back in the states in november?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misugo

Babyface
i was listening to the station Classic Rewind on Sirius Satellite Radio today and at about 4:40pm est they played Streets and afterwards the dj said:

'for you U2 fans, the band will be back in the states in the fall'

anyone else hear this?

is it possible that just hawaii would be considered 'the states'?

hmmm....

What else should it be? A. as if some DJ knows something the greatest rumormill in the world (the internet) doesn't know. B. they've played the US for more then enough. Let the rest of the world have a share.

misugo said:
i was listening to the station Classic Rewind on Sirius Satellite Radio today and at about 4:40pm est they played Streets and afterwards the dj said:

'for you U2 fans, the band will be back in the states in the fall'

anyone else hear this?

is it possible that just hawaii would be considered 'the states'?

hmmm....

are you sure it wasn't "Streets" not states?

Muad'zin said:
What else should it be? A. as if some DJ knows something the greatest rumormill in the world (the internet) doesn't know. B. they've played the US for more then enough. Let the rest of the world have a share.

You know, I wish people would stop complaining about the number of U.S. shows U2 has done over the last year. None of us are the ones deciding when or where they play, and none of us are suggesting they forego playing the rest of the world to play more U.S. shows.

In response to the original post, I'd guess the DJ was referring to Hawaii. Logistically, if they're going to extend the tour at all, it would make sense that it would be in the countries where they're already playing.

I certainly wouldn't complain about getting to see them again one last time on this tour, but I'm hoping as many fans as possible who hold tickets for the Australia, New Zealand, and Japan shows are still able to see them when those dates are rescheduled.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

You know, I wish people would stop complaining about the number of U.S. shows U2 has done over the last year. None of us are the ones deciding when or where they play, and none of us are suggesting they forego playing the rest of the world to play more U.S. shows.
:yes:

And yeah...Hawaii counts as the states

hawaii counts as "state," not "states"

in all likelyhood this is a DJ who has no idea what he's talking about and just threw something out he "heard" in order to sound cool.

and yea, the "you guys have had enough" argument is really annoying. unless you're willing to give up your tickets to a person who's never seen them before, then frankly, be quiet.

fans wanting to see the band again as soon as possible! :ohmy: oh the humanity!!!

Every individual state is in and counts as "the states"

short for the United States.

Is someone suggesting Hawaii isn't part of the States? I could see the confusion if they were playing Puerto Rico but Hawaii is a State along with:

Alaska
New Hampshire
Vermont
New York
Maine
Kentucky
Oregon
Washington
California
Arizona
New Mexico
Louisiana
Mississippi
Florida
Conneticut
Maryland
Rhode Island
North Dakota
South Dakota
Virginia
West Virginia (not sure about this one)
Georgia
Pennsylvania
Vermont
Massachusetts
New York

Have you ever tried to name all the states before? Challenging to say the least...

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Is someone suggesting Hawaii isn't part of the States?

No...I was just clarifying because someone above was like "Hawaii is a state not states." Duh, but it's part of the States like you say. That's all. :banghead:

clifedge said:

No...I was just clarifying because someone above was like "Hawaii is a state not states." Duh, but it's part of the States like you say. That's all. :banghead:

Ummm... I'm not sure where you learned Geography, but Hawaii IS a state and therefore part of "the States"... maybe it's because we live in Canada that it's so much more intuitive to us. I guess it would be like if you guys called us "the Da"... If U2 was coming back to Manitoba (part of "the Da"), we might face the same confusion that you currently do.

Does every single topic now have to turn into a debate about why the play in the US so much? Give it up.... they are going to play where they want.... not according to who wins this ridiculous arguement. Does the US get a lot of shows? Of course and as long as they tour we always will get a lot of shows. THIS IS THEIR DECISION.....DEAL WITH IT....and enough about this.

Maybe I'll start a rumor...."Hey, I heard from a record store owner that U2 is going to do a stadium tour in Europe next spring?" Satisfied?

I hope U2 does play another leg of US gigs, just to come here & read all the pissing & moaning about it.

But yeah, I assume it's either A, Hawaii, or B, the DJ has no clue/is on crack. I do hope the makeup the Australian, NZ, & Japanese dates.

I don't think there is any doubt that they makup every single date that was cancelled.

Additionally, the speculation about the playing the states again comes down to 2 things.....

1. They are supposedly ending this "6-7 November mini-tour" in the states (Hawaii) and if they are to play more gigs, it just makes sense that they would jump over to the mainland from Hawaii.

2. 6-7 concerts after months of not playing just doesn't make sense. Why go through all of that just to play a few times? I think it just sounds logical to a lot of people that they will want to play more than a few gigs after ramping back up again. Again, because they are suppose to end the tour in Hawaii...in the states...if they did decide to play a dozen to 20 or so more dates, California, Arizona, maybe Mexico again...just makes too much sense.

THAT is why people speculate about more US gigs. If they cancelled the tour with 6-7 European shows left, the speculataion would be that they are going to add a dozen or so European dates, etc, etc.

i wouldn't be overly surprised if they added more dates... but i wouldn't be surprised if they just called it quits as well and went back into the studio after hawaii.

it doesn't make much sense to just play 6 shows and then stop, but it's not like they need the money anyways. so i wouldn't be shocked either way... i'm sure it's something they're discussing... they have plenty of time to decide.

As much as I'd love them to come back here, I doubt it because remember that they're bringing the stadium show, not the arena. They will have no problem in Oz and Hawaii because it'll be warm there, but they can't really play in the US unless they stick to SoCal, Florida, etc. They can't play anywhere in the midwest or up north in the winter. :shrug: They will probably just add more dates in the places they are already playing.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. :drool:

Logically, wouldn't it make sense to do a few warm-up shows because of the long lay off? So for purely selfish reasons, I hope Southern California gets a couple of shows. Probably won't happen but one can dream.

sami0201 said:
As much as I'd love them to come back here, I doubt it because remember that they're bringing the stadium show, not the arena. They will have no problem in Oz and Hawaii because it'll be warm there, but they can't really play in the US unless they stick to SoCal, Florida, etc. They can't play anywhere in the midwest or up north in the winter. :shrug: They will probably just add more dates in the places they are already playing.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. :drool:

Doubt it will happen (and how dare you even suggest it!! :laugh: :wink: ) But there are alot of domed stadiums in N. America they could play if they wanted, so weather isnt necessarily a factor. Would be a problem for a few markets though. Either the next leg will get cancelled or it will end with Hawaii and that will be the only U.S. show on it. Any additional shows will probably only be Australia and possibly an additional in Japan. That would be my guess.

Back
Top Bottom