Winnipeg Petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they can slot the winnipeg show between Vancouver and Chicago! Hell, why not have Edmonton and Calgary in there too.

:)

Hank

ps- I signed it too (and I'm a Vancouverite)

We were shooting for a third leg date and I really doubt they would add another 1st leg date now. But thanks for signing. Betty have you heard anything from U2, The mts centre or Power 97?

Hey guys!I just got in from out of town. I got an e-mail from Lochlin aboiut the petition. Got a message from Cathy kennedy I think she is with citi any way nothing much is new gonna e-mail loch back and call cathy. What is with the rumoured Callgary gig? Anything about the peg?

Betty let us know of anything lochlin or Cathy says. We are all very eager to know whats going on in term of the band coming to the peg.

The new rumours sort of scare me as they seem to dwarf to chances of them coming to winnipeg. But these are just rumours so I it dont matter till there annouced officially.

Hey titians I noticed that you noticed the announcment on the petition. Anyone who signs the petition and makes their e-mail address public is eligible to win two tickets to see U2 live and hand deliver the petition to the band!!!!
POWER 97!!! :rockon:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/U2TOPEG/:rockon:

Last edited:
thetitans2k said:
Where is the concert that you get to see? how do they decide who wins?

They are going to draw an e-mail address. I think the concert will be in Toronto. I am adding something on the bottom of the petition so everyone who signs knows about it.

Thanks for all the sigs!!

5654!! 5654!! 5654!! 5654!! (a million more to go!!) :)

http://www.petitiononline.com/U2TOPEG/petition.html

Going to the concert in Toronto to give the petition to them in september will be way too late for them to change their schedule. But anyways I want to win this so bad!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Lochlin is hoping it will work before that? maybe he doesn't know the toronto dates? When I talk to him I'll mention this.

Good, tell him to try for Vancouver! This would really be awesome if I got to give the petition to Bono. Are there alot of people puting there email address in the comments section? it doesnt seems as though there are.

thetitans2k said:
Good, tell him to try for Vancouver! This would really be awesome if I got to give the petition to Bono. Are there alot of people puting there email address in the comments section? it doesnt seems as though there are.

There isn't alot of e-mails yet because it is not posted on the petition. once it is posted on there and announced on the radio i'm sure there will be a ton of them.

Yah, they need to annouce the prize on the radio and write it on their website!

U2 comes to Winnipeg in 2005!!!!

Well things are looking up. I had emailed 92 CITI FM a couple of weeks ago to find out if they would post the petition link on there homepage, as Power 97 and FREQ 107 both had it on there homepages. They emailed me back saying that they where in the process of contacting the local promoter here in Winnipeg and also U2's record label to see if there was a possibility of U2 coming to Winnipeg and once they heard back, they would then decide if they would put the link on there homepage. Well, I just checked the 92 CITI homepage and the link is up but what caught my eye was a mention of having U2 play on May 31, 2005! :ohmy: The date sounds possible as they play Boston on May 28 and then don't play until Brussels on June 10. With over 6000 signatures on the petition now, I think Winnipeg has proven they deserve at least 1 show from U2 on this tour.

I just saw the May 31st date on the 92 site. I wonder what that means. Im gonna email them to see if its for real.

Well this is getting a bit crazy now isn't it. I wonder where they got that date from?:eyebrow:
I really don't understand 92 citi. They were one of the first people , no sorry the FIRST people i had talked to about the petition and the only one there that helped me a little was Tom. Their producer Duncan wouldn't even e-mail me back! Now that the petition is doing good and might work they want to be a part of it. I don't understand?

Last edited:
They want to jump on a good thing and make their station look good. It doesnt really matter its just more chances for people to sign. I cant help wondering what the date is. Betty try to email 92 citi tell them you started it and want to know what the date is about.

I think 92 CITI was just being very cautious with the petition. They didn't want to put the link on there page unless they knew there was a very good chance of it working. From who they obviously talked to, they now think there is a good chance of them coming. As for the May 31 date, it could be wishful thinking on part of 92 CITI or it may have been a date given to them from who they had contacted about a possible tour stop. They are all positive signs.

And Betty, try emailing the Webmaster at 92 CITI. That was who I got a response back from. As thetitans2k mentioned, let them know that you where the one who created the petition and would like to know what the date means on there page. Also, ask them why they delayed putting the link on there page when you had contacted them originally without any response. See what they say.

I hope it's not May 31... Because I won't be here for that date. :sad:

But really, any date is good if Winnipeg gets to see U2.

thetitans2k said:
They want to jump on a good thing and make their station look good. It doesnt really matter its just more chances for people to sign. I cant help wondering what the date is. Betty try to email 92 citi tell them you started it and want to know what the date is about.

I did e-mail Kathy Kennedy because she called me last week. So I e-mailed her with my number. I also have her number and I'm going to give her a call on Monday. In the e-mail I did ask her about the date. I guess well see!

This morning, I was listening to Q94 FM and they said that there was going to be good news for U2 fans on monday. I think this could only mean one thing. :drool:

Maybe because they are starting their tour then? U2 fans in Winnipeg or U2 fans in general?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom