edges use of acoustic guitars.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
hey all, im not sure if this has been asked already, or if its even in the right forum but here goes....

why is edge using acoustic guitars for L&P and the fly?!?!?!?!

i mean, these songs arent really acoustic songs? is there any reason why he is using acoustic guitar?

cheers guys
quad

I don't know if it's an all-acoutsic guitar... I'm guessing it's a semi-acoustic... For L&P this is done because the verses use a acouticish sound and the chorus uses a distorted sound... And one can't play two different guitars at once...

It's a Line6 Variax acoustic. And from what I understand, you push a button and change it's sound. It can sound like an electric, different types of electrics, a banjo, even a sitar. Kinda cool but yeah, it is bizarre that he's using an acoustic for those songs.

Edgette said:
It's a Line6 Variax acoustic. And from what I understand, you push a button and change it's sound. It can sound like an electric, different types of electrics, a banjo, even a sitar. Kinda cool but yeah, it is bizarre that he's using an acoustic for those songs.

It's genius:wink:

I've always viewed the Variax as a gimmick guitar, but the Edge certainly makes it sing.

You know what they say, if you give me Eddie Van Halen's set up, I'm still going to sound like me; not particularly good and still learning the basics. But if you give Eddie Van Halen a chinese stratocaster and a $50 amp, he's still going to sound like Eddie Van Halen.

Back
Top Bottom