Advice on Meeting the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
Hi all

Going to the 2 Manchester shows then the Glasgow show and would just like to know what's the best way to get to meet the band for autographs and photos.

I once waited outside Manchester arena for nearly 3 hours with no luck!

Any advice please because I don't think I can wait another 4 years for the band to tour again - if they ever will!

If I get any good advice and any photos of me with the band then I will post them here - if I don't die from the shock!

Yeah, I know they're only human - NAH! they're not ;)

good luck with your quest!!! We thought we saw their limo last time they were in Manchester, my mate was hangin out or our taxi shouting them, but no-one wound the windows down, so we were non the wiser. i'm going tmos, can't wait.:drool:

Not sure how it is in europe but here in the United States (i assume its the same). Bono and the Edge (Adam on occasion and Larry almost never) come out to meet and greet fans as they go in for soundcheck. The only time they don't are when they are running late for soundcheck or fans bum rush the cars or the boys as they emerge from the cars. SO PLEASE DON'T RUN UP TO THEM! Stay calm and patient..and they will come to everyone who waits there. The one thing that amazes me about them is how genuine they are and truely enjoy talking with the fans.

The time frame when they arrive is anywhere from 2pm to 5pm or so. I would get there before 2pm though and just wait it out. I waited 3 hrs or more for them and boy was it worth the wait.

<<< see my aviatar....my cherrished autograph from bono and edge.

Thanks for the info, U2Fanatic4ever.

Don't think I can get there for the soundcheck (working) but what's the score AFTER the show - are they as keen to sign autographs then?

See you at the concert, adele.

U2mixer said:

Don't think I can get there for the soundcheck (working) but what's the score AFTER the show - are they as keen to sign autographs then?

Oh yeah, they surely will if they have the time. Sometimes they rush out of there before anyone gets back there. Depends on their schedule (i.e. if the show in that area is the last one, they may not stick around). I would try and get to the back of venue as they are doing the last song and wait for them. Or just run as fast you can back there and wait it out. Sometimes they don't emerge till like 1 or 2am.

U2mixer said:

Yeah see ya there U2 mixer.:wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom