Bono is a little too monogamous for my taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's too bad pets aren't allowed in the arenas. i'd love to see Bono take a Golden Retriever for a walk around the ellipse.

u2forlife said:
But, Headache is a guy :giggle:

Ok where is the she-man at?!!!! Im going to wrap my hands around his little neck! LOL. Knew I wasn't losing it when I thought "it" was a guy! Than I read the stats and saw female. Oooooooooooooh he's mine! :evil:

ANNOUNCEMENT! Im a natural blonde so please don't confuse me too much everyone! :lol:

Why has this become so cut-throat? Seriously, what's the reasoning behind it? I'm sure dancing with Bono is a nice moment and all, but it's not like the dancers are suddenly going to become his BFF, be put on his Christmas card list, be invited out for drinks with him, or anything like that.

Anyone care to explain the purpose of this behaviour, because I'm baffled. :huh:

This is a very interesting thread, and I agree with a lot of it. I do think that it would be a lot more relaxing for everyone if Bono didn't keep pulling people up, and that it should be about the music only, because even if he does pull a different person up each night, while better than always picking the same people, there will always be people who are sad they didn't get up.

I would hazard a guess that the reason girls get SO miserable/worked up about it is not that they think they will sweep Bono off his feet (they'd be highly delusional to think that), but because they feel like lesser people because they were not chosen, especially when compared to people who have been chosen many times. The people who are not chosen perceive that the chosen ones are not only living a dream and fantasy that (let's face it) most female U2 fans have, but are also special in Bono's eyes. The un-chosen therefore can't understand why he wouldn't choose them and feel like they are either invisible, or distasteful in some way, which is of course, totally not true!

That is what I think anyway... :shrug: I can kind of understand that mentality, or at least the disappointment factor of not getting chosen, it is a perfectly human reaction. Of course to get ludicrously worked up about it and want to throw yourself of a cliff is pointless and obviously there are deeper insecurities/issues that need attending to!

My own motivation to get up (as I've mentioned before) had nothing to do with competing with anyone or getting my hands on Bono's ass or anything like that. I just wanted to make a connection with the band I have loved for so long, and to dance with them just once as I have done countless times with Elevation, the tribute band. I also knew that there was NO WAY he would ever pick me just for me, I am not glamorous or interesting enough, so this was the only way it would ever have worked.

It wasn't a desperate do or die situation. Had I never been picked I would have enjoyed the show just as much. But, I had nothing to lose, so I went for it. The feeling I got from the experience was pure joy, I got to hug the man who has done so much for so many all these years, and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. :)

It never would have even occurred to me to try to get onstage again, had many people not suggested it immediately afterwards. That just seemed greedy to me (to make an effort to get up again, not if he just picked me randomly), so I was content to just anonymously enjoy the shows later on in the tour.

Last edited:
u2forlife said:
Not before my pet rabbit, Muzzly :mad:
My pet was on the rail FIRST! :happy:

My cat Worf will bitch slap your pet rabbit.

Worf is a mean cat :yes: :shifty:

3458348323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E692%3E7%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232556%3A88%3C83nu0mrj

Last edited:
I wish he wouldn't pull anyone up. I'm sick to death of it. And I am sick to death of the 101 different signs (most of them lame) asking him to pull them up for whatever reason.

Sometimes you get something unique (like for example when Jessica belly danced) but then without a doubt you will have a belly dancer at each of the remaining shows of the tour trying to do the same thing. For God's sake, give it up!

I was surrounded by about 10 crazy, psychotic girls all decked out in various Macphisto outfits, or wearing basically only a bra, or some variation of a cowboy hat at one show. It was so unbearable that I voluntarily left the rail once they started pushing their way to the front (during the opening act, I might add). I remember getting ellipse passes from Alison and looking at those girls when Bono was trying to pick one, and it was utter mayhem.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

In a previous post I had made a remark regarding you as a man. Than I read another thread where you did your age and sex and it said female. So I came back here and apologized than Kilma told me that you are in fact a guy,lol. Ok my brain hurts now lol

Oh and my beagle Butterball would be the chosen pet naturally. Just like Bono he loves to eat :wink: :giggle:

EDITED: Jess you are glamarous enough for Bono to notice you. Im happy that you got your chance to connect with U2 the way you did :hug:

BonosBaby12 said:

In a previous post I had made a remark regarding you as a man. Than I read another thread where you did your age and sex and it said female. So I came back here and apologized than Kilma told me that you are in fact a guy,lol. Ok my brain hurts now lol

Oh and my beagle Butterball would be the chosen pet naturally. Just like Bono he loves to eat :wink: :giggle:

EDITED: Jess you are glamarous enough for Bono to notice you. Im happy that you got your chance to connect with U2 the way you did :hug:

25-m-ny-bitch

:scratch:

Ok you know you could have just played along with me here,lol. Instead you just had to go and prove me wrong and than scratch your head at me,lol. I could have sworn it said female underneath your's. Damn holidays! Im so overloaded on everything that my brain won't function right! Im sorry Headache,lol.

Btw if I tell ya that the owl picture of Miroslava was really funny would it help? :flirt:

Reading this whole thread has made me laugh. My sister and I drove home from the SLC concert and made all of the same comments said here.

The now famous one butted in front of us in line too in SLC - we tried to tell linemaster that she wasn't there. In fact her friends admitted that several of their planes had not yet arrived while we were sitting out in the cold. Linemaster decided to give them the number that their friends had written them down at. Very disappointing. I asked the now famous one too - she refused to go behind others in line.

In the ellipse, we were front and center next to the girls gone wild crew at the show. For anyone who says there aren't catfights, there is! We happened to be next to the Santa girl. We let someone up onto the rail between us and the girls gone wild gave us the worst looks! They were so mad! I guess we had bumped them into a worse spot...

Anyway, before the show started, we got to listen to Santa girl complain that it wasn't her turn to have the bad place on the rail. We also watched all of them put on their makeup about 10 times. How much do you need?

All the while, an 11 year old girl was behind them at her 2nd U2 show. Don't you think that they could have let her up there? How many times can you see this show? If they were in the true U2 spirit they would want to let her up. I wish that we had let her up - she would have loved it!

Anyway, I have been on stage with Bono and I am with Kimla. He needs to end it. It is disturbing to watch this happen at a concert. Personally, I am much happier when he winks or just a small acknowledgement. I don't know, I feel like that it more genuine rather than being part of the act.

One last comment, Bono winked at my sister while he was dancing with Santa girl in Beautiful Day. It was funny - I just looked at her and said, "did he just wink at you while he was dancing with another girl?"

Hope I haven't pissed anyone off too badly. It's too bad what the bonogirls have turned into. Who would have thought that the bonogirls would be the girls gone wild? Or just a select few of them...

Whether Bono should pull different girls up or not pull girls up at all is obviously up to him. None of us know what his reasoning is, so what can you do? :shrug:

The one night I was anywhere near him, I didn't get so much as a smile or a look directly at me, but I was more than happy to be there and share the experience with everyone(I did however get a few grins from Adam :drool:) That's what it's about and MOST fans know that.

I found it sad that a handful of girls ran around the ellipse after B, holding up their signs and giving him pleading looks. They looked genuinely miserable when it didn't work and didn't appear to be enjoying the show at all. I think this sort of behaviour is inevitable and the best thing to do is just ignore it. Mr. Bono seems to take this approach himself :yes:

BonosBaby12 said:

Ok you know you could have just played along with me here,lol. Instead you just had to go and prove me wrong and than scratch your head at me,lol. I could have sworn it said female underneath your's. Damn holidays! Im so overloaded on everything that my brain won't function right! Im sorry Headache,lol.

Btw if I tell ya that the owl picture of Miroslava was really funny would it help? :flirt:

:scratch:

:wink: nothing meant by it was just bein' a wisenheimer

Mrs. Edge said:
It wasn't a desperate do or die situation. Had I never been picked I would have enjoyed the show just as much. But, I had nothing to lose, so I went for it. The feeling I got from the experience was pure joy, I got to hug the man who has done so much for so many all these years, and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. :) [/B]

Jess, I hope you don't think I was referring to you, or anyone else who just happens to get pulled up. :reject: I should have clarified in my original post. You have great perspective on the matter, and everyone in your area, including myself, was gesturing wildly toward him so that he would come back to you. :hug:

It's just those who make it into a competition that I question. I hope they realize what they're missing out in terms of the whole show when they make dancing with Bono their sole focus, or argue with and push other fans to get into the prime area. It's really sad that they need so much validation.

I like the pulling a girl up onstage bit. Heck, I like Bono pulling a guy up to play a tune. The bottom line is that if that becomes a thorn in one's side that's that person's own problem. Why should a band have to change what they like to do because some people think they're the center of the universe & don't like being told anything but?

Additionally, in the grand scheme of things, I think the fan populatoin that finds this a problem is a very small minority---yes, not all U2 fans are members of a forum and discuss stuff collectivley like this & travel to as many shows as we do.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Jess, I hope you don't think I was referring to you, or anyone else who just happens to get pulled up. :reject: I should have clarified in my original post. You have great perspective on the matter, and everyone in your area, including myself, was gesturing wildly toward him so that he would come back to you. :hug:

It's just those who make it into a competition that I question. I hope they realize what they're missing out in terms of the whole show when they make dancing with Bono their sole focus, or argue with and push other fans to get into the prime area. It's really sad that they need so much validation.

No, I didn't think you were referring to me specifically, but thank you! :hug: I just thought I'd add my perspective to the mix. :)

I am actually very lucky that I was in such a supportive section of the outer ellipse, I have never seen one of these fist fights, but I'm glad I didn't have to contend with that! :yikes:

BonosBaby12, that is very sweet of you to say. :hug:

If we want unpredictability at a show, maybe the next time Bono sees a sign with someone asking to dance with him or play guitar on stage, he should pull them up like he's acknowleding their request, and them flat out punch them in the face.

Now how many of us would honestly expect that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom