Only sat in seats last tour because I bought the tix before the tour started and had no idea that the floor would be so incredible. GA's after that only.

GA or not at all for me.

Last edited:
I also only went for GAs.

Mainly, because I prefer the experience to seats. Secondly, the price factors in - why would I pay $175+fees for a seat, which may or may not be anywhere near the stage when even on a worst day, I could get a GA from a scalper for essentially that much?

I do understand there are people who don't like the floor. Maybe they don't have the time to line up, maybe they don't want to or can't miss work, maybe they don't like the pushing/shoving on the floor, maybe they are short and afraid they won't see well, etc. For them, it's way better to be in seats. But as I'm ready and willing to line up and have had mostly positive GA experiences, there is no reason that I can see that I'd go anything but GA.

Greatest value for your money, IMO.

The other thing about the economics of this is that even if you don't line up you could theoretically just come late and stand at the back of the floor by the mixing desk. None of the downsides of being "on the floor" (pushing, height issues) and you are _still_ closer to the band than most $175 seats. As for being able to sit down: who sits down at a U2 show anyway?

Viewed in economic terms, U2 has created a strange situation for fans: floor seats are both way more desirable and way cheaper than the "good seats." I think that's why, on ebay, the price of a floor ticket tends to gravitate towards $300--what you'd pay anyway for a pair of seats.

I'd have to agree with you on that nobody sits. I got seats for my first show, 7th row, and was forced to stand for the entire show because EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN FRONT OF ME was standing - so I figured, might as well get GA!

anitram said:
I also only went for GAs.

Mainly, because I prefer the experience to seats. Secondly, the price factors in - why would I pay $175+fees for a seat, which may or may not be anywhere near the stage when even on a worst day, I could get a GA from a scalper for essentially that much?

Same here. I did both seats and GA for Elevation, and the experience is not even comparable IMO. That being said I wouldn' t mind getting seats if that was all I could get, if only they were not so ridiculously expensive. I think it's inexcusable for them to charge 3 times the price of a floor ticket for a decent seat. I also have many friends who would love to see U2 but just won't pay that much, so they also wanted GAs...

And yes, for most shows on this tour it will be possible to get GAs from brokers or scalpers for less than the face value of seats.

I have never had GAs before this tour although I enjoyed sitting in the third row for Popmart and being in the stands for Elevation was pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to the GAs...

It's great to experience U2 from all vantage points!

I originally thought GA -- but then again the rush to get into the heart and such would be frantic.

The thing about GA and reserved seats are that everyone is there for the music, no one is there (or atleast I hope not) to hope to touch one of the band members.

I've got reserved seats, because I can stand up and watch the songs unfold and see how they are performed.

JohnCash said:
As for being able to sit down: who sits down at a U2 show anyway?

I have a seat near the stage for the first SJ show, but I'll definitely be sitting down before the show, during Kings of Leon's set, and before U2 takes the stage.......I have a GA for the second night, which means I'll be forced to stand the entire time.......yeah, it'll be fantastic to be so close to the band, but I'm automatically forced to sit through Kings of Leon again.......

GA does have its drawbacks...Remember that you aren't just standing for the U2 show, you are standing from the moment doors open untill the end of the show. Once you have your spot (hopefully next to the catwalk) you have to defend it like Fort Knox. Not only do you need a strong bladder (Its almost 3 hours from doors open till the band hits the stage), but strong arms. People just come out of nowhere and put on a lot of pressure to get against the railing. It can get pretty annoying. You certainly get closest to the band, but also hundreds of sweaty strangers too. My legs were weak by the time we were walking out last time.

This time I plan to do one GA and one lower bowl seat show. Hopefully both will be great!

With all of your posts, I can only TOTALLY agree. Having seen that, now I want you all to join me on that post, in the General Tour Discussion: Believin all the lies they tell ya, buyin all the tickets they sell ya -> forum.interference.com/t118368.html . Why don't people get me when I say: GAs or not at all. Also see how this thread developed, also under General Tour Discussion: Message to American fans complaining of nosebleeds -> forum.interference.com/t111041.html . This one is about getting U2 to play stadiums, so we can get more GA. Or at least that's the conclusion we all just arrived on.

A stadium GA is a very different animal than an American size arena GA. I'd take a seat for a stadium show, thanks.

Well, at first I just wanted to get inside the arena, so I wasnt really looking GA tickets. For shows like MSG and in DC, I knew they would sell out so fast, I just went with best available.

But now that I am going to 5 shows on this tour, I'm going to go for GAs only for the two MSG shows going on sale this monday. Wish me luck, I'll need it. :huh:

RademR said:
Well, at first I just wanted to get inside the arena, so I wasnt really looking GA tickets. For shows like MSG and in DC, I knew they would sell out so fast, I just went with best available.

But now that I am going to 5 shows on this tour, I'm going to go for GAs only for the two MSG shows going on sale this monday. Wish me luck, I'll need it. :huh:

that's how I feel:yes:

I have seats but I want the GA experience....granted it is a blessing of some sorts to live on the NJ/NYC area...but I am hoping for a shot at GAs on Monday. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom